URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 287
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Sergio=BS"

Posted by TheChamp on 05-25-05 at 00:15 AM
Peter dominated the fight and all Sergio did was steal rounds at the end. Sergio is terrible thats all he has done the entire show. The ending was a discrace. Peter you won, no doubt about it! As for Sergio be a man and fight and quit running your mouth. This fight showed how much class you have which is none. I hope you burn in hell!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Sergio=BS"
Posted by SportyOne on 05-25-05 at 00:30 AM
Sergio was a huge disappointment. He would get SCHOOLED in a real title fight. Peter was much classier. Actually the entire show was disappointing. Brinkley/Gomez was a better fight.

Posted by happyme on 05-25-05 at 05:29 AM
What you really need to do is stop filing your nails as you try to judge a boxing match. Leaning in "ALL NIGHT" and tying up, and not being able to hit or at least hitting once and receiving four back is "NOT" dominating a fight. Peter on several occasions was dead on his feet, while Sergio looked like he could dance the Samba. You must be a friend of the family or from the East Coast. With those body shots Peter was receiving and grunting from all night, I'm very surprise he didn't go down. For that, Peter did show he deserved to be there. But about him "Winning The Fight", PLEASE!!! And I guess you think O.J is innocent.

Posted by cwualex on 05-25-05 at 00:42 AM
Are you nuts? Sergio DOMINATED, especially in the end. The only thing that I'm amazed about Manfredo was still standing. You are absolutely wrong. You must be a close friend of Peter's.

Posted by TheChamp on 05-25-05 at 00:50 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 00:51 AM (EST)

No friend of Peters. Sergio did nothing but stay on the ropes and take shots and then the last 20 seconds he would fight and STEAL rounds from Peter. I scored fights here in Nashville and those judges were horrible to have it so lop sided. I could see maybe 1 point dif but 4 and 5 pts dif is crazy. Peter should be heading home with a happy million.

Posted by chick on 05-25-05 at 08:50 AM
I may be wrong, but it looked to me like Peter was pushing Sergio into the ropes and almost holding him there.

Posted by Web_Master32 on 05-25-05 at 00:51 AM
Although I wanted Peter to win, I mean realy really wanted him to win, He didn't. Sergio out boxed him in most of the rounds. Sergio was completely comfortable and was striking and landing at will. It was a major disappointment but so was the bout between Jesse and Alfonzo. I mean it was decent for the 5 rounds. But it was highway robbery for Jesse who would have done serious damage to Gomez in a 6th round. I truly hate 5 round bouts now. It shuts down a true fighter who has endurance as one of his strengths. A lot of fighters don't really start scoring until after the 5th and 6th round.

You have to remember, Jesse will somtimes play sluggish to lure his opponent. He's even known to throw what appears to be sloppy punches to make his opponant think he's tired or hurt, but then he unleashes a very strategic and powerful fight changing blow.

Posted by Balkifparugo on 05-25-05 at 01:15 AM
Remember, a lot of the time it looked like Manfredo was winning because he was tying up Sergio and forcing him into the ropes (which was, by all means a good strategy). But he failed to really capitalize on that. He concentrated too much on tying Sergio up and taking away his movement, and forgot to unleash any hard combos.

Posted by Papashroom on 05-25-05 at 01:23 AM
I agree whole heartidly. Just like he scrapped by by winning against ishe.

Posted by Srxc11 on 05-25-05 at 01:28 PM
im with you, i wanted peter, but he got outboxed, plain and simple

Posted by Toughy on 05-25-05 at 01:58 AM
You guys have to be joking, first of all Sergio not only did NOT fight sergio's fight which would have been easier to do points wise, BUT he fought Peter's fight outslugging, outboxing and out thinking him.......don't be biased and step away from the fight you're to close to it and analyze like a judge.
Not trying to compare but as an example didn't Ali fight off the ropes as a tactic to mentally and physically beat people at there game......

more points + cleaner shots + energy + desire = WIN

also BTW watch the last 15 sec and watch peter almost out on his feet!!!!! The truth is in the replay

Posted by cwualex on 05-25-05 at 02:47 AM
Whoever said that Sergio was a pussy for leaning into the ropes, let's recall a fight of a much greater magnitude with Ali taking punches against the ropes to exhaust his opponent. Maybe Sergio didn't have that in mind but he deserved to win that fight 100%. Even the cheap shot by Manfredo after the bell couldn't help him.

Posted by thecontender2 on 05-25-05 at 05:41 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 05:51 AM (EST)

I watched the fight again. It is very hard to judge. It was a good fight.
Don't blame Sergio for the Manfredos corners tactics. That was the plan they decided to use. Why? I have no clue.
Did the Manfredos corner think that Peter could not stand toe to toe with Sergio? Obviously they didnt he could. Cus Manfredo kept leaning forward with his head and body and pushing and trying to tie Mora up. Mora said ok let's do it. I will still beat you.

Sergio has studied Sugar Ray Leonard films. He loves them. That is where he learned how to steal rounds. It wins fights.

If Manfredo could not capitalize in the 5th round where Sergio decides he want's to have a verbal war with Manfredo Sr. And Peter Sucker punches Sergio 3 times before Sergio gets back to taking Manfredo back to school, Peter deserves to lose.

Truth be told.....Watch the fight again. Manfredo was a pubic hair away from getting knocked out. The ref had to carry Peter to the his corner.

Sergio is a better boxer, with more brains and balls than you haters give him credit for.

A new belt is born. A new breed of champion has evolved.
Live with it.

On another note. I wanted Bonsate to beat Ishe. Now should the fact that I wanted Ishe to lose cause me to say that I think Bonsante was a better fighter, and begin to make up excuses change the fact that Ishe out boxed, out hustled out shined out everythinged Bonsante.

Hell no. Ishe won and that is that.

Go watch the fight again. And then come back. Mora spanked Manfredo.

And if you did not see Mora just unleash here and there in between rounds then you are not watching the fight. You are just seeing what you want to see.
Peter ran out of gas in seven. Had it gone 8?
Nite Peter go to sleep.

Mora just wanted it more.

"RE: Sergio=one tough fighter"
Posted by mtopaz on 05-25-05 at 12:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 12:51 PM (EST)

Mora spanked Manfredo.

And if you did not see Mora just unleash here and there in between rounds then you are not watching the fight. You are just seeing what you want to see.
Peter ran out of gas in seven. Had it gone 8?
Nite Peter go to sleep.

I'm not a fight fan, know almost nothing about boxing or what is considered a good fight. But I've been watching The Contender from the beginning of the season to last night's $1 mil fight. And thanks in part to the editing by Mark Burnett, but also to the real heart I see in many of these fighters, I was rooting from early on for both Sergio and Alfonso. I think a lot of these fighters are "underdogs" in that they came up from nothing. But Fonso and Sergio seem to come from especially tough beginnings.

I think Manfredo is a very good fighter too. But I watched and re-watched last night's fight and what I saw was Sergio landing more hard punches, throwing more good combinations, and overall he just plain out-boxed Manfredo. Peter did run out of gas in the 7th round, and he was basically carried over to his corner.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with boxing, but how can you hate a guy who is doing this all so his mom won't have to work at her factory job anymore?

Sig pic by JSlice

Posted by Srxc11 on 05-25-05 at 01:31 PM
id agree, it was a close fight at the beginning, but there was never a round in the first three that was one sided. sergio took advantege of the closeness of rounds by hitting big combos at the end of rounds. dont be angry at sergio for taking advantage of a situation, blame peter for not talking advantage

Posted by Tough Cookie on 05-25-05 at 03:58 PM
Love the sig

Posted by happyme on 05-25-05 at 05:25 AM
What you really need to do is stop filing your nails as you try to judge a boxing match. Leaning in "ALL NIGHT" and tying up, and not being able to hit or at least hitting once and receiving four back is "NOT" dominating a fight. Peter on several occasions was dead on his feet, while Sergio looked like he could dance the Samba. You must be a friend of the family or from the East Coast. With those body shots Peter was receiving and grunting from all night, I'm very surprise he didn't go down. For that, Peter did show he deserved to be there. But about him "Winning The Fight", PLEASE!!! And I guess you think O.J is innocent.

Posted by dump on 05-25-05 at 05:52 AM
I wanted Peter to win but from my point of view Sergio won clearly, Peter spent most of the fight with his head on Sergio's shoulder.

Posted by thecontender2 on 05-25-05 at 05:58 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 05:59 AM (EST)

LOL I love those that think OJ was innocent. The proof is crystal clear. They ignore all evidence and run around saying he is innocent.

OJ spent alot of time on the golf course after the murder. He said he would not stop looking for the killer. Could it of been one of the cadies that killed her? What was the weapon? A golf club? Maybe it was the pool boy. He could of drowned her. lol

Comming soon....

Posted by stephs47 on 05-25-05 at 08:49 AM
I must say that by now everyone knows that ANYTHING that I post is usually about Manfredo. I am a HUGE fan and am very disappointed in the outcome of the fight last night. BUT having said that I am even more disappointed in the way that Sergio spoke to Manfredo Sr. and the his wife. Then after the fight, he wantd to apologize? What the hell is that about? I guess he proved he is a snake....one that slithers around on the ground because he has NO backbone to stand like the rest of us.

p.s. I think that Peter is that only one (with the exception of Alfonso), that didn't back stab anyone on the show or act like a raving lunatic during some point and time!

GO MANFREDO......still a huge fan!!!!!

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 05-25-05 at 08:56 AM
Another who wanted Peter to win but knew Sergio won.

And I think Peter fought a great fight. By tying up Sergio he wanted to take away Sergio quickness, but MAN was Sergio in shape. Sergio fought an awesome fight! He was the clear winner.

Posted by thecontender2 on 05-25-05 at 12:26 PM
stephs47? You sure did miss alot of the fight. Or you only seen what you wanted to see. Watch the fight again. but this time put the chips down.
Did you see how Peter sucker punched Mora? What do you call that? The bell rang and Sergio was ready to go to his corner and POW! Sergio gets hit hard. That was enough to knock some one out.
And then Peter was trying to apologize? Give me a break!
It was obvious that the Manfredos were talking trash to Sergio from the begining. Sergio looked over to the Manfredo corner in round 1. One minute 30 seconds of round one, Segio looked over and then again 17 seconds before the bell rang, again something the Manfredos were saying made Sergio look.
I know that Manfredo Sr. has a potty mouth. I am sure that what ever the old jerk was saying was nothing nice.
I liked the fact that Sergio told them off in the 5th.
I did not like the fact that Sergio let himself get distracted by the old turd. This caused Sergio to drop his guard and Peter sucker punched him 3 times. LOL
Peter could not even faze Sergio with Sergios hands down and looking the other way.
Where is the power of Peter? Against Sergio he had none!
That is how much more superior of an athlete Sergio is.
I think Sergio should of never apologized to the Manfredos. They are a bunch of cheating desperate sore loosers!

That just goes to show you how much class Sergio really has.

Peter is dirty! He is headbutting cheater.
The instructions of his corner were to wrap up Sergio and sucker punch and work the body.
Sergio out boxed Peter. Nothing Peter did worked.
Nothing!

Posted by Srxc11 on 05-25-05 at 01:33 PM
who did sergio stab in the back??

sergio got caught in the heat of the moment and then apologized after the fight. i see absolutly noting wrong with that

Posted by Babymunchkin on 05-25-05 at 10:42 AM
I TOTALLY disagree with you! Sergio was the one holding Peter's arms all night, and then throwing cheap shots while he was holding him! Sergio was the one who kept tying up and resting and holding Peter back. Sure, Sergio had a few good shots, but he's not a REAL fighter -- we never really got to see him fight since he was too busy holding Peter all night! By the way, after taxes and buy a house, he really isn't going to be able to support his mother for the rest of her life! That was a big, sad sob story so everyone could feel sorry for him!

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 05-25-05 at 12:02 PM
Oh, COME ON!

The reason Sergio grabbed Peter was because Peter kept pushing him into the ropes. Sergio had no where to go.

Did you watch the Undercards? They think there was holding here...go out there and watch these.

Sergio won hands down and I am a Peter fan.

Posted by jezebelsriot on 05-25-05 at 03:35 PM
You have got to be kidding me? Which fight were you watching? I'm pretty sure when Manfredo's arms were wrapped around Mora's that meant Manfredo was doing the holding. Halfway through the fight it wasn't even holding anymore, Mora was holding him up because Manfredo ran out of steam. You can disagree with the decision, dislike Mora for a few foul words you couldn't even hear but how can you take away a clearly superior boxer's victory because you are a Manfredo fan? You may not like the decision, but watch the fight again and you'll understand that Mora plain and simple outboxed Manfredo.

Posted by Tough Cookie on 05-25-05 at 03:53 PM
...a sob story?

so does that mean Bonasante wanting the million so he could spend more time with his kids and not have to work as much at all was just a sad story?

Manfredo wanting it for his family and every other contender who wanted that million dollars so him and his family could like a better life was a sob story?

Why would he bother to concot a sob story if he's there to win, sympathy to him wouldn't mean anything because he's in the finals on his own merits.

Posted by zombie29 on 05-25-05 at 09:00 AM
I wanted Manfredo to win but he fought the wrong fight. He wasted more energy holding Sergio against the ropes. Sergio rested on the ropes and hit Manfredo when he saw the opportunity, especially with the flurries that impressed the judges. I'm sorry but Sergio was the better fighter last night.

Because the board was locked..I'm responding here to the comment that said..."Ishe was maybe the best fighter coming in and still may be the best fighter in this entire Contender show. Ishe would have floored Sergio if the fight had been even a 7 rounder."

Time will tell how good Ishe is but I don't think he's that good especially not the best figher coming. If he was, he would of been in the final four. I don't think he could take any of the fighters in the final four. Time will tell.

Posted by AlgeCrumpler on 05-25-05 at 10:36 AM
Ishe was better than any of the final 4 except possibly Sergio. Don't forget, Ishe lost by split decision in a fight that could've been called either way to The Snake himself. Neither Jessee or Manfredo came anywhere close to beating Sergio.

Ishe, on the other hand, almost knocked Sergio out in the 5th round and fought him hard the whole way. Tommy Gallagher said that Sergio could not have come back out for a round 6. Also, Ishe totally smoked Anthony yesterday -- it was not even close. Jessee on the other hand would've lost to Anthony were it not for 1 lucky punch in the final 30 sec of the fight.

Add to that Ishe has already beaten Alfonso before coming on the contender, and you can make a pretty strong case that Ishe is the best fighter going in, and the best fighter going out.

Posted by zombie29 on 05-25-05 at 01:00 PM
Ok, so Ishe beat Alfonso but he did it back in June of 2001. They both were younger and less experienced (and Gomez was 19). It would be a much different fight now. Also, who cares if he smoked Anthony...he has good boxing skills so he should. Time will tell for Ishe, I just don't think he's the best going out. Mabye down the road he will get a rematch with Sergio to prove himself.

Posted by Babymunchkin on 05-25-05 at 10:39 AM
>Peter dominated the fight and all Sergio did was steal rounds
>at the end. .. This fight showed how much class you have which is none!!

I totally agree -- Peter Manfredo won the match. Sergio was constantly holding Peter's arms down, and then giving him cheap shots! How could the referee and the judges not see it!!! Peter Manfredo is the winner (of the Match and The Class!) And by the way, after taxes, Mora is only taking home a little over $600,000 -- How is his mother supposed to live the rest of her life on that after buying a house???? I was so sick of hearing about Sergio's sob story of him not wanting his mother to work anymore! Get over it... almost everyone works for what they get -- it's LIFE!!!!

Posted by urban on 05-25-05 at 11:32 AM
Peter lost, hey I wanted him to win too but he spent the whole fight resting on Sergio. He wasn't punching most of the time he would spend 10-15 seconds just digging his head in and clutching and grabbing. Whoever gave peter advice to fight like that was a fool because it played to sergios height advantage and he got bigger clearer shots on peters head most of the fight.

I don't think sergio is good fighter at all but the way peter fought him he deserved to lose and lost.

Btw I thought Peter lost his final four fight, that other spanish dude would probably have knocked down sergio

Posted by TroyGun25 on 05-25-05 at 12:28 PM
I can understand that you wanted Manfredo to win but to say that Sergio didn't beat his @$$ is ridiculous. From about the middle of the sixth round on Manfredo couldn't punch, he had nothing left in his tank and Sergio pounded him. Watch the 7th round again, my two year old daughter can hit harder than the punches Manfredo was throwing. I wanted Sergio to win but before the fight I felt Manfredo was the better fighter, and in the end Manfredo may be holding more belts than Sergio, but Tuesday night it was all the Latin Snake.

I do think Sergio made himself look like a punk when he was jawing at Manfredo's corner and to his wife, that was pretty classless. And I'm sorry, but I could live quite a while on 600 Gs. Be smart and invest!

"600K, Mama and his Girl"
Posted by madkata on 05-25-05 at 04:06 PM
> Be smart and invest!

Sergio's a smart guy -- that windfall of $600K will do him and his family good.

Just noticed how his Mama got EVERYTHING last night -- dedication, hugs, kisses, everything -- while girlfriend got, uh nuthin'.

Does that mean he's in the market? LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

"RE: 600K, Mama and his Girl"
Posted by Mitchie on 06-09-05 at 04:59 AM
Um hello the whole show was about his mom. Did you ever think the whole series was for show? Sergio's story centered around his mom. He was fighting so that his mom would not have to work anymore. If you ask me I think it was pretty classy/ strong of her to sit back and let him prasie his mom pay respects to his mom. COuld you do that for your man? If you watched more closely, yu'll notice that his girlfrined was always in the picture, at the fights and she is not his wife nor do they have children. Every other girl there was a wife or mother of the boxer's kids. I think it is pretty apparrent that Sergio's girlfrined was there for a reason. HE WANTED HER THERE. Stop hating. She is the one who is going to reap any benefits from his winnings not you chica.

Posted by mtopaz on 05-25-05 at 01:00 PM
Mora is only taking home a little over $600,000 -- How is his mother supposed to live the rest of her life on that after buying a house???? I was so sick of hearing about Sergio's sob story of him not wanting his mother to work anymore! Get over it... almost everyone works for what they get -- it's LIFE!!!!

Yes, and it's apparent that Sergio's mom has worked her a$$ off all her life to support herself and her sons. So Sergio wants his mom to be able to take it easy -- I see nothing wrong with that. I think if Sergio is smart (and he seems to be), he'll invest some of that money wisely and use the income to help pay the bills, and buy a modest home for his mom.

Sig pic by JSlice

Posted by Babymunchkin on 05-25-05 at 03:12 PM
REALLY? I didn't think it was apparent at all. She looked like a normal every day mom to me and probably worked just as much as most working moms. I guess since he has 2 trucks now, he really can invest and possible make some money, but I still think he lived up to his name of being a snake.

Posted by mtopaz on 05-25-05 at 04:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 04:04 PM (EST)

Here's what I base my assessment on, which has not been proven anything but true to my knowledge: Sergio and his brother have been raised by their single mom, I think for most of their lives. She works in a factory in Los Angeles, hard physical work, per Sergio's own statements. She has to take the bus to work every day.

I don't personally know what factory workers earn, but I'm guessing it's not very much. I'm also pretty sure it's rather demanding, physical work.

As to your statement, "worked just as much as most working moms." Most of the moms, single or otherwise, that I know (myself included) - work their butts off to provide for their kids. Any one of my single mom friends would certainly be deserving of never having to work again in their life, and if that came about because their child loved them and was able to provide for them - fantastic. I'm not sure why it irritates you so much to hear Sergio say he wanted the money so he could provide for his mom and brother, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Sig pic by JSlice

Posted by Srxc11 on 05-25-05 at 01:35 PM
your just plain wrong, sergio won, manfredo did not dominate one round...not one

Posted by Babymunchkin on 05-25-05 at 03:15 PM
Oh, but I think he did! I think Manfredo dominated at least the first 2 rounds. He did enough to open Sergio's eye, and I truly think that Sergio held Manfredo's arms so much that even a child could have won.

Posted by Srxc11 on 05-25-05 at 07:28 PM
totally wrong, you really have to watch the fight again, manfredo was trying to hold sergio, it was his plan to win the fight, and sergio still took him to school. manfredo did not dominate one round, and if you think that he did, you probably dont have much experience judging boxing

Posted by fashionkrazy on 05-25-05 at 07:43 PM
Babymunchkin, please watch the fight again...Peter was the one holding Sergio...How can you argue that it's the other way around? If Sergio was holding Peter, shouldn't Peter be the one against the ropes?

Posted by thecontender2 on 05-25-05 at 04:40 PM
>>Peter dominated the fight and all Sergio did was steal rounds
>>at the end. .. This fight showed how much class you have which is none!!
>
>I totally agree -- Peter Manfredo
>won the match. Sergio
>was constantly holding Peter's arms
>down, and then giving him
>cheap shots! How could
>the referee and the judges
>not see it!!! Peter
>Manfredo is the winner (of
>the Match and The Class!)
> And by the way,
>after taxes, Mora is only
>taking home a little over
>$600,000 -- How is his
>mother supposed to live the
>rest of her life on
>that after buying a house????
>I was so sick of
>hearing about Sergio's sob story
>of him not wanting his
>mother to work anymore!
>Get over it... almost everyone
>works for what they get
>-- it's LIFE!!!!

I have watched the fight 7 times and each time I say ok Peter should win it this time but everytime I watch the fight Sergio Mora wins.

Watch the fight again. Listen to Peter Manfredos dad tell Peter going into round two.
Keep doing what you are doing. Hold him and then work the body and with left try and punch over hand. That was the Manfredo strategy to hold Sergio. Blame the Manfredos.

Hey Sergio is not done he will be a millionaire yet. Endorsements and a few more fights. He will be handing his mom yet a bigger house with a maid.

hehehehheheee

If Peter won the fight why did they have to carry him to his corner? Joe Cortez had to pretty much call a cab. And did you see how Peter had no gas. My grandmother could of punched with more speed and power in the final round.
Peter was spent. and not to mention he was going down.
He got saved by the bell.
Sergio should of sucker punched him after the bell rang like Peter did to Sergio at the end of round 2.

Peter would of went PLOP! LOL

Posted by Bubless on 05-25-05 at 12:06 PM
I am a huge Manfredo fan I am so upset he lost!!!!!!

Posted by renoguy on 05-25-05 at 12:27 PM
I thought Sergio clearly won that match over Peter.

You've got to give Sergio his due. One interesting thing I found is that if you look at the last five guys he's fought, they had a combined record of 88-3 at the time he fought them. And Sergio is still unbeaten.

Posted by eeler1 on 05-25-05 at 03:16 PM
I'm with you renoguy. Most of the rounds were very close, and the few that weren't should have gone to Mora. While I was surprised by the judges margins, after reviewing the fight, I can see where it could happen if you give the close ones to Mora as well as the ones he dominated.

I think Manfredo Jr. needs to seriously consider getting a different trainer and manager. After 15 years, how much more can he learn from his dad? And sometimes, a person will listen more openly to a stranger than to family. There may be some examples of champions being trained by thier father, but none come to mind right now other than Felix Trinidad, and look how that ended to Winky Wright.

"Time to leave Pops"
Posted by madkata on 05-25-05 at 04:10 PM
>I think Manfredo Jr. needs to
>seriously consider getting a different
>trainer and manager. After
>15 years, how much more
>can he learn from his
>dad? And sometimes, a
>person will listen more openly
>to a stranger than to
>family. There may be
>some examples of champions being
>trained by thier father, but
>none come to mind right
>now other than Felix Trinidad,
>and look how that ended
>to Winky Wright.

I so agree -- Peter really needs to fight his own fights now, like Alfonso did (left his Dad), and Sergio owns his own fighting, free and clear. Probably be doing a little losing for awhile, but at least he'll develop his own mind/style/strategy/life.