URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 2825
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"New Gimmick for Season 9 - Disney's Golden Ticket?"

Posted by BriarRosie on 01-14-10 at 00:39 AM
I'm not sure how many people are familiar with the American Idol attraction that opened at Walt Disney World in early 2009.

In a nutshell, Disney re-created the AI set stage, cast some of their entertainment cast members to be the "judges", and put out auditions throughout the day at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

If you make it past the first round of auditions, you're given a choice of songs to perform at one of the shows. The audience votes a winner of each show of the day, and all the winners compete in the final show of the day. The winner of the final show gets...

A "Golden Ticket" that allows the bearer to go to the front of the line in any of the city tour audition sites. Of course they have to be eligible to audition to take advantage of that.

But this is the first year we *might* see people who have this "golden ticket" pass. I'm thinking we'd probably see it the most at the Orlando audition. I'm looking forward to seeing if any of the Disney attraction "winners" make it to Hollywood.

Anyone else have any thoughts about this?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: New Gimmick for Season 9 - Disney's Golden Ticket?"
Posted by grit on 01-14-10 at 08:31 AM
I had forgotten all about that.

We were at DisneyWorld in August and caught one of the daily AI shows. We missed the finale because my husband thought we could show up at the theater at 7:00 and walk right in. Duh. We could have watched it on the big screen outside the theater but it was raining.

The kid who won the show we saw was the best of the 3 that performed, but I don't think he was as good as the people I saw get golden tickets last night. I wonder how much of an impact the Disney show will have on AI auditions.

I got sliced!

Posted by Belle Book on 01-14-10 at 04:34 PM
I tried my hand at actually auditioning last December! Close to 2 pm, I auditioned and sang "Do You Know the Way to San Jose?" The Disney cast member who heard me said I was good, but it was near the end of the time they could take in auditions, and they wanted a more up-tempo song (mine was more medium-tempo), so I didn't actually make it past the first round. Still, I tried and that made me happy.

Belle Book

Posted by BriarRosie on 01-25-10 at 01:10 PM
I just heard a spoiler regarding an American Idol Experience winner making the top 24. The source was not mentioned, but it was announced on a Disney fan podcast this week.

I will be sure to watch for this guy during the Hollywood auditions when they air.

Posted by Agman2 on 03-18-16 at 01:08 PM
It turned out to be bogus

Posted by quee9899 on 03-14-21 at 11:26 PM

Since childhood, Mr. Lu Xun in his desk now on a "morning", this style started to affect the students of history, several generations of renewal and transformation, we have become on the desks of the "culture" A.
voip phone