URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 2893
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Judge's Save Hold II: This Time, We Know It Doesn't Work."

Posted by Estee on 03-18-10 at 07:19 AM
The original use was pretty much performed just for the sake of using it, wasn't it? Temporarily retain someone who couldn't win and set up the faux drama of a double-elimination for the next week. Sure, that worked out: the doomsday clock just got to freeze on a number for seven days and then everything resumed on schedule with an extra dose of pointlessness added, which always makes network executives feel better about themselves. This time around...

It's pretty easy to pick out the Chosen Ones where the top four are concerned. Most of those aren't in any danger -- yet: there are scenarios which would have a few of them slipping or maxing out their voting pools. And if one of those really went down one week, they might be held over for one more -- but what are the chances of their people really rallying? (We're still waiting to see if that can happen: until then, we don't have a real gauge on will.) Anyone other than those favored few, and the Hold will have to stay on the line until it gets to repeat a prior performance: we need extra faux drama, cue the double exit. And that's likely all it'll do -- again.

*shrug*

At least they already did the mandatory 'vote someone back in' bit.

And the chorus from so many: 'Oh, sure: now.'

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Judge's Save Hold II: This Time, We Know It Doesn't Work."
Posted by Tummy on 03-18-10 at 10:44 AM
The ONLY reason I like this is that the one going home gets to pick what song they leave on and not the song they crapped out on.

Posted by DrKegel on 03-18-10 at 11:38 AM

Estee -

Agree pretty much with you said. Think you did leave out the part where the judges all excitedly conferred during as to whether they were going to use the save ... as if they didn't know already!

Maybe another thread should be started as to what was actually the topic of discussion last night because it wasn't Lacey? Perhaps who they shagged? Where to get the best sushi? Or why Kara returned to squeezing up next to Simon and doing a lap dance?

Tummy -

Agree that them choosing the final song is a much better idea. I'm not arguing with Lacey going, but personally the one song I wouldn't have wanted repeated from Stones' week was Tim's Under My Thumb.

Posted by nailbone on 03-18-10 at 01:48 PM
the judges all excitedly conferred

conferred DURING the song that was supposed to help them decide whether or not to keep her

Posted by zazzy on 03-18-10 at 12:20 PM
Hmmmm. I thought the save was so they could save one of their front runners if they falter ala Chris D in season 5. They have problems with their pimped ones floundering when AI makes them sing early in the show (after usually placing them later in the show, near last or last).

Contestants I think they will use the save on if necessary:

Crystal, Siobhan, Casey, Lee, Michael

Contestants they want to make the tour but no need to save after that:

Paige, Aaron, Katie, Didi

Contestants they are happy to see go home:

Tim, Andrew

I'm not ruling out a faux save like last year--time's running out, so let's use it to boost one of the middling contestants over the other middling contestants (Matt over Anoop).

But I think the save is AI's way of getting close to the F4 it wants.

Posted by nailbone on 03-18-10 at 01:49 PM
Didn't someone dub it the Daughtry Rule?

Posted by zazzy on 03-18-10 at 05:19 PM
Good one!

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 03-20-10 at 11:53 AM
The irony of the Daughtry Rule: There's no way in hell it would have save Daughtry, since he left at F4. The Judges' Save is like the hidden immunity idol - when it's down to 4, it's no good anymore.

Posted by emydi on 04-01-10 at 09:15 AM
ok imagine...

Next week 4/7 Katie goes...then Andrew on 4/14 no way they save these two and of course Tim is in the bottom 2 both weeks!

Then top 7 perform on 4/20 with 4/21 show being Idol gives back...either Tim is saved bc no one goes home on Idol gives back or the judges are forced into using the save because it's lovefest nite!

WOOT!

I love Teflon Timmy

pic from VFTW (or now to be known as Vote For Tim Weekly!)

Posted by Belle Book on 04-01-10 at 09:36 PM
I hope not!

"This week "
Posted by cahaya on 04-07-10 at 11:20 PM
...for once, as it was meant to be played.

With at least three cards in the hand that are more worthless for the bet.

Posted by true on 04-08-10 at 09:28 AM
I hate the judges save. America voted, and the vote should stand. Who cares, Lunch Meat Mike isn't going to win anyway. Gak. Now his peeps will rally and keep him around another week or 2. stoopid, stoopid rule.

I hope this move bites them in the azz, and their other chosen one, Crystal goes home early because of it.