URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 286
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Janae??? Why are you still here?"

Posted by missygirl3 on 03-04-05 at 09:51 AM
Can someone that voted for her or not,Please explain to me or make me feel better as to why she is still in the competition? She is so bad and all the faces she makes.Are you kidding??

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Janae??? Why are you still here?"
Posted by Ricky on 03-04-05 at 11:17 AM
She's young and inexperienced. Give her one more chance please.

Posted by TeamJoisey on 03-05-05 at 09:44 PM

Celena and Aloha were clearly better. Why not give them that "one more chance" that Janay hasn't earned?

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Posted by aquariaqueen on 03-04-05 at 04:50 PM
Oh keep her in until we're down to the final 12, then I know I won't be booted out first!!!!!

Posted by seahorse on 03-07-05 at 08:10 AM
She probably has a young fan base like John Stevens did last year who are voting in droves.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by nailbone on 03-07-05 at 11:31 AM
And of course the producers see those droves translating into CD dollars eventually, so they'll never change to voting format to correct stuff like this.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Posted by aquariaqueen on 03-07-05 at 11:52 AM
Seahorse and Nailbone...........I think you hit the nail on the head. The youth is so used to sub-standard values, it's all about the buck!!! And they've got plenty of them to spend.

Posted by seahorse on 03-08-05 at 12:51 PM
That is why the producers do not mind seeing her around. She help with the youngster ratings.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Livestrong4ever on 03-08-05 at 11:49 AM
Missygirl3, I'm am totally with you.
You didn't get alot of responses to why people think she is still in the competition, and the ones that did respond with a theory said its because she's young. Not one person came out and said that she is a good singer or has a cute personality or anything of that sort.
We'll see what happens tonight, but I cannot imagine two of the others girls leaving and her staying!

Posted by Fishercat on 03-08-05 at 03:11 PM
I personally did not vote for her, but I can see the group that would in teenagers, a very powerful voting bloc.

As a couple people have mentioned, she is very young. Her and Mikalah are the two youngest competitors in this competition at 17 years old, and younger singers seem to have a noticeable advantage in the competition, as they have done well. Still depends on if you can sing, if you can't, you're out, but she has enough talent to get the vote.

However, she may have survived last week since she chose a great song for her voting bloc. She not only chose an upbeat song (which I still feel can be a major advantage early in the competition if you have a middle-of-the-pack performance), but she chose a modern song that was a hit on pop radio for a while. The CD holding her song on it was released in July 2001, which in comparison to a lot of other songs, is incredibly recent. People who listen to pop radio may remember the tune (as did I), and if they liked the song (which I didn't), that could be a drive to voting.

I'm just trying to figure it out.

Posted by seahorse on 03-09-05 at 00:10 AM
She's gone now unless her fan base is huge.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by newsomewayne on 03-09-05 at 08:23 AM
I concur. Her performance last night was just horrible. If I didn't know better, I would have sworn I was watching a 12 year old singing in the talent portion of the local county fair beuty pagent. I would also swear she was losing that competition as well.

Proud member of DNRC.
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.

Posted by Tifany on 03-09-05 at 08:59 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-05 AT 08:59 AM (EST)

I absolutely agree with you. Why is she still in the competition? Simon said it perfectly when he told her she looks programmed and scared to death on stage. I believe that if she isnt voted off tonight when they decide the top 12 then it has to be an act of God

Posted by mrc on 03-09-05 at 09:25 AM
An act of God

I think you mean the act of another supernatural being, don't you?

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
If she advances, it does prove that Landru is in complete control.

Posted by Rockytop Chick on 03-09-05 at 09:45 AM
I'd say there are a whole lot of 14 year old boys out there who think she's cute and are wearing out their dialing fingers. No one could possibly think she's a better singer than any of the others, could they?? Her voice actually hurt my ears last night.