URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 286
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The 4400"

Posted by calamityc on 07-12-04 at 00:43 AM
Anyone watching this miniseries? They played the premiere episode again on USA tonight. I like the premise with all those people suddenly being returned and coming from decades clear back to the 30s. They do seem to be jumping alot on the characters they intend to follow though.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The 4400"
Posted by kelli_blue on 07-12-04 at 10:18 AM
I watched last night (although I missed the first hour) and LOVED it! I'm sure USA will reair the first episode some night this week, so I'm going to watch the beginning because I think I missed a lot.
Here is the link the the website: http://www.usanetwork.com/series/the4400/flash.htm

Posted by calamityc on 07-12-04 at 12:57 PM
Hi kelli! Thanks for that link. I liked it alot too--now if I can only remember to tune in on Sunday til it finishes up!

"Ratings release"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 07-14-04 at 10:59 AM
USA NETWORK'S ORIGINAL SERIES 'THE 4400' IS HIGHEST-RATED AND MOST- WATCHED NEW SERIES PREMIERE EVER ON A BASIC CABLE NETWORK

USA Network Now Boasts The Top Three Most-Watched Original Series Premieres

Top Rated USA Original Event in More Than Six Years

NEW YORK -- July 13, 2004 -- Sunday's telecast of the USA Network original series "The 4400" was the highest-rated and most-watched new series premiere ever on basic cable, with a 5.7 in households, a 3.48 in P18-49, a 3.75 in P25-54 and 7.4 million viewers watching in 5 million homes tuning in.

"We're thrilled with the extraordinary response to "The 4400" from critics as well as viewers," said Bonnie Hammer, president, USA Network and SCI FI Channel. "Its success is a result of a great product enhanced by creative marketing and strong on-air promotion ? in other words, the total collaboration of a great team."

"The 4400" now leads "The Dead Zone" (4.7 household rating and 6.4 million viewers) and "Peacemakers" (4.0 household rating and 5.2 million viewers) as the most-watched original series premieres in basic cable history. USA Network now boasts four of the five top original scripted series premieres in basic cable history, including "Monk" (3.5 household rating and 4.8 million viewers).

"The 4400" is USA Network's most watched original event since the miniseries "Moby #####" in March 1998, which averaged (over two nights) 10.4 million viewers.

"The 4400" more than doubled the network's usual Sunday evening ratings in households (+157%) and P25-54 (+131%), with P18-49 (+130%). The premiere attracted an additional 4.5 million viewers to the network vs. the average Sunday night audience.

Subsequent episodes of "The 4400" will air over the next four Sundays at 9:00 PM ET/PT.

USA NETWORK
USA Network is cable television's leading provider of original series and feature movies, sports events, off-net television shows, and blockbuster theatrical films. USA Network is available in 82% of all U.S. homes and is seen in over 88 million U.S. homes. The USA Network Web site is located at www.usanetwork.com.

USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.

Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 07-19-04 at 04:19 PM
Hi calimity!! I managed to see the premiere and saw the 1-hour show last night and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Bananapalooza Tour Schedule

Posted by HuckleberryHound on 06-02-05 at 02:11 PM
Thought I might bring this thread back from the dead before the second season starts on Sunday.

Who will be watching? I have so many questions from last season... it was my surprise show from last year.

Posted by Swami on 06-04-05 at 12:56 PM
I'll be watching! I saw a little blurb about the upcoming Sunday season premiere in my newspaper today. I thought the series was terrific, and the premise sets up any number of possible future storylines.

"Tickled pink"
Posted by calamityc on 06-05-05 at 08:33 PM
So glad this got bumped and that some other peeps are looking forward to the new episodes! Show starts in about 20 minutes for me, and I understand most of the original cast came back.

Graciously supplied by RollDice(twice!)

Posted by calamityc on 06-07-05 at 02:33 AM
This link helped me sort out some of the characters, with the long break, I remember them when I see them, but I had forgotten some names.

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/the4400/

Posted by Tahj on 06-06-05 at 02:15 PM
I watched it. I thought it was really good. That baybay seems like she could be good or evil. What do y'all think?

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by HuckleberryHound on 06-06-05 at 07:12 PM
I thought the premiere was great too...

BTW: I don't think the baby is evil. How would that make any sense for the show?
Isabelle only acted out to defend the family... although it was a little dubious how she took care of those bad guys.

Posted by Tahj on 06-06-05 at 07:20 PM
Yeah, that's what I mean. She could have just zapped them unconscious or something, but instead she killed them--maybe because they were going to kill her and her parents.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by calamityc on 06-07-05 at 02:38 AM
Seems like Isabelle might be set up to combat Jordan. They don't need many weapons with baby on board.
The building of the machine was just to cure the scientist, so the "future people" must need him for something.
I am really interested in Maia's story. I was left with the impression she still can see the future, and is just trying to hide it. Anyone else?

Posted by Tahj on 06-07-05 at 11:03 AM
Right. I'm sure Maia can still predict the future.

I think Isabelle is still scary.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 06-07-05 at 11:31 AM
I also don't think the baby is bad, clearly that's Jordan's role. I'm wondering what the second season of this show is going to be all about -- if the premiere episode was any indication it seems like it might start becoming a "strange thing of the week" X-Files-like series (right down to the male/female pair of government agents investigating the strange happenings), which I guess would be fine, but I was expecting a more serialized show in which the serialized storylines would be the main plots, not the backburner subplots.

Also, one thing I was unclear about, do we have any idea how far in the future these folks were supposedly sent back from? Because I'd presume it would have to be several hundred years at least, making the mention that the crazy doctor might be the key to the future folk's ability to grant the 4400 their powers kinda strange (not to mention that it would seem to be one of those classic time travel chicken-or-the-egg problems -- if they only "saved" him now, then how did the future folks already have the benefit of his work? Did they merely speed up a recovery that was already fated to happen -- but only several years later -- for some unexplained reason?

Posted by HuckleberryHound on 06-09-05 at 06:05 PM
"Also, one thing I was unclear about, do we have any idea how far in the future these folks were supposedly sent back from?"

I agree, it has to be a while. Because the technology that the guy (who was changed by the tower) thinks up is pretty revolutionary, and the development of such things as time travel might take more than a couple months.

Posted by Tahj on 06-10-05 at 05:11 PM
Unfortunately, the messenger who had taken over that kid's body was shot before we could find much more out, so we don't know how far in the future it is. I'm guessing we'll find out more as the season progresses.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 06-10-05 at 01:05 PM
I love love love this show It will fill the Lost gap this summer
I still want to know how the woman got pregnant (Im sooo bad with names) and who's comming to make everything ok? do we ever get to see the future perhaps through someones memory? so juicy I love it!!!

Posted by HuckleberryHound on 06-13-05 at 02:12 PM
The woman's name is Lily, and Richard is the father. Somehow through getting taken, Richard, who was in love with Lily grandmother (he was taken many years before Lily) ends up getting her pregnant while they are both gone.

The person coming to make it ok is still unclear, although the baby Isabelle might be that person.

And we have seen nothing of the future yet.

Did anyone watch last night?

Posted by Tahj on 06-14-05 at 11:39 AM
I watched.

I'm tellin' ya, that baby is just giving me the creeps! Richard got angry at Lily and babykins starts screwing with his heart.

I thought it still wasn't clear whether or not Richard is actually the father.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by calamityc on 06-16-05 at 03:02 AM
I only got to watch in bits and pieces, and I hate when that happens! But I think Richard is Isabelle's father in name only. I think she is the baby of one of the "future" people or aliens or whatever they are. I think that is why Jordan wants her found at all costs. I also think that is why Richard feels no communication from her, and why she didn't mind zapping dear ole Dad.

Posted by Swami on 06-16-05 at 09:35 AM
I didn't think she was messing with his heart. I think she adjusted his mind so he would be less negative towards her & her powers.

Posted by Tahj on 06-16-05 at 12:04 PM
Maybe she was doing both. It looked to me like he was feeling some pain in his chest. That baby reminds me of Carrie!

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by HuckleberryHound on 06-16-05 at 03:27 PM
I always just assumed that the baby was Richard's throught some intergalactic immaculate conception.
However, the fact that he is unable to communicate with it makes the theory that it is not his more plausable.

Either way, that baby's behavior is really strange.

Posted by HuckleberryHound on 06-20-05 at 07:33 PM
*bump*

Sunday's episode really made Kyle an interesting character... What is role in this whole thing, considering that he was not even one of the 4400?
That scene in the mirror at the end was pretty crazy.

What did you guys think?

Posted by calamityc on 06-21-05 at 04:17 AM
Looked like he was about to morph into teen werewolf or something!
The guy with the starvation saliva was something else. The writers are going to be busy coming up with unique things for all the characters they decide to feature.
I thought it was cool that Maia broke her silence to save the motorcycle guy.

Posted by Swami on 06-21-05 at 10:31 AM
Dang! I missed Sunday's episode. This is the only show I watch on USA so that channel tends to be off my radar. I'll have to look for a USA website & hope they have a brief summary or something.

I think Richard was "taken" because he had been in love with Lily's look-alike grandmother, and the "takers" knew that Lily's baby would really need a Protector. Who better than an ex-soldier with no family of his own alive anymore?

Posted by Tahj on 06-21-05 at 10:41 AM
and the "takers" knew that Lily's baby would really need a Protector.

From what I've seen, it ain't Richard who is doing the protecting.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by Swami on 06-21-05 at 05:47 PM
He ain't happy, but he's doing it. He is providing food, shelter and quick getaways for Lily & her babe. He is willing and able to take on armed men (though not as effectively as the demon-child, lol) to protect Lily. But mostly he is protecting by providing. Demon baby can't go to daycare so Lily can't work.

And USA has multiple reruns of this show in its schedule--so I can tape one tomorrow & watch the ep I missed this Sunday!

Posted by HuckleberryHound on 06-23-05 at 10:15 AM
Swami... here is a good site for 4400 info, if you miss anything:
http://www.tv.com/the-4400/show/23350/summary.html

Anyway, I think Richard is being an excellent provider for them. He certainly is a good father and husband, but obviuously he is getting tired of constantly being on the run.

What is connection is to the baby is still up in the air in my book. Something is missing there...

Posted by Tahj on 06-23-05 at 12:04 PM
Richard isn't just getting tired, he's got a psychic kid who could do him in if he just looks at her the wrong way. I bet he's seriously thinking of bolting, lol.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by HuckleberryHound on 06-24-05 at 11:57 AM
I don't think there is any way Richard would leave. He has shown himself to be way too moral and reasonable person to do anything like that. However, he is getting increasingly frustrated. If the baby were to act out on him, that would be a veyr interesting turn for his character, and he would definitely be tested. I hope it does not come to this. He just can't get a break so far...

And what will happen between Kyle and that "professor" of his?
Hmmmm...

Posted by Tahj on 06-24-05 at 04:14 PM
And what will happen between Kyle and that "professor" of his?
Hmmmm...

Bang, bang.

Richard needs to manifest some kind of power, FAST!

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by HuckleberryHound on 06-27-05 at 06:51 PM
I don't know when he is going to do it... the family looks like they are going back to the 4400 compound. And from there, won't Jordan be in charge? I have a hard time believeing his heart is pure...
what do you guys think?

Posted by nicalai on 07-04-05 at 09:24 PM
i just caught every episode of this show on saturday. and i couldn't stay away. i went to the store, came back and it was still on. i loved it, from early in the morning, to late evening. i didn't know this show existed for a year!

i can't wait for the season premiere july 10... usa is a channel i rarely watch, so i didn't know such a good show was on. but it's even better to watch back to back episodes.

Posted by HuckleberryHound on 07-05-05 at 01:54 PM
I know... it really is my favorite show on TV right now.
I watched the whole first season on DVD, and watching them right after another is awesome. I almost can't handle the suspense of watching one each week! (But I think I will manage)...

"July 10th episode"
Posted by calamityc on 07-10-05 at 11:59 PM
Anyone catch the episode tonight? Wow, there was alot going on with this one!

Jordan, where is he?

Isabelle not necessarily a force for good?

"RE: July 10th episode"
Posted by Swami on 07-11-05 at 08:57 AM
Why should Isabelle be a force for good? Whoever kidnapped the 4400 disrupted 4400 lives to set up some kind of global change to "protect" the future. I don't see them as being the least bit queasy about hurting or even killing a few people to force their change. (Remember the serial killer guy?) Also? It hasn't really been proven that this change really is to protect the future of humankind. They said that, of course, because they want cooperation or at least a lack of interference from authorities--but a power grab is a power grab. Who usually seizes and manipulates powerful technology? People looking for personal and/or political power.

Posted by calamityc on 07-11-05 at 12:36 PM
Good point. First I thought she would be a force for good because she took such an intense dislike to Jordan. But hurting her half sister wouldn't have seemed to have a point unless she just wanted her Mother not to see the sister anymore. And she did pretty much insure that Jordan would meet his fate (or did he?). Any guesses on that disappearing body?

Posted by Tahj on 07-11-05 at 12:55 PM
Told y'all that baby was evil!

Yeah, I was wondering if Jordan's death was faked but Shawn sure didn't act like it was.

Kyle is the assassin, or someone who took over Kyle's body is the assassin!

This show is getting to be just like Lost, with more and more questions with very few answers.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by BlueLies on 07-17-05 at 04:26 PM
They've got the first 10 episodes out on DVD.

"July 17th episode"
Posted by calamityc on 07-18-05 at 12:59 PM
Ok, this was strange! They didn't have enough drama with a possible 4400 characters? Now we get an alternate reality thrown in? Guess that gave them an extra week to answer no questions posed last week!

"RE: July 17th episode"
Posted by Swami on 07-23-05 at 06:31 PM
It was not alternate reality. The woman who was agent whatsisface's wife in the episode was a 4400. Her "talent" (learned while she was in the future) was to create this alternate reality in the agent's mind so that he would immediately love and feel close to her. What seemed like 8 years of an alternate reality to him really happened in just a few moments of real time, as he sat musing at his desk in the FBI building.

When he snapped out of it, he raced after this woman who had just left his office and caught up with her. They bonded as though they had been lovers for years and not just met. Why the future needed her to bond with one of the agents in charge of tracking the 4400 we are not told. I am assuming that she will either be entering the series as a recurring character or her story will have a shorter arc and we will learn her purpose fairly soon.

Posted by CattyChat on 07-25-05 at 12:31 PM
Finally did a search to see if anyone started a 4400 thread. I really like the show and darn, I missed last night's ep and have to wait 'til Thurs for the repeat.

I, too, think Isabel may be bad. I am not sure of her motivation of disliking her half-sis.

Trying to figure out the whole Kyle thing. Out of coma, possessed, then seemingly unpossessed by future guy, having blackouts and then is the assasin?

Last week's ep was freaky with the whole "alternate" reality.

Just like "Lost" this show brings up more and more questions with each episode rather than answers. Kinda frustrating.

As an aside, I love the new USA "character" commercials, especially the ones with Maya.

Posted by Swami on 07-25-05 at 06:36 PM
The Clairvoyant Child commercials are great!

Posted by Majic Mitch on 08-18-05 at 08:04 AM
I watched every episode of 4400, until after the alternate reality episode. It was awful and it was like a wasted week. They keep going off in tangents and never come full circle.