URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 281
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Apprentice #3 Episode #15 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by Estee on 05-05-05 at 07:39 PM
Please keep all discussion of tonight's episode on this thread until those in the West have a chance to see it. Assuming we don't get another MB head to head. Hey, Mr. President? Anything you want to say tonight? Is it time to blame the downfall of family values on reality television? Were you going to announce how well your stock options in oil companies were doing? How about an emergency 'No President Left Behind' program in which the entire country leans how to pronounce 'nuclear'? No? Then maybe we can get on with it. (Don't you wish all jobs came with an interview process?)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Warning:"
Posted by Estee on 05-05-05 at 08:39 PM
As this episode contains the interview segment, Craig will be speaking tonight. Extensively.

Do not attempt to adjust your set.

Do not attempt to make any sense of what he's trying to say.

Closed captioning won't help, either.

"RE: Warning:"
Posted by kathliam on 05-05-05 at 08:58 PM
Thank heaven I've already had a few adult beverages. Perchance I will understand him a little better.

"RE: The Apprentice #3 Episode #15 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by kathliam on 05-05-05 at 08:57 PM
Tee,hee, Alex is a sole Survivor of team Magna. Nice corss-promotion, EPMB, as if you needed it.

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-05-05 at 08:59 PM
Ummm... Alex is bye-bye.

Posted by kathliam on 05-05-05 at 09:02 PM
Sorry,I should have titled that re-cap.

Posted by kathliam on 05-05-05 at 09:02 PM
Tana returns to the suite, 'honey, I'm home'. Tana and Craig are praying. Kendra feels it's her versus Tana and Craig.

The three remaining Apprentices (apprentici?) meet DT at Trump Tower at an empty suite. Lord, it's beautiful.

DT brak, brak, brak. They will iterview with four corporate executive.

Posted by seahorse on 05-05-05 at 09:02 PM
Down to three.

"But why..."
Posted by AyaK on 05-05-05 at 09:05 PM
How about an emergency 'No President Left Behind' program in which the entire country leans how to pronounce 'nuclear'?

Laura Bush could be the teacher.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/laurabush/a/laurabushcomedy.htm
But George and I are complete opposites — I'm quiet, he's talkative, I'm introverted, he's extroverted, I can pronounce nuclear —

"RE: But why..."
Posted by kathliam on 05-05-05 at 09:07 PM
Bhwahahahaha. Ayak, you crack me up.

Posted by seahorse on 05-05-05 at 09:05 PM
The questions are very tough.

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-05-05 at 09:07 PM
I'm familiar with most of these questions from my company's interview process. But, I wonder if they got together to decide who was going to ask what.

Posted by kathliam on 05-05-05 at 09:06 PM
This editing style for the interviews is giving me a headache. Kendra seems to be kicking a$$. We all know how Burnett likes to edit.

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-05-05 at 09:08 PM
Except maybe on the "bending the rules" question. With all the CEO/Corp. scandals recently I don't know if saying you "bend the rules every day" - then citing tax rules - is a good idea.

Posted by ARnutz on 05-05-05 at 09:56 PM
Yeah, that was totally crazy editing.

Posted by Estee on 05-05-05 at 09:07 PM
I am so glad I don't have to summarize all those questions and answers during the interview segment...

Craig's communication skills aren't so much failing him as they are systematically tightening the bow tie. Did Bren forget a suitcase?

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-05-05 at 09:10 PM
Geez. How high is that slit in Tana's skirt?

Posted by seahorse on 05-05-05 at 09:11 PM
Craig is looking very weak from the interviewers.

Posted by kathliam on 05-05-05 at 09:12 PM
Domino's doesn't like Craig, Kendra's in the middle, they'd hire Tana.

QVC would hire Tana, Craig interesting but little substance, Kendra most in question, most answers scripted.

Howard liked Kendra, only question her age, could mold and she could be a superstar, didn't like Craig, Tana couldn't make it in a metropolitan city.

The last person didn't like Craig, like Kendra, most intelligent, like Tana but question her ability to be part of large corporation.

Buh-bye Craig.

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-05-05 at 09:13 PM
Well, that was quick.

Posted by seahorse on 05-05-05 at 09:15 PM
The next apprentice will be a female.

Posted by ARnutz on 05-05-05 at 09:30 PM
Day-um... he was in there for like 30 seconds!

Posted by seahorse on 05-05-05 at 09:12 PM
Tana seems to be the favorite, with Kendra a close second.

Posted by kathliam on 05-05-05 at 09:18 PM
Wow, that was quick and painless, Craig, you're fired.

It's a two-woman final two. So, what is their task?

We'll find out after the break. Interesting that we heard nothing from George and Carolyn.

Tana and Kendra are so excited at being the final 2. There is a scrapbook of the first 16 waiting for them at the suite.

EPMB brings the 'Fallen Comrades' tribute to 'The Apprentice'. The walk down memory lane with eachc previous Apprentice candidate.

"Very appropriate..."
Posted by AyaK on 05-05-05 at 09:24 PM
...for dragging out the former one-night finale into three stand-alone episodes, that is.

Posted by Estee on 05-05-05 at 09:19 PM
Misty watercolored memories...

...of the DAWs they were...

"Move over, Donald."
Posted by Estee on 05-05-05 at 09:27 PM
In less than three minutes, George and Carolyn proved themselves to be about three hundred percent of the show host you are. Each.

"And the final task is..."
Posted by kathliam on 05-05-05 at 09:25 PM
Tana and Kendra in the boardroom. DT by videophone from his car. Kendra will run Best Buy video championship. Tana will run NYC 2012 challenge to promote NYC's bid for Olympics.

They will be given employees to help with their tasks. The previous employees enter the boardroom. They are given prior employees from BookSmarts and Street smarts. Tana asks if they can change their teams. Tee hee.

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-05-05 at 09:26 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-05 AT 09:28 PM (EST)

Oh... George makes it very clear. You are free to "use, or not use, your employees, as you see fit". Then Tana wants to change teams... So much for all the nice things they said about these people looking at their photos.

Posted by ARnutz on 05-05-05 at 09:28 PM
Boy oh boy, these teams will be causing some drama!!!

Posted by Estee on 05-05-05 at 09:29 PM
Temper Tantrums vs. Scatterbrains.

Are they trying to take over the summaries?

Posted by Fishercat on 05-05-05 at 09:34 PM
Care to guess who intelligently signed up for the 5/12 episode prior to seeing 5/5?

A generous Icecat donation

"Oh My Heck!"
Posted by FFantasyFX on 05-05-05 at 09:32 PM
Now we know the Donald is playing it for laughs . . . I don't think there is any way they could have come up with more incompetent teams - Kendra gets Danny, Erin, and Micheal; Tana gets Chris, Brian, and Kristen.

At least the next episode is guaranteed to be hilarious. I wonder if either Kendra or Tana will fire everyone on their team before the challenge is over.

Posted by Fishercat on 05-05-05 at 09:32 PM
I'm assuming the tasks will continue next week...and if so, I'm enthralled. I get to summarize these six Apprentice "contenders" try to do work under a leader. This will be freaking sweet.

Kendra, Danny, Michael, Erin
v.
Tana, Chris, Kristen, Brian

Video game championship, even better!

Speaking of recycled entities, the Playstation 2 is recycled.

Hahaha, if you can manage Chris, Brian, and Kristen, you deserve the medal of honor. VIKING POWER!!!

Posted by seahorse on 05-05-05 at 09:33 PM
Playstation must be paying big time for the Apprentice backing. This is the second task this year involving Playstation.

Posted by itsteach on 05-05-05 at 09:35 PM
I am a lurker on your boards and log in every Thursday (I don't get the show for 20 more min)to see the spoiler! Just wanted to say thanks because I am one of those people that just can't wait!!!

Lori

Posted by janda3 on 05-05-05 at 09:41 PM
I am in a similar boat. I got addicted to this when I was in the hospital in December with A2. I don't have a TV, so I've been following this through the sites & blogs. Thanks ever so much for helping to fuel my addiction.

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-05-05 at 09:41 PM
Welcome to the boards. Not just ours, yours, too, if you continue to participate. Everyone's invited to play. It's in the rules.

Posted by janda3 on 05-05-05 at 09:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

I can't believe that they couldn't get John or Todd or even Tara. Those would have also made good TV, especially Tara. It would have been like the Prodical Daughter coming back.

"It's not looking good,..."
Posted by kathliam on 05-05-05 at 09:38 PM
Danny starts the meeting off by singing ditties. The Best Buy rep is torked because they are short on time and haven't seen a timeline. Erin goes downstairs to get Kendra to attend the meeting.

"RE: It's not looking good,..."
Posted by Fishercat on 05-05-05 at 09:40 PM
Chris' Guide to Business on The Apprentice:

Tip #430
Do not ever meet key contributors to your project in the form of sponsors. Instead, send your inept employees to do so.
As seen in: The Celebrity Auction Episode

"Cue the fiascos."
Posted by Estee on 05-05-05 at 09:39 PM
Tana has given her team the authority to make decisions in her name.

Danny has taken over the presentation and is singing a Magna jingle.

Ginger, Fishercat -- lack of material is not going to be the problem.

"RE: Cue the fiascos."
Posted by mysticwolf on 05-05-05 at 09:44 PM
Once Kendra got there she did a lot to make the sponsors feel better. Now, what kind of decisions will be made in Tana's name. (She's trashing her team to Carolyn. Not a good idea, IMHO.)

"RE: Cue the fiascos."
Posted by Fishercat on 05-05-05 at 09:50 PM
I have to agree, I think it was a bad decision to trash her team directly in front of the executives. I can understand doing such a thing to Kendra, it's a peer thing. But to bash your livelyhood and want to trade them is not that smart. It's one thing what Chris did with the trading scenario, trying to trade the two weakest remaining players (Erin/Steph) back to Magna, but when Tana's stuck with them...hooboy.

Posted by ARnutz on 05-05-05 at 09:40 PM
At this point, it is not looking good for Kendra. She was supposed to meet with EA Games & Best Buy execs and she was MIA for more than 10 minutes while Danny floundered and basically told them nothing except his stupid little jingle.

Tana has shown her explosive team members respect by allowing them some freedom to make some decisions on her behalf in the capacity she put them in.

Gee, which team will be working harder for their PM, huh?

Posted by FFantasyFX on 05-05-05 at 09:45 PM
Kendra saved the day somewhat - she guided the reps around the area and outlined how the event would be set up. I'm still interested to find out how Danny took the reps hostage.

"Subtle but telling difference."
Posted by kathliam on 05-05-05 at 09:47 PM
Kendra told the Best Buy representatives how things would run, Tana asks the NYC 2012 folks how they would like things to do.

We've seen in previous years the one who is proactive often comes out on top.

"RE: Subtle but telling difference."
Posted by kathliam on 05-05-05 at 09:51 PM
Then again, it could just be Burnett's patented hubris.

Posted by Fishercat on 05-05-05 at 09:45 PM
Not to mention, I dare say Tana has no REAL liability when it comes to work. Chris is by far the best employee available out of the six.

Now the three are acting like children, amusing ones. Brian's "I hate being late" was a great quote.

Mwhahaha, Chris and Kristen are sent to look for parking. Rich.

Posted by janda3 on 05-05-05 at 09:46 PM
Is Kristin yelling in Chris' ear yet?

Posted by ARnutz on 05-05-05 at 09:49 PM
Dood! I would love to see Tana fire someone! Perhaps Kristin who just said, "My a$$ is no longer on the line, I don't care."

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-05-05 at 09:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-05 AT 09:51 PM (EST)

Yeah! Major sponsor in the basement! Way to go Kendra! The sponsor rep looked like she wanted to cry.

Posted by seahorse on 05-05-05 at 09:51 PM
Kendra has to be dying. Playstation may pull their sponsorship of the event if they are not satisfied.

Posted by kahanasunset on 05-05-05 at 09:52 PM
I was wondering what the cliffhanger would be. Tell us more!

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-05-05 at 09:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-05 AT 10:01 PM (EST)

Playstation kiosks arrive. Kendra has them put in the basement because there's a contractual agreement with Creative Arts (??) that only their stuff goes into the ballroom. The rep wants to see where they're set up. Kendra takes her down a tatty hallway, down tawdry stairs, to a room with dirty, torn linoleum, an old disco ball, and some moldering deer-head mounts. The kiosks are all stacked along one wall. The rep is not happy. Says in confessional that if it doesn't look better soon they'll pull out of the games.

Posted by Fishercat on 05-05-05 at 09:58 PM
I would try and pull it if I were a Playstation Exec.

OK, I'm supplying the systems that run the game. EA Sports is a fine company, and they are the supposed main sponsor, but if I'm also a main sponsor and I'm in a dingy basement that looks like a closed down piece of crap, and this is the next apprentice for Donald Trump? The day before a big money event (and believe me, a lot of these competitions can be big events), and it looks like this. I've seen E3, I've seen video game/computer game tournaments, and they look fantastic, clean, exciting. This looks like crap, and if I happened to be one of those big time gamers (which I'm not, I am a horrible video game player), I'd be highly unimpressed.

In complete and utter honesty, if that place looks like it does now, and they are trying to put our systems in the basement of this place, the systems that run the games, well...that sucks.

Honestly, as long as Tana and her team don't make a major miscue and Kendra doesn't make that place a LOT better...Tana should win.

Posted by Spidey on 05-05-05 at 10:15 PM
Honestly, as long as Tana and her team don't make a major miscue and Kendra doesn't make that place a LOT better...Tana should win.

And I think that is exactly what "they" want you to think.

Posted by kahanasunset on 05-05-05 at 10:20 PM
My thoughts exactly. Tana's team makes the mistake because she first made the mistake of entrusting them with decisions AND dissed them to Caroline.

Posted by Fishercat on 05-05-05 at 11:18 PM
Yeah, I figure as much. Donald does say in the previews that "big mistake" comment in what looks like the Olympic task...so it's very possible.

Still, it's pretty darn ugly there. I actually have no clue what's going to happen, unlike last season, where Kelly had the momentum going in.

Posted by ARnutz on 05-05-05 at 09:55 PM
Next week... a whole bunch of blunders!!!

...and "a big mistake". DT said that!

Posted by smokedog on 05-06-05 at 01:30 AM
>Next week... a whole bunch of
>blunders!!!

You could exchange 'next week' with 'this season' quite easily.