URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 280
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"1st Average Joe"

Posted by edolan on 02-01-04 at 06:22 PM
I watched the first Average Joe all the time and I really enjoyed it until those "non" average guys came. If this show was trying to show how shallow people are and that all they care about are looks then they sure succeeded! I also think that you can be a great looking guy and be an average joe! An average joe can be anyone, so i don't think that they should run this show ever again because its degrading and it is making a fool out of the network and the people on the show.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: 1st Average Joe"
Posted by mookiemeister on 02-02-04 at 10:24 AM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the reason they introduced the hunks later was to give the joes who don't have the look to immediately attract the girl to have some time to get to know the girl and to use their charms to attract her. But they introduced the hunks later, because just as in real life, joes have to compete against the hunks for girls all the time. It kinda suck that Melana picked a hunk over a joe at the end. But that's her choice, right? It seems like she picked a guy she can fall in love with instead of trying to delude herself and pick a guy who is rich. I think Melana was in a no win situation for those people who are looking for faults in her decision. If she had picked Adam, people would say how shallow she is for picking a rich guy who she is obviously not attracted to. And since she picked Jason, people are now complaining how she is shallow for picking a guy just for his look.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein