URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 291
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ishe Smith VS. Sergio Mora - REMATCH!!!!"

Posted by AlgeCrumpler on 05-25-05 at 11:22 AM
I think this is the next fight these fighters should take. They will both get huge paydays, and they are clearly the best 2 fighters from the show. They should set it up NOW while the iron is hot.

However, this time it should be a full 10 or 12 round match. Sergio and Ishe were both very impressive yesterday. I think a ton of people would watch the fight, especially if there were a few other contenders on the undercard. Maybe a 3 million dollar purse?

What do you think?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Ishe Smith VS. Sergio Mora - REMATCH!!!!"
Posted by VegasFightWriter on 05-25-05 at 12:19 PM
I'd like to see that too (obviously). It was the first thing Ishe said last night after the final. Realistically, however, I think Ishe needs it right now more than Sergio does. Sergio's on top of the world, a million dollars richer, and had his most recent fight broadcast live on network TV. The only thing TV viewers saw of Ishe's last fight was a clip of Bonsante lifting him over his shoulder. I'd like to see him get a reasonably high profile win or two and start calling out Sergio each time. (Unless, of course, the producers decide to go ahead with their plan to keep these guys together and have them go on the road and fight each other, in which case it sounds like they want to do Sergio-Alfonso first, and maybe they'd do the winner against Ishe after that). No way it's for anything like that large a purse, though. No matter how popular either becomes, it'll be a long time before they're fighting for that kind of money again.

Posted by AlgeCrumpler on 05-25-05 at 01:09 PM
Well, I think a lot of people know who Ishe is at this point. Plus they did breifly show him pounding Bonsante and the "I'm the #1 Daddy" hat was hilarious! I watched the whole fight on yahoo as well...

I agree Ishe needs it more than Sergio, but I think the fact that Ishe got a controversial split decision against the snake means we should see this fight! Sergio pretty much waltzed through everyone else.

If we have to wait, then what about a Ishe vs Jessee matchup, or even vs Manfredo?

Posted by Srxc11 on 05-25-05 at 01:20 PM
these are alot of interesting matchups, i would love to see sergio vs ishe again, and im sure it will happen eventually, but i cant imagine sergio would want to do it anytime soon (thers really no point yet) but id love to see the two best boxers fight again.

id say that the fight could have a huge purse, maybe not 3 mill, but at least one mill. Thats another great thing about the contender, is that people are going to pay alot to see rematches between the contestants.

Posted by thecontender2 on 05-25-05 at 01:30 PM
Ishe does not have to do any trash talking to get attention.
As much trash as I talk about Ishe, I think Ishe is growing up. We all got to see if not here about how great Ishe was in the ring yesterday.
He is going to have to work his way up the Contender food chain. Cus Alfonso deserves a shot first. Then who knows who will have the belt. I am not going to make any predictions on a Mora vs Gomez fight. They both are great warriors with two totaly different styles. Well we got to see a new and more lean Gomez last nite who has refined his boxing style

Ishe should fight Manfredo or Jesse first.
I think Ishe could beat them both.
Ishe is still in the picture. Not where he wants to be but he is still in it to win it.

Have faith Ishe, be patient. Your time to shine will surely come.
I believe God has a plan for you.
Do you?
Unfortunately his ways our not our ways and his time is not our time.

Ishe will be a champion.

I wish Ishe would not be such a meanie outside the ring.
In the ring I wish Ishe was mean and nasty. He needs to reverse his role in that area.

Just my opinion.