URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 289
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Last Comic Standing A JOKE"

Posted by alphasig on 06-13-06 at 10:00 PM
This weeks episode seemed more about feeling sorry for the comics than picking the best talent.
The pregnant woman was not funny. Also the older woman cryed that she had to suceed because she was old, or the older guy who politically correctly added an older woman.

Last weeks comedians were much funnier than this week... The last two extras to make it were the funnier than all but the first guy. There were much better comedians who did not make it.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Last Comic Standing A JOKE"
Posted by coffeehousemt on 06-13-06 at 10:23 PM
I agree. I am sooo disappointed. I didn't like a single comedian they chose this evening. I used to enjoy this show so much, but it feels so manipulated it just makes me sick.

It seems like they're pushing for a female to win this year. While I would love to see a woman win, if she's not funny, then it is a totally counterproductive to the furtherance of female comedians.

Sigh . . . I really am just crushed. Yeah, drama is great and all, but people watch for the humor first and foremost. Is it so terrible to have a reality show that is funny?

Posted by gypsygirl on 06-14-06 at 01:52 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-15-06 AT 01:21 AM (EST)

Amen! From the red head chick they picked in the beginning -- it's clear that talent wasn't the priority. The only funny female of all the picks tonight was the add-on -- Keys.

I almost wanna boycott the show now for being so fake! Doug Benson got hosed (I'm hoping they knew he had other things lined up), pregnant chick has no material, old lady had old jokes, and what was up w/ the stairmaster farting/puking bit? harhar.

Posted by hmmmmm on 06-14-06 at 02:07 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-14-06 AT 02:09 AM (EST)

I'll admit that the only reason I watch this lame show is because I work for the company that does background music for this show and I like the gratification of hearing my stuff on national television. Too bad this show is not based on who's really funny. I'm still upset about the people who didn't make it from episode #3. I guess I've got to go to Chicago to see a John Roy perfromance. I'm still giddy over his premiere punchline, "Pay me in fireworks!!!!". Hilarious.

Posted by Estee on 06-14-06 at 07:50 AM
That makes two of us he's won over: I'm waiting for him to hit the Mid-Atlantic so I can see his show. Right now, I'd rather pay money to watch him perform than see half the people they cast for free.

The ship had better have the forced drama, because they're not going to have much of the funny.

Posted by bpeak on 06-14-06 at 09:54 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-14-06 AT 09:55 AM (EST)

I completely agree. Doug Benson was by far the funniest comedian out there last night. The pregnant woman was just about the only comic that didn't have one funny thing to say. This is the most manipulated "reality show" I have ever seen and I just watched my last episode. People are watching this to see stand up talent, not a bunch of people that will cause drama in a house. Not to be sexist but if you are actually picking top stand up talent, there might be one female from this group that deserves to be up there.

Thanks for ruining a great TV show idea

Posted by Davis45 on 06-14-06 at 05:21 PM
You so hit the nail on the head. I'm so sick of networks thinking they know what people want to see. This show rocked last year because it was quality stand-up, not because of any reality BS drama from the house. If it aint broke don't fix it geniuses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The females are lame its so clear they are gonna do another male vs. female approach. 6 males 6 females...coincidence?

Posted by freebird55 on 06-14-06 at 01:27 PM
Isn't that the truth! I mean really... the pregnant woman was okay the first time that I saw her but she wasn't funny last night! And you can't just use your age to make someone feel bad for you. That was wrong! I can't believe that they didn't vote for Nikki Payne... she was funny unlike some other people. Forgive me if you don't think the same thing but I liked Nikki the first time she peformed.

Posted by Davis45 on 06-14-06 at 05:23 PM
I truly beleive that with maybe two exceptions, you could take all the comics that were not picked and they are much funnier than everyone selected. I'm so upset that this show has now jumped the shark.

Posted by foomaan on 06-14-06 at 05:23 PM
This show is fixed. Doug Benson and Nikki Payne got robbed. The pregnant lady did material that you can see at an open mic. I can't believe Kathy Griffin would involve herself in such a train wreck. As for Gary Marshall, his comment that Nikki Payne was using her lisping for comedy rather than getting it fixed was insensitive. As for the black guy, I can't remember his name so I will have to find out who he is before I can comment on his fitnes as a judge.

"Of course it's fixed."
Posted by triednottowatch on 06-14-06 at 11:29 PM
You must be new to the show. It's not about finding the funniest comedian, it's about picking a range of demographics and hoping they piss each other off in the mansion/boat/sorority house. I was hoping it would be better this season, but it's actually so much worse.

I was cheesed when they announced the 10 people, but then when they used one of the two extra picks ON STELLA I knew all hope was lost. She will be 5 minutes of poorly delivered NYC jokes every week. There is no way in h#!! anybody in that room thought she was funny.

Something happened last season to almost kill the show; they should have let it die a peaceful death.

Posted by dannic8587 on 06-15-06 at 00:01 AM
I completely agree. I came to the site to see if there was something about how they chose the comics. The ones that made me laugh outloud didnt make it and the ones who didnt make me crack a smile did. I dont think I am even going to keep watching the show, they didnt choose the best comics to compete. I guess the show should be worst comic standing.