URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 2903
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Early Predictions, anyone?"

Posted by geekboy on 03-24-10 at 09:23 PM
Sorry I didn't get to do a rankings post this week. I couldn't watch the show until tonight, so there really wasn't a point.

What a dreadful week. Terrible song selection so far this season. How many 'Billboard #1's' were from the 60s and 70s?? C'mon people.

America is getting it right so far this season, that's a positive.

Here is my early prediction for a Top 4.

Crystal
Siobhan
Casey
Aaron

Those four were the ONLY good performances this week, and also some of the best form last week. I don't see anyone else in the top four.

I still think one of the girls will take the title this season, but we'll see.

Comments, anyone?

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Early Predictions, anyone?"
Posted by mathiascruz on 03-24-10 at 10:39 PM
aaron? i don't think so. his pitch is all over the place. and his phrasing and timing leave much to be desired. he has potentials but at this point, he needs a lot of training.

maybe michael or lee along with crystal, siobhan, and casey.

Posted by cahaya on 03-24-10 at 10:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-10 AT 11:12 PM (EST)

To add a fifth, I would toss Big Mike into the mix just because he's very confident on the stage and knows what he's about, so I'd rank him above the other two guys, even if his votes are scant. Lee is a distant sixth who might come around. As for the top four you posited, totally agree.

(eta) I can easily see Crystal and Siobhan in the top 3 and the real question is which guy will be in the top 3 with them.

Posted by Snidget on 03-25-10 at 06:38 AM
I think Michael or Lee would outlast Aaron.

Posted by mindy23 on 03-25-10 at 09:07 AM
My early predictions for the top 4:
Crystal
Shioban
Lee
Mike

I do like Aaron, and I think he has a good sized fan base, and a CW contract waiting for him when he walks off that AI stage. But I'm not sure how long his tweeny-somethings will keep dialing to outlast the older, more experienced talent.

I'd place him in a number 5 position. But I do have a funny feeling that Shioban may not last as long as most think. She may start getting old fast, and go around number 6 or 5. But I have no 'Crystal' ball or anything to base that on.....

Posted by zazzy on 03-25-10 at 09:37 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-10 AT 09:40 AM (EST)

I agree with Mathiascruz and others who say Aaron won't make the top 4...and I say not even top 5.

Here's my top 5 list from PTTE from before the top 12 performed:

1. Crystal winner
2. Siobhan
3. Michael
4. Casey
5. Lee

At this point I might switch Casey and Michael around...but I think there will be a lot of judges' love for Michael and /or theme help for Michael over the weeks--look at R&B week next week for one example.

I think that some of the top 10 may have been holding back a bit...because the show doesn't want them to peak too early.

Birdie and Michael Orland said in an interview that we will see real growth in some of the contestants this year...and I get the sense that means Siobhan, Lee and Casey and, in some part Crystal and Michael.

Fodder: Tim, Andrew

Won't grow enough to gain legions of fans: Aaron, Didi

Wildcard because she's been pimped: Katie

That leaves the top 5 of: Crystal, Siobhan, Casey, Michael, & Lee.

Posted by CTgirl on 03-25-10 at 01:03 PM
It's funny that you should talk about predicting Top 4 because DH and I had that same conversation last night - we watched the Tuesday night show before we watched the results.

We thought Crystal, Siobhan, Casey and Lee for Top 4 with Michael probably rounding out our top 5. We laughed because after hearing the judges say earlier in the season that the women were so great, we have 4 men in the top 6 (with Aaron being our 6th).

Out of curiosity last weekend I asked my 80-year-old FIL who his favorites were (he picked Kris Allen very early on last year but he doesn't vote). This year his favorites are Siobhan and Aaron. FWIW.

I would love to get behind my home-state girl Katie, but she does nothing for me. She's too generic.

Posted by geekboy on 03-25-10 at 01:32 PM
Speaking of Katie ...

did you like her version of "Big Girls Don't Cry"? I thought she had a terrible, nasally tone to her voice when she was singing on Tuesday. I don't know if they picked the wrong key or what, but I didn't understand the praise. I really didnt' like it.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Posted by csnumber23 on 03-25-10 at 03:37 PM
Yes I did like it and I don't care for that song. I also think there is no way she should have been in the bottom 3. To me, she is getting better every week. I see a lot of potential for a 17 year old kid but still needs lots of work and experience. I rank her 5th out of the 10 remaining.

My predicted top 4

1 - Siobhan
2 - Chrystal
3 - Casey
4 - Lee

On another note. I still don't get all this hype for Michael Lynch, am I missing something? Every time he performs I want to mute the TV. Someone please tell me what is so great about a guy screeching every week? I know he's an R&B soul guy but what am I missing??

Posted by geekboy on 03-25-10 at 03:52 PM
Well, first remember that Michael had a "good story" during auditions and Hollywood. I admit, I got sucked into it. But, I agree, lately he's been quite boring. In addition to that, one can now see his growing ego showing thru which automatically turns me off, and I suspect a lot of other viewers. Every season we get one or two with the ego, and if I was a fan, it stops there. Michael seems to be the only one this season with the ego bug.

geekboy

Posted by csnumber23 on 03-25-10 at 08:18 PM
I agree completely with everything you said! I also liked his story and him in the beginning(not that I dislike him now) but I can see the ego as well.

Posted by emydi on 03-26-10 at 09:48 AM
Someone please tell me what is so great about a guy screeching every week?

and yet you have Siobhan as your no. 1....boggle

I like Michael's voice I think it's smooth and he has a great stage presence.

Posted by csnumber23 on 03-28-10 at 00:29 AM
Actually she is my prediction to win but is not my favorite. I have been complaining about her screams the last couple weeks.

That's what makes the show great is everyone has different tastes and opinions as to who they like and don't like.

Posted by mathiascruz on 03-25-10 at 08:13 PM
agree

Posted by CTgirl on 03-25-10 at 09:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-10 AT 09:23 PM (EST)

Well geekboy, *puts on Ellen hat* her outfit was great. She finally wore something age appropriate.

*puts on Randy and Simon's hats* I found it very karaoke and cruise ship. A decent cover but totally forgettable.
(I had to go watch it on you tube to remember what I thought!)

Posted by zazzy on 03-25-10 at 05:38 PM
Hey CTGirl! *waves hi* Miss you in the PTTE game!

Posted by CTgirl on 03-25-10 at 09:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-10 AT 09:25 PM (EST)

Hiya zazzy!

I had a lot of trouble getting into this season. I decided to let natural selection and less TV hours to watch pare down the contestants for me!

Did your team win or lose tonight? I pegged you for a Syracuse fan. and if I'm right

Posted by zazzy on 03-26-10 at 07:18 AM
My team plays tonight.

* whistles "Devil In A Blue Dress" *

Posted by emydi on 03-26-10 at 09:50 AM
dook sucks..... that is all

too bad about Villanova CT...not..I only wish Bobby Mo had won!

PTTE is lost w/o you

Posted by CTgirl on 03-26-10 at 11:53 AM
Do I dare even hope that next season will be watchable with Simon gone? But I will try to get my act together for the PTTE next year.

Ditto to you regarding Pitt!

Posted by zazzy on 03-26-10 at 11:56 AM
Emydi...them's fightin' words! ;)

Posted by emydi on 03-26-10 at 12:05 PM
but I have a super majority of humanity and this board behind me

Posted by grit on 03-26-10 at 07:58 AM
I finally watched Tuesday night's show last night and can finally comment on this thresd.

I almost never vote for contestants on American Idol. For me, it's just an entertaining show. The results of the show are not a matter of life and death to me. But I do know that teenage girls across America seem to be the bulk of the voters and are very powerful. I'm making my predictions based on that.

My top 4 predictions:

Siobhan: I like Siobhan a lot. Her voice is very good and she's done some interesting things with the songs she's performed. If she can stop the screaming, she has a good chance. I think voters are picking up the phone for her.

Lee: I like Lee a lot as well. Personally, I think he's intentionally holding back. I think he wants to show growth. He needs to show some personality to win more voters. He's got a great voice and voters are responding to that because he performs well.

Aaron: I think Aaron might stand a chance of making top 4 provided he keeps singing well and picks up a teen fan base. Those rabid teenagers can really help out a contestant.

Casey: Casey sings moderately well, plays guitar well, and has women like maroonclown drooling over him. I don't know if that translates into votes but I think we might be surprised to find him in the top 4. I think he is also capable of showing some growth that will keep him around for a while.

The rest:

Crystal is a really good singer but I think she's karaoke. Her voice is fabulous but I don't think she's done anything extra to the songs she's done so far. Also, she's shown almost no personality and seems sullen alot. She seems very uncomfortable with the whole show format.

Unless she changes things up both musically and personally, she could end up not winning. People might not want to pick up the phone and vote for her. There's also the potential backlash with Simon pimping her all the time. We know that voters don't like the judges telling us who the winner should be. On Tuesday, he said that everyone was miserable except one person - Crystal. The voters who like other singers will take that as a challenge to vote even harder for their favorites.

Mike is getting boring and his ego is starting to get too big. I don't see him making top 4.

Andrew is a hot mess. If he can start picking better songs, he might stand a chance. He really does have a great voice but he's making some really bad song choices. Right now, he's looking like toast.

Katie is cute and has a good voice but I don't think she will pick up enough voters. It seems that a good percentage of the voters are teenage girls and they like to vote for teenage boys.

Didi has an interesting voice but I don't think she'll connect with enough voters.

Tim may last a while because the teenage girls think he's cute but I don't see him growing in any way that will allow him to pick up more voters and stick around longer.

I got sliced!

Posted by Glow on 03-26-10 at 08:27 AM
I'm right there with you on Mike. His whole thing is getting old.

Crystal has more talent in her little finger than most people who appear on this show. I think she's just a little lost trying to figure out what to do about that. I don't think she's karaoke.

I'm waiting for Casey to use his voice the way he should. Do you think Johnny Lang would let this show use his music after the insanely early ouster of his sister (who was magnificent) last season? That's what Casey should be doing. I don't find him attractive but that could help.

Posted by mathiascruz on 03-27-10 at 02:00 AM
I don't find Casey attractive either. But Tim and Lee, that's a different story. I wonder why no one addresses Lee in that sense.

Posted by Glow on 03-26-10 at 08:19 AM
"America is getting it right so far this season, that's a positive."

I might be more interested in watching this season if I agreed with that statement. Four of my early favorites didn't even make the "top" 12. Four! I'll be the first to admit that my tastes can tend to veer off the road most traveled onto the road that takes me to my own world. But four? No Tyler Grady. No Alex Lambert. No Lilly whatsherface. No pretty pretty Katelyn. I feel like I landed in bizarro world. I'll take Siobhan, Crystal, Didi, and Lee. I'll settle for Mike, Casey and Aaron. But the rest (who I honestly can't even remember)? No thanks.

Posted by emydi on 03-26-10 at 09:54 AM
I'm sticking with my Should go list in PTTE

4. Michael
3. Siobhan
2. Casey
1. Crystal

"Geekboy's Revision #1"
Posted by geekboy on 04-08-10 at 01:46 PM
As creator of this thread, I reserve the right to change my early predictions as many times as I wish. Here comes the first.

This revision will only change ONE person. I've reversed my opinon on Aaron, and replaced him with one of the biggest movers - Lee

Here is my revised prediction for the Top 4:

Crystal
Siobhan
Casey
Lee

...in no particular order.

geekboy

"RE: Geekboy's Revision #1"
Posted by zazzy on 04-08-10 at 01:57 PM

I wrote this back when you started the thread: "At this point I might switch Casey and Michael around...but I think there will be a lot of judges' love for Michael and /or theme help for Michael over the weeks--look at R&B week next week for one example."

Didn't expect Michael to need the judges' love so soon but there is was last night. I still expect more..theme wise, mentor comment wise, etc.