URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID104
Thread Number: 29
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jan 18 Episode - Who else cried?"

Posted by byoffer on 01-19-07 at 09:10 AM
I'm not to proud to admit that I had tears. That scene when they were saying good-bye to George's dad fogged me right up. I was wondering how they would get out of that. Ending with that would have been tough, but moving straight to humour would have been appropriate. I was a little surprised that Callie didn't walk up to George for a hug, but liked the way they took that scene. Finally a good scene with Christina (dead fathers club).

As much as I enjoyed the rest of last night's show, I am still more than a little upset about Addison - MY Addison - getting all schmoopy with Alex.

So what did you think?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Jan 18 Episode - Who else cried?"
Posted by TanNymph on 01-19-07 at 10:00 AM
I had some tears as well. Being in the club myself, I can really relate.

I enjoyed the show.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 01-19-07 at 10:01 AM
When George freaked because the check was missing....very funny.

I loved to see Bailey be vulnerable, however, she does need to get a little tough again soon. She has a job.

I don't like the Addison story line......too much too soon.

I was afraid when George walked out of his father's room that he would go hug Callie or Izzie, and by doing either one, would have upset the other. I didn't want him to hug Izzie, because I don't want Callie miffed again. Christina was just Christina, dead dad's club. "Sorry you joined".

So Meredith snores, how many episodes does this have to carry on?

Don't get me wrong, I love the show.....

Posted by mrc on 01-19-07 at 10:10 AM
I think Addison's character is staying true to form. She tends to make rash decisions now.

I agree about Meredith. She is so uninteresting.

A Nefarious Dice Creation

Posted by BLefeb1781 on 01-19-07 at 12:00 PM
Well I for one loved the episode and I cried a lot. It had just the right mix of humor and loss. I have to applaud the writers for really portraying what happens when a family has to make such a hard decision. Both my parents were diagnosed with different issues 6 months apart and I've lived what George lived. My father had open heart surgery and post surgery he was on life support for 2 1/2 months. We had those meeting like the O'Malley family because my father's body started to shutdown. We were fortuned however that my dad did make a full recovery but it was a long road. My mother had cancer and it had spread all over. We had no choice but to decide to let her go. That's what makes me love this show. It is well written and it portrays real life.

And on a lighter note (getting down from my soapbox) I really am tired of the whole Mark/Addy thing. He's really hot to look at but there has to be more to him then just the need to get laid. It looks like he could be a really great person if they just give him more to work with.

Is it next Thursday yet?

Posted by Glow on 01-19-07 at 11:32 AM
"MY Addison - getting all schmoopy with Alex."

MY Alex getting all schmoopy with Addison.

(I shouldn't be here. I haven't watched it yet.)

Posted by byoffer on 01-19-07 at 02:29 PM
I don't care if you haven't watched, as long as you help set up the double date!

Glow funny!

Posted by berwyn on 01-19-07 at 04:19 PM
There must be something wrong with me - I like Addison and Alex getting together. That is if you can get past the whole idea of everyone in one workplace sleeping with everyone else and still able to get any work done. Have they had sexual harrassment training yet?

I cried and cried when George's dad was dying. It really took me back to when we terminated my father's life support. That scene felt so real.

The other part that was tough to watch was Meridith and Christina talking on the bunk beds. I wasn't very close to my father and I still almost feel jealous of a friend's grief over the loss of their beloved father. I can only try to imagine that kind of love. Strange, I guess.

Anyway, a good mix of humor and tenderness last night.

Posted by KwietOne on 01-19-07 at 08:56 PM
Raises hand. I'm in the club too. My Dad passed away when I was 21 and my Mom passed away when I was 12. I'm now in my late 30's. It was heart-wrenching to find George having to make that decision to unplug his Dad from life support. I can only imagine the decision made by my Dad to remove my Mom from life support.

I agree. I think the developing story line between Addison and Alex is way too soon. Addison needs to figure out where she stands.

I did find it lighthearted concerning George's bro farting in that very serious moment.

Got Tribe? I did! Are you on the list?
You do know what they say about the quiet ones, right?

Posted by HobbsofMI on 01-20-07 at 03:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-07 AT 03:12 PM (EST)

I did not cry but came very close several times....Mrs. Hobbs was wondering why I had to stop the DVR and go do something....

I could not bring myself to cry and then have her ask why I would cry over a TV show....don't know how to explain that one.

McSteamy would so make a bad dad and I though it was funny he knew Callie knew right away. Addy is so messed in the head it's not funny...and her and Alex....yuck! I hope they kill that story line real quick but they won't.

Meredeth reminds me of Marsha Brady.....it's all about her....yawn!

Baily/Izzy....loved that Izzy gave the money for the op and loved Baily's talk and reason why not to be in on it. I still wonder about Izzy and if she can become a surgeon.

I never had to go through what George went through since my dad passed when I was 5 and I don't remember much about it. I got me chocked up several times to the point the water works were about to get turned on...so as I said...I stopped it for a few minutes and came back. The level of humor and pain was just right and I felt like they all looked to George for the answer. The family finally treated him like a doctor and they respected his decision. The weight on George's heart must have been like the whole world. I hope he bounces back from it.

And Burke finally giving in to Christina after finding out about George's dad.....I thought it was funny that they were doing that....both could not explain why....and I wonder where Mommy was? Why not have here back?

Like others....Is it next Thursday yet?

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

"That was rough"
Posted by moonbaby on 01-20-07 at 10:55 PM
It reminded me too much of what went on in my family about this time last year. So yep I cried.

I am so glad Callie is still around, not some throwaway character. However, I wouldn't mind seeing McSteamy leave the building. It's time for him to go. Stat

Posted by udg on 01-21-07 at 00:21 AM
*sniff* I didn't cry. And my cat wasn't in my lap at the time.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004
At least there were no witnesses, so I can deny everything.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-22-07 at 02:07 AM
I cried and the blog at Grey Matter will make you cry even more. sniff

Posted by CTgirl on 01-22-07 at 08:50 AM
I cried buckets (and my parents are still alive). It was a really well done scene. I liked that George’s brothers looked to him for advice coming around from the awful way they treated him during that first Thanksgiving. I think Isaiah Washington is a great actor and Dr. Burke is a great character, but something was lost from the scene where he was giving George advice. Because of his comments off set, it made the scene seem less authentic. Don’t like the Alex-Addison story line (Alex and Izzy make a better pair and they have unresolved issues that would be more interesting to explore.)

Posted by MKitty on 01-24-07 at 02:07 PM
Oh yeah..totally cried. I also thought for sure that callie would have gone after George..so it did catch me off guard when Christina went over to him when he walked out. But, I think that was a good scene...so I did appreciate it.

I like the Alex/Addison story line...sorry Byoffer..you will just have to suck it up!! LOL... On the other hand, I hate McA$$hat (my name for McSteamy) as his character doesn't really seem to have any redeeming qualities other than he is hot when naked and in a towel...

Should be interesting tomorrow night!

Posted by motormouth on 01-25-07 at 03:43 AM
George and his brothers crying totally made me tear up. Something about seeing men upset gets me everytime. *sigh*

Not sure how I feel yet about Addison and Alex. I'm on board with everyone else about Meredith though. I *want* to like her, but I struggle with it every week.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Sues on 01-29-07 at 10:44 PM
Funny how Meredith is supposed to be the 'lead', yet we all feel the same way.....

I cried like a baby, do that alot with this show. Which is why I wait to watch it online when no one is home....lol. Then I'm depressed for a few minutes that it's over...

I love love love Callie...as to McSteamy, as long as he keeps showing up in a towel, I'll keep looking for him ;)~