URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 2868
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"AI9 Top Ten Girls Performance Show ECST"

Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 07:27 PM
Will she or won't she, or are the producers saying they don't know even at this late moment so people will tune in to see.

Keep all discussion of health drama, performances, judginess and other what not on this thread and this thread only until after the show has aired on the West Coast.

No signature pics or other graphics (other than emoticons )

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: AI9 Top Ten Girls Performance Show ECST"
Posted by Estee on 03-03-10 at 07:41 PM
she's singing in the bed
just singing in the bed
what a horrible feeling
she's
out of her head

I just hope this doesn't result in an auto-cut -- illness counts as circumstances beyond her control, and removing her from competition for something she can't help is about as low as the blows get.

Which makes it the producers' first and only resort.

Posted by zazzy on 03-03-10 at 07:57 PM
MJ's says she is performing.

And if last night's recorded answers to votes are correct, she is supposed to sing first.

(People reported getting "thanks" messages for the girls names and not the guys names last night. So someone voting for Michael got a "thanks for voting for Crystal" message.

I'll see if I can find the singing order. IIRC, Siobhan has the pimp spot.

Posted by zazzy on 03-03-10 at 08:00 PM
According to idolforums, the singing order is:

1 Crystal
2 Haeley
3 Lacey
4 Katie
5 Didi
6 Michelle
7 Lilly
8 Katelyn
9 Paige
PIMP Siobhan

"Intro"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 08:00 PM
Ryan alone.

Tonight the girls answer back. This is American Idol

"RE: Intro"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 08:04 PM
I count 10 girls.

Crystal stops to interview with Ryan.

Get set will will hear from her in just a minute.

Judges.

Randy. You started on your feet. Rate the guys. Guys had fire in their eyes. Hope the girls show up like that.

E. Mr. Seacrest. Song choice is everything.

Kara. Cozying up to Simon. She thinks he has been cozying up to her and not rolling his eyes as much.

Ryan This is uncomfortable.

Simon. Have to throw the nerves away. Deal with the pressure. Forget things not a great place to be.

"Drink of the night"
Posted by whimsey on 03-03-10 at 09:16 PM
Drink of the night
Chardonnay

snack of the night

grilled salmon with lemon and dill, steamed asparagus and carrots

"RE: Drink of the night"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 10:02 PM
At least my virtual dinner was healthy.

Posted by zazzy on 03-03-10 at 08:02 PM
Wonder if Ryan and Randy will jump ship and go to Simon's new show?

Posted by zazzy on 03-03-10 at 08:03 PM
Crystal looks good.

Also the judges are in the same order as last night. Wonder if they'll just go down the line in comments again tonight instead of rotating who gives comments first or last.

"Crystal Bowersox"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 08:05 PM
Has a square twin brother Carl. Has a dragonfly purselet and hse performs with it.

She used to perform on the subway.

As Long As I Can See The Light--Creedence Clearwater Revival

"RE: Crystal Bowersox"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 08:10 PM
Slow Gospel version.
Has back up singers. We get to see them singing.

Randy. I gotta say this, truth is reality. You are the truth you do what you do. Your not trying to be anybody else. I love that girl.

E. that is pure raw natural talent. Nothing forced or push. I was so scared for you. Stay healthy we need you here.

Kara. You recovered from last week. This is who you are. Americana rock. Effortless and focused like the greats. Hit s new level.

Simon. I know how sick you were. I didn't know you were going to be back. Didn't play the sympathy thing. I Misunderestimated you. This is the moment we noticed Kelly Clarkson and I think we have a serious artist here.

"RE: Crystal Bowersox"
Posted by zazzy on 03-03-10 at 08:15 PM
Hmmmm ..the season is pinned on her and they knew before tonight that she was talented.

All of Simon's remarks were strategic--

--America, know that she was really ill
--America, know that she is as special to us as Kelly C

Well, I hope she stays in. And that she helps elevate the others, too.

"Haeley Vaughn"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 08:16 PM
Itunes pimpage. Getting a bit of an interview. Miley, really? *whimpers*

I like to make headbands. She only has a smile face.

The Climb--Miley Cyrus

"RE: Haeley Vaughn"
Posted by arkiegrl on 03-03-10 at 08:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-10 AT 08:20 PM (EST)

Is it just me, or can this girl just NOT sing? I think she's horrible.

Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 08:22 PM
There was a bit in the first verse that wasn't bad, but I think she just can't keep control of it. So I think there is a voice there, but she is one of the OMG 16 that really needed to finish school, maybe study voice in college for a year or two and then try out.

Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 08:21 PM
You know usually they do OK on the chorus and not the verse. Haeley managed to do that the other way around. Oh she isn't doing well on the second verse.

Aaaaaaooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Poor dogs are howling on that glory note.

Randy. You want me to keep it real? It didn't work for me. Tough. Excruciating. You can sing, but it was so pitchy and so not right for you. No connection to the song.

E. Don't ever stop smiling. Great smile and adorable. I didn't feel you connected to the song. It was like you memorized it with no feeling. Excited to hear it, but it didn't work out.

Kara. You have people rooting for you. People like you. You are open we get a sense of who you are. You need about a year of strengthening your instrument it needs to be worked. I do think people will root for you. (VFTW is)

Simon. I agree, don't want to make this worse. It was a complete and utter mess. It should have worked. Cute young girl, cute young song. Irony singing about climbing and you fell off.

Ryan asks how that didn't make it worse.

"Lacey Brown"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 08:28 PM
Interview on the couch. Felt bad for the boys.

She really likes going antiquing. Refurbishes them. She gives herself a pep talk "made to do this".

Kiss Me--Sixpence None The Richer.

"RE: Lacey Brown"
Posted by arkiegrl on 03-03-10 at 08:31 PM
Blech.

"RE: Lacey Brown"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 08:32 PM
Starts a bit slow, then goes uptempo.

The cutesy thing seems a bit affected to me.

Randy. Kara interesting choice. I think it was a good song choice and would have worked. I was looking for the words to flash across the screen. You didn't do anything special with it.

E. Didn't change it up, but it was adorable. Sounded like it was the right song. You are an up person. Adorable.

Kara. I felt we were losing what was special last week. This song brought that tone back to the audience. I have to say you have to step it up from here. Did do somethings with the song, but we are back in the game.

Simon. I think it was marginally better that last week. Like you are taking part rather than showcasing yourself as an artist. Compare that to Crystal there is a massive difference. Bounce and sing a nice song but we won't remember it.

"Katie Stevens"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 08:40 PM
Also getting an interview on the couch.

She makes it snow in CT.

Can say give me a kiss in six languages.
She just embarrassed herself.
Jumps up and down before performing. Like the bad audition chick did.

Put Your Records On--Corinne Bailey Rae

"RE: Katie Stevens"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 08:45 PM
Why is she wearing a maternity top? Add the bouncing like she needs to pee and she really looks like she should be on Pregnant and 16, not AI.

Randy. There was some bright moments. Upper register good. It is another confidence thing. Can take songs that are more difficult melodically. Sweet spot kinda cool.

E. Great voice. I liked it. I can't believe you are 17. It still feels I want to see you younger. Not singing something right for your age.

Kara. So frustrated. I see so much. I know it is confusing. At the end you started opening up, you gotta be doing that pulling us in with your open mouth. Some songs are great on the radio but not enough impact. Still waiting for that moment.

Simon. You did take on notes and did try to make yourself younger. You are not telling us this is the kind of artist I will be. I think you will stay around for another week, but that wasn't a winning performance.

"Didi Benami"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 08:52 PM
Watching you watching the guys. You were watching the body language of the judges. It's just like you know.

She was a mascot in middle school. Eventually made the cheer squad. She prays and meows before singing.

Lean on Me--Bill Withers

"RE: Didi Benami"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 08:57 PM
Guy playing bass we can see from some camera angles.

meh.

Randy. Listen man, laughs. I would just not have chosen a deep rooted soul song for you. Shows what you can't do.

E. I love your voice. You have a great this and that. I wish it had been a different song by Bill Withers. I don't know that it was the greatest song choice.

Kara. It really wasn't good. I don't know what you mean by different. I am missing consistency. Felt like a karaoke bar. Lost the uniqueness of your voice. Wasn't good. Still a fan.

Simon. Kept the cat theme. Screeching. Bad Choice of Song. It is frustrating. You get this fantastic opportunity. Cool artist but did something generic.

Posted by whimsey on 03-03-10 at 09:19 PM
I flinched when she said her song choice. Yikes!

Posted by niteowl0205 on 03-03-10 at 10:15 PM
I think she deserves to be saved. But may not get a chance now....
what a mess that was.

"Everyone passed out?"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 09:01 PM
Held your breath too long waiting to see if Crystal sang?

Hello! Is this thing on....on....on...on

"Michelle Delamor"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 09:03 PM
What, every girl gets an interview tonight?

Find the balance between working the criticism and staying true.

Work with kids. Prays before each show and meditates.

With Arms Wide Open--Creed

"RE: Michelle Delamor"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 09:08 PM
Mic on a stand to start. Has gloves that are basically just the fingers???

Is it me or is she singing that a lot like a dirge?

Randy. She is making faces. She says it felt good. A few pitch problems. Most positive. The outfit is hot, dope. He thinks he is a broken record. Didn't do enough with it. Fell flat.

E. Look fabulous. Did do a lot for a few moments forgot it was a rock song. Appreciated that. Some pitch problems. I like you tried to do something different. Almost worked.

Kara. My favorite performance of yours ever. It may have not been technically perfect. Felt believable. And have a good attitude and you are trying. Someone who did something very different, but you believed in it and I bought it.

Simon. Kinda with Kara on this. First half was stronger than the second half. To be fair we give a lot of contradictory advice. You didn't take a safe song and got it 80% right.

Posted by arkiegrl on 03-03-10 at 09:10 PM
I have to disagree with Randy. HATED the outfit.

Posted by whimsey on 03-03-10 at 09:30 PM
Too happy, soft. Not hard enough, not entertaining.

Posted by arkiegrl on 03-03-10 at 09:08 PM
Kara truly annoys me.

That is all.

"Lilly Scott"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 09:15 PM
Talking to another one on the couch. will try to open her eye.

Plays lots of instruments. Uses a throat spray before going on stage.

A Change Is Gonna Come--Sam Cooke

"RE: Lilly Scott"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 09:19 PM
Playing 12 string guitar.

Randy. It is the season of the unique contestants. I love about you. You do your thing. That is a tough song to sing. You worked it out. My favorite performance of the night.

E. You have got "it". I forgot we were in a competition. Just a fan in a seat. By far the best performance.

Kara. Had your first moment in this competition. I was riveted. You are a mismatch for the competition and thank gawd you tried out. Good job girl.

Simon. This makes the point. How you become relevant how you use the show as a showcase. It was good. I thought you over sang. I thought Crystal was stronger than you. It was still great.

Posted by niteowl0205 on 03-03-10 at 09:24 PM
was it just me or did i hear Macy Gray in there somewhere?

Posted by whimsey on 03-03-10 at 09:33 PM
I liked it.

Posted by kingfish on 03-03-10 at 09:29 PM
I missed Crystal, so can't compare the two.

But from the first Sam Cooke lyric delivery note, Lilly had me. Wow.

I liked her "hole in the wall" last week better, but that was almost transcendent. This was just very very good.

I’ve been in and out (Hey, “Thunderbolt and Lightfoot” is on the other channel) but so far only Katie seemed to do well. I disagree with the “too young to do this songs” comments, I’m beginning to like her doing them.

"Katelyn Epperly"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 09:27 PM
Studying to be a recording engineer. How to mix things.

Likes to goof off before she performs.

The Scientist--Coldplay

"RE: Katelyn Epperly"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 09:32 PM
Playing piano.

I liked that.

Randy. I really liked it. Way slow, but I liked it. Amazing song. Nice to hear you play the piano. Fell off pitch at the end. not OTT but I liked it.

E. Liked that you were playing guitar, piano. I felt kind of asleep. It was so slow. Way too slow. People can't vote if they are asleep.

Kara. I kind of love you. You have an incredible instrument you can do a lot of things with it. You are all over the place. But you are seriously good. Figure out who you are, quick.

Simon. Natasha Bedingfield version. Identical. It made you contemporary. Become corny when you perform. A million times better than last week.

"RE: Katelyn Epperly"
Posted by whimsey on 03-03-10 at 09:38 PM
That was a bit slow, but I still liked it. She is growing on me.

"Paige Miles"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 09:38 PM
She likes to color with crayons and markers. Uses the markers so she won't color outside the lines.

Walk Away--Kelly Clarkson

"RE: Paige Miles"
Posted by whimsey on 03-03-10 at 09:41 PM
I always think she's a 16 year old when I see her. She's a contender, I suppose.

"RE: Paige Miles"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 09:43 PM
Not liking her on this that much.

Oooh did not like that high note near the end.

Randy. Do you know who wrote that song. Kara? you love being a rocker girl. I liked it wasn't OTT in love with it. So many words. Big Voice, for Kelly it worked, you have one of the best voice with big notes and long notes.

E. Disagree. Loved it thought it was fantastic. I love that song, risky to change it up. Just enough to make it yours. You had fun. Did great.

Kara. I could see you having a hit with that. Here is the thing. We want her to smile and have fun. If you knew the guy I wrote that song about, you wouldn't have been smiling. Missed the connection with the anger. Did have some moments that were off. I liked it.

Simon. Failed to chose the right song for you. Getting lost in the songs. You have such a strong voice, making bad decisions. Nail the song and put the mark down. It was forgettable.

"Siobhan Magnus"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 09:50 PM
Need to sing my heart out and not over think.

About a year and 1/2 ago I had a mohawk. Does lip drills before the show.

Think--Aretha Franklin

"RE: Siobhan Magnus"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 09:54 PM
That was fun.

Randy. Pick the dopest. So bold and so fearless. You slayed it. She's going for it. I loved it.

E. Most people would say don't take on such a big song. Man that was good, yes.

Kara. I can't get over that note. I don't know how you do that. She says she figured it out in the shower singing Kelly, maybe 2-3 years ago.

Simon. You are such a strange person. It made you interesting (film) parts were terrible, but that note was incredible. You are interesting and talented.

"RE: Siobhan Magnus"
Posted by whimsey on 03-03-10 at 09:55 PM
I didn't really like it. But I like her, so there you have it.

"What? It ended EARLY!!!"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 09:58 PM
What the heck. Can't believe it.

Judges having to kill time to finish up the show.

"RE: What? It ended EARLY!!!"
Posted by niteowl0205 on 03-03-10 at 10:00 PM
they had more time to pimp Crystal. they're making me unlike her.

Posted by zazzy on 03-03-10 at 10:04 PM
Wow, triple pimp for Crystal! First, after her song; next, after Lilly's song; and then at the end!

Seems a little early for a triple pimp, but Simon didn't want to leave her outcome to chance...that people may have forgotten her by the end of the show.

Posted by CTgirl on 03-03-10 at 10:22 PM
Yes, but I agree with niteowl, it was too much. If they keep it up, it could backfire. It wasn't even necessary - you couldn't tell she'd been sick.

"Thanks, snidge"
Posted by whimsey on 03-03-10 at 10:02 PM
You rock, and then you roll!

"Early Dial Idol Numbers"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-10 at 10:22 PM
10.9 Crystal
6.5 Haeley
4.5 Siobhan
3.5 Katie
2.3 Katelyn
2.1 Michelle
1.7 Didi
1.3 Paige
0.4 Lacy
0.1 Lilly

"RE: Early Dial Idol Numbers"
Posted by DrKegel on 03-03-10 at 11:40 PM

0.1 Lilly
unquote

Is that 0.1 as in no one's voting for her?

Oh, gosh ... thought she was rather good. Liked her ever since her audition.

"RE: Early Dial Idol Numbers"
Posted by Snidget on 03-04-10 at 07:22 AM
Dial Idol score is based on the % Busy signal. They have a lot of phone capacity so you can have a lot of DI voters voting for someone, but they don't happen to be getting busy signals.

She actually had a lot of DI people voting for her. Early on there can be a lot of excess phone capacity so DI has a hard time just on busy % converted to DialIdol Score alone predicting much other than which are the 2-3 people who are front runners.