URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID48
Thread Number: 284
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Paradise Hotel II, will you watch?"

Posted by ugibugi on 09-13-03 at 02:06 AM
Ok, I admit it, I am hooked on this show. I feel dirty about it, but it is the truth. The only way I will quit watching is if the show ends, or if Dave and Charla are kicked off.

However, I am only talking about this season. Unlike some of the guests at the hotel (Amy, Beau) I learn from my mistakes. I will watch until one of the above events happens, but I will not watch another season of this crap.

Fox has not only played unfair games with the contestants, they have shown great disrespect for and played games with their viewers. They think it is ok, because we will still watch. Sorry to tell you Fox, we are not a country of Amy's who will blindly put up with abuse.

Sure, I am hooked on this group only because I want to see Dave and Charla pull this out after all the BS they have had to deal with. But, Fox will not get the chance to do this again to me.

What are your ideas on this? Will you watch? What would it take for you to watch or not to watch?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Paradise Hotel II, will you watch?"
Posted by Chrissy gal on 09-13-03 at 02:28 AM
I started watching this show because I wanted to see Bug-eyed Toni go nuts again. Then I wanted to see how Kavita got along with the other hotel guests. I thought I would stop watching after Kavita left, but I kept watching. Now I find myself wanting good things to happen to the Barbies and wishing that the Originals would be shut down. I haven't watched a lot of the episodes, because I find the behavior of the Originals to be disgusting, but I have continued to come here to find out what happened. When this season is over I am finished with Paradise Hotel (Even if they cast someone I really like next season).

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Posted by Jack Tripper on 09-13-03 at 09:17 AM
If this is the first of it's kind and the show will get nastier than this, than I'm not watching, got better things to do during the summer. For example, Big Brother 2 got out of control and still watched it to the end and was very disappointed that Will won.
So if Paradis Hotel turns out this way, than I am definitely not watching next summer. But if someone like Dave wins, than I might have to give it another chance.

Posted by Dakota on 09-13-03 at 10:40 AM
Yes, but under an assumed name.

Posted by Angelfood on 09-13-03 at 02:10 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-03 AT 02:13 PM (EST)

Ugibugi,
I feel the same. Although I will hang in there if Keith&Tara make it til the end. You bring up some great points.

But, don't feel bad about watching now. If you wanna justify yourself, like I do, read my post:
<http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=264&forum=DCForumID48&omm=13>

I also discuss how the producers have strayed from the way they promoted the show (sexy) into what it is now (no fun).
However, no amount of cheering for our faves would make me want to sit thru more nauseating episodes of bullying in a PH2.

So, let's hope I have the willpower to stay away from PH2, based on principle alone, but I can't guarantee I won't check out the first ep. and then dump it like an old PH guest.

Posted by Robin_Keith support on 09-13-03 at 03:18 PM
I completely agree with you. If the ones from the barbie group do not win I definately will not watch next season. I really think that they were cheated anyways.

go to this addy and sign the petition. I think you will like it

http://www.petitiononline.com/nofox/petition.html

Posted by lipztik on 09-13-03 at 04:25 PM
I agree with everybody but I think I agree with Angelfood more, I might not have the Will Power not to watch the first episode of PH2, just out of curiosity. This PH1 is driving me crazy already, I get so mad (because of the Amy group) after watching it and I laugh at myself for being that mad - lol - does that make sense ?

hi to everyone - this is my second day

Posted by Chrissy gal on 09-13-03 at 04:34 PM
>>I get so mad (because of the Amy group) after watching it and I laugh at myself for being that mad - lol - does that make sense ?<<

Hi lipztik. It takes me more than one day to get past the ugliness of an episode, that is why I am not watching most of it. Really coming here and making jokes about the originals is the only way for me to feel better about the verbal abuse. It's difficult to be mad when you're laughing!

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Posted by lipztik on 09-13-03 at 04:51 PM
thx Chrissy gal! I find it helpful to come here and talk about the originals. I used to just vent at work, there's one person at work that watches it and gets mad the next day too, we just found this site yesterday.

lipztik

Posted by JenX on 09-13-03 at 05:53 PM
I'd love to say I won't watch it next season but I probably will, especially if the winners **Charla & Keith or Dave** get to come back next season. Or something to that effect.

Posted by EnglProf on 09-14-03 at 11:00 AM
I think we'll be LUCKY if they DON'T bring Toni back for PH2!

Charla or Dave would be great, but I can see both Toni and Fox trying to cash in on Toni's need to be a reality tv whore.

Posted by Dakota on 09-13-03 at 05:54 PM
I think what is disturbing is that these are real people, not actors with scripts and we're seeing how boorish they are. The emotions are also real and it's hard to watch people being so childish and deliberately hurtful. As with all reality TV, if it wasn't for these Boards where you can express you thoughts and have some fun with it, I don't think I could watch for long. Especially this community (unpaid endorsement) where the level of intelligence and humor tends be to much higher than other boards I've checked out.
I'll watch PH2 until I get tired of it.

Posted by nanrabbit on 09-16-03 at 11:02 PM
I have to disagree. They are people but most seem to be ones who are trying to get noticed. Thus we have Toni who has been on other shows and I am sure others have tried out for something.

I do think that the producers do guide what they say and do. You also have Dave admitting that he puts questions in Pandora's box to get a reaction.

Posted by MynxAZ on 09-17-03 at 09:07 PM
What disturbs me is so many of the people I can't stand on the show are from AZ and live in Scottsdale, just like me. Of course, I'm not orig. from AZ & Scottsdale is just about as phony as you can get, so it does not surprise me at all that Amy, Beau and Zack are cowardly, two-faced, cruel and just plain ignorant.

I thought Amy was kind of cute (not in a romantic way - I'm a female) at the beginning, but as her personality gets uglier, so does the rest of her. I can't stand to look at her any more. She is just plain evil. Tara and Charla were right about the whole Barbie thing - that is Scottsdale, anyone who goes to the clubs here can confirm it....

Posted by ziggy2003 on 09-14-03 at 00:28 AM
Well, given that I have watched almost every episode of all four seasons of Big Brother - even after season one with the Chicken Man!! - I think it is safe to predict that I will watch PHo next summer. In my defense (and I need one!), there really is not a lot of choice in the summer TV season, and I need to watch something while on the treadmill. I have trouble imagining making time for it in the fall, when new episodes of CSI and 24 are on. I am proud to report that I quit watching Survivor a few years ago. So I am not entirely hopeless.

Perhaps next year, PHo can move towards having at least 50% new footage in each episode. If I see that "I'll see you in Arizona with 50 guys" scene another time, I will be tempted to find the producers in LaLaland with 50 guys.... And maybe next year they will have clear rules and a specified "ultimate prize." Argghhh! Why am I even considering watching this dog's breakfast new year?

Ziggy

"Noooooooooo!"
Posted by lroy on 09-15-03 at 03:40 PM
Oh for the love of god, noooo!! This drivel can't make it back on the air and if it does, there is no way i'm watching it. P Ho started out as an amusing diversion and has turned into a abuse fest that is disturbing to watch. Ain't no way i'm tuning in again...

Unless of course something really tawdry & trashy occurs that lures me to watch again, then i may take a peek!

"RE: Noooooooooo!"
Posted by LCV1 on 09-15-03 at 06:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-03 AT 07:42 PM (EST)

As you can tell, I do not post much, but for this, I feel I need to speak up...

Heck yea I'll watch it again next year. Partially because there is nothing else on and also because I said all season THIS year "I'm never gonna watch this show again if..." and here I am reading boards and finding myself anticipating what will happen tonight. Even when Will won BB, I SWORE I would NEVER watch BB again...and here I am again, summer #4...a glutton for punishment, I guess!

Why do I watch...anticipation, excitement, and that little vengeful side of me that hopes that the ever-so nasty, unintelligent, childish, Hollywood wannabe orginals get what they deserve. And if they don't I will watch next year to see if Fox rights the wrong! But 2 years in a row...I'm not so sure!

This show certainly makes me glad for what I have and quite honestly makes ya think twice about how we treat each other. I teach junior high and some of those spoiled brats make my kids look like angels!

Posted by socalj on 09-15-03 at 07:40 PM
I don't think I'll be watching the next one. I liked the 1st Survivor, and peeked in at the next few installments. The Africa one never drew me in, and I watched 1/2 of 2 episodes. I didn't watch the following show as a result. I watched most of the first Temptation Island, and watched the end just to see what happened, but have no interest in watching any others. The Bachelor/ette has been pretty good each time, so I've watched those.

I'm pretty much the same way with books. When I find a good author, I stick with him or her, even through a minor lemon (like the 3rd Bachelor). But if I feel "duped" by an author, or he makes dumb plot twists (I like mysteries), I won't read him again.

Same with this show. I might peek in on the next one, but I doubt I'll stay. But I'll watch just about any show with Keith in it!

Posted by superstepmom1 on 09-16-03 at 05:47 PM
I liked
>the 1st Survivor, and peeked
>in at the next few
>installments.

Me too about Survivor. Once you figure it out, and everyone else gets the "game" aspect, it looses it's fun. It's like a rerun of the same show, but using different actors. It's still the same OLD show.

BUT, if Fox has PHo2, I AM SO THERE!

It is so hard to go from Wed to Mon each week. I think I need a support group.

"maybeeeeee!!"
Posted by Angelfood on 09-16-03 at 06:03 PM
hey, wait a min,
good thought, scary thought,
I think that THIS BD, we ARE the support group.
well, i hope so.

socalj has an apt point: what if Keith is on it?
You know we'll be watching then.
Maybe we should petition now for him to get his own show, so that we can avoid the possibility of his sucking us in to PH2.

"RE: maybeeeeee!! Most likely!!"
Posted by indian girl on 09-16-03 at 06:24 PM
I will watch it, because I hope the second time around the "originals" figure that it's a game and develop some strategy from the beginning. I truly hope this childish behaviour exhibited by the originals now, will not show up in season 2, as people applying for the show will have to know it's a game with some "ultimate" prize in the end. But with human nature, one can never tell...

Posted by ugibugi on 09-16-03 at 06:48 PM
I am surpirsed at the number of you who say you will watch, I expected a different reaction.

Like I said in my original post, I am hooked on this season, but I will not allow FOX to lure me into another season of this crap. Honestly, I am very tired of the whole reality tv thing. I was hoping that I was not so much in the minority with these thoughts.

Posted by Loree on 09-16-03 at 07:01 PM
I doubt I will be able to resist tuning in next season to see who they cast for this show. And will they use the same hotel location? Will any of the cast be reality show rejects from other shows? So many things I need answers to before I decide.

Posted by Gina on 09-16-03 at 07:15 PM
New here.. Hi all around

I'll definately watch. Though I was pretty irritated by them bringing the 'originals' back, but I love the drama of the show!

Posted by jase on 09-16-03 at 10:17 PM
I'll watch again just to see what changes are made. My guess is that there will be some. I also have grown tired of Survivor (watched entire 1st season, a handful of shows from the seasons that followed) and the same can be said of Big Brother and just about all the other reality shows past and present on tv.

Amazing Race and American Idol are the only ones (besides PH) I watch everytime they're on. Anyway, if they can keep things fresh, I'll watch Paradise Hotel 2, 3, 4, etc.... I can stomach all the crazy stuff people say and do cause I know this stuff isn't real.

Posted by RealityRoadie on 09-17-03 at 08:35 PM
I absolutely, positively will not admit to watching PH 2.

Posted by ugibugi on 09-17-03 at 10:54 PM
Now that is an honest answer.

Posted by Angelfood on 09-17-03 at 11:45 PM
Maybe, but it still wasn't a "NO"

Posted by WhoCares on 09-18-03 at 01:48 PM
That could be the ultimate prize?.....the winners get to come back on next years show? Can't wait.......... I think I need help, I went out last night had way to much fun, got home late and woke up at 5am to watch the tape of last nights show before I left for work. Now that's sad

JD