URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 290
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"lcs 10/13/06"

Posted by joeyb on 06-13-06 at 10:28 PM
Something is terribly wrong, how did this happen to such a great Idea like LCS. Most of the material I thought was really bad, the truely funny people with potential didn't make it and it all seemed so contrived and prepackaged. I believe NBC wants the show to go away, why? it's a good idea. I don't know if i'll tune in again, it's like LCS is the red headed step child that nobody wants. I saw Flip schultz 7 or 8 years ago and he was one of the funniest comics I had seen during that time and tonight his material was weak, not even close to what I remember.Any clues anyone?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: lcs 10/13/06"
Posted by jaded but hooked on 06-13-06 at 10:49 PM
I think my user name says it all - I can't believe I fell for the concept again - I actually was surprised when several really BAADDDD comics made the last 5 (no, 7) places. Stella? She was dreadful .... I think the girl with the lisp was very refreshing with new material ... the very short guy was a rip ... and I've always loved the guy from Best Week Ever (he did the jokes that emphasized the segues). I forget - is this format like Idol, can we vote? But then again, look who the American public picked for Idol...

Posted by Estee on 06-14-06 at 07:51 AM
We get to vote, but if they follow the format of the first two seasons, we don't do it until they get down to the final five.

Posted by gypsygirl on 06-14-06 at 01:46 AM
CONTRIVED! That's the word I was looking for. Unlike some of the comedians from last week's episode, there wasn't a lot of talent to pick from in this crop --- and still NBC managed to overlook most of them! I don't know what their agenda is --- but it's not to find the funniest person out there...

"Locking - duplicate"
Posted by Bebo on 06-14-06 at 09:05 AM
Right now, we've got 4 threads bashing last night's results, so I'm going to lock a couple of them as duplicates to keep the discussion focused and keep posters from repeating themselves. After all, it was bad enough listening to comics using the same jokes again last night.