URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID19
Thread Number: 280
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"A couple final questions for Shakes.."

Posted by NickFalzone on 12-02-01 at 10:10 PM
First of all, I'd like to say that I enjoyed this show quite a bit. Definitely alot more fun than the current reality offerings (TI2 and S3 are pretty goddamn boring in comparison). That being said, I felt gipped by the producers at the end when the third couple was added out of nowhere. Mike deserved to win it, as much as Richard Hatch deserved to win Survivor 1. They both outsmarted the game to some extent. Unfortunately, you got screwed by the 'game' being changed around at the last moment. Anyway, on to a couple lingering questions I've had about the show:

1.) I noticed on the FOX website that alot of the clips had really bad background noise from wind. Did this mean that sometimes they made you 're-enact' scenes in order to get better audio? And was there any voice-over in post-production?

2.) Without necessarily naming names, can you give us an idea of how much booty was gotten by the cast during the shoot? And on the same subject, I was wondering if the cabin-cams were left on all the time (i.e. did the producers have ##### tapes they didn't put on air).

3.) And finally, was there something going on with the camera crew on the shoot? It seems like in some parts of the show there was only one camera going for an entire 'scene'. What was that about? Is FOX just too cheap to hire adequate size crews?

Thanks,

NickF

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: A couple final questions for Shakes.."
Posted by Teddy_Bear on 04-10-02 at 01:58 AM
According to a reliable source on one of the message boards; "Shakes," is really Michael !

"Oh yes..."
Posted by AyaK on 04-10-02 at 10:04 AM
According to a reliable source on THIS message board, shakes is really Michael ... and shakes was a prominent member of this board (as well as the chief "policeman" of the Survivor Spoilers Forum) long before Love Cruise aired, so there were some strong feelings about him (pro and con)!

See the prior posts in this forum.

"RE: Oh yes..."
Posted by Teddy_Bear on 04-10-02 at 11:40 AM
Thanks for the tip, AyaK. Tell me, why does he have to be so heavy handed with his critiscisms/suugestions? Although Sleeve and I digress on this point; Shakes did flame me on another thread. As Sleeve pointed out, he did have some excellent points; however, please explain to me how these suggestions--irregardless of how useful they are--can be of any help at all, when these "helpful pointers" are intermixed with spurts of unwarrented, offensive and vicious character assasination? Can't you, IceCat, Sleeve and SurvivorBlows reign him in a little? The exact same reliable source agreed with me that he was a bully and only makes everyone uncomfortable on this board. I'm afraid to post anything in the Survivors spoiler forum now because of it. I feel something should be done about this "clown" before he frightens everyone off of the spoiler boards. For further information on this matter, please feel free to check out my now locked thread, "secret alliance," in the SB spoiler forum. Please send this post to IceCat, SurvivorBlows, and especially to Sleeve who gave me an excellent response which I was unable to respond to. The thread which I had started spun hillariously out of control; so he had no choice but to lock it. I will now check out the other posts in this forum. You're alright AyaK! ! ! !

Posted by MakeItStop on 04-10-02 at 04:00 PM
I hesitated to respond to this, but when you make a statement like "The exact same reliable source agreed with me that he was a bully and only makes everyone uncomfortable on this board. " I have to disagree.

I seriously doubt that you have talked to "everyone" on this board because I know that you have NOT talked to me. Yes, Shakes can be harsh, but I for one, appreciate his policing of the Spoilers board. There are too many newbies posting their grand and glorious theories that come out of nowhere.

The Spoilers board is a serious board. It would be nice if speculation was based on spoilers. It would also be nice if people didn't repeat themselves or repeat what others have already said.

I hope this doesn't sound too negative. I guess I'm just frustrated with the state of the Spoilers board.

Posted by Teddy_Bear on 04-10-02 at 06:21 PM
You're right MakeItStop; I was wrong to gereralise I have not talked to everyone on the board--although, I wish I could. While I definately agree with you that some form of policing is necessary--This is why I chose this board over the EZ-Board; because some of the crap that has been posted there has alternatively, offended, nauseated, shocked and frightened me--I'm not kidding! That said, my post was mostly meant to be read by Ayak, Sleeve and SurvivorBlows. While offensive and redundant material must be moved; their is a sane and logical way to go about it. Humiliating and verbally assaulting well-meaning, possibly misguided and probably new posters is inaffective at best and scares off new posters that might actually have something useful to say; I think a much better aproach IMO, would be to gently scold the offenders and point them in the right direction. I think you should replace Shake&Bake, since you have the right track on this subject as I see it. I'm very serious. IMHO, you would know just which posts to target and deal with them in a highly effective and fair matter. Contrary to what some might falsely believe, I am open to contructive, intelligent, helpful ctiticism like yours. *Note: If you happen to catch either a thread of mine, or a reply to one that you find objectionable or problematic in anyway; I would be greatly indepted to you for your feedback; as I am new at this, and I desperately want to learn. We need more helpful posters like you on this board, IMHO ! Please feel free to skewer me anytime you see me on spoilers .

Posted by MakeItStop on 04-11-02 at 12:04 PM
Thanks for the kind words Teddy_Bear. But just to let you know, I'm not the "skewering" type. I wish that people would restrain themselves and think before they post. Then we could ALL be happy. Welcome to SurvivorBlows!

Posted by Teddy_Bear on 04-11-02 at 12:36 PM
Thank you, It's mutual. I do agree with you that people should think first and post later. My real problem with, "Shakes," in addition to him being a hevy-handed bully; is he targets the wrong people IMHO. While posters who are seeking glory would be better off being directed to fanatics; besides taking up space on the board, what harm are they really causing? The posters that are much more troublesome, IMO, are the one's who post questionable spoilers that only serve to confuse and frustrate the spoiling community: ie., Patricia's Early Show Chat--I met no Rotu, for example. My main peeve is people who glean theories from vague and misleading sources and statements: ie.,: Gina says Rob's really a great guy; so what? This clearly means he is booted tonight. Maybe yes, maybe no. IMO, if the Robfather does indeed get the boot; it would have no relevance to Gina's conversation. Please feel free to elaborate and if possible to be very specific as to what sort of postings on the spoiler board irritate you the most. I look forward to discussing this further and in greater detail .

Posted by Drive My Car on 04-11-02 at 03:46 PM

Teddy Bear, this isn't the spoiler board. It is the Love Cruise board, your ideas about Patricia's Early show interview and Gina's chat can be disscussed there. There are several threads where there is already discussion of these very topics. To get a good idea of what kind of posts are considered useful on the Spoiler board, read some of the threads there for awhile, you will see pretty quickly how it works , and is kept organized. Sleeeve has an excellant thread listing the guidelines, you will most likely find it on page 2 or 3 of the spoiler forum.

This forum is for Love Cruise comments and disscussion only, and that show ended months ago.

Welcome to Survivor Blows

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 04-11-02 at 10:42 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-02 AT 10:47 PM (EST)

Teddy, some facts as I see them:

1) At the time of the posting, you had about 25+ posts under your belt

2) if you are still not understanding neither the well documented nor the unspoken rules of this community (I count at least two situations, first the spoilers posting and now the posting of this very off-topic thread on the Love Cruise forum) in my opinion you deserve to get some flack -- if you haven't figured things out in 50+ postings, how many more is it going to take? How patient are we supposed to be with you? ...you clearly admit you've seen others being flamed but didn't learn anything from it. ...if seeing others be flamed didn't cause you to be more deliberate in your postings, are we reallty suppsoed to believe that "gently scolding" would have been something that would have been more effective? I seriously doubt it.

3) if you have issues with another poster and meant it to only be read by "by Ayak, Sleeve and SurvivorBlows" then don't post it in a public forum, that's what private email is for.

4) The facts remain that your thread was a rather naive rumor and SB's spoiler forum is a serious spoiler forum. It is NOT like the EZBoard's you mentioned, and therefore set your expectations accordingly. When you post a rumor that's one step above "my uncle the cameraman," you should expect to get some strong criticism. If you can't take criticism, then don't post. This spoiler community has always had a "no-nonsense, high quality" reputation (just ask around) -- and I personally am interested in keeping it that way. Do we maybe hold the bar higher than some other places -- absolutely, and I don't see the problem with that, I wouldn't have it any other way.

5) Obviously you have not lurked here as much as you think, because you'd realize that shakes has been reined in and this is the kindler, gentler, approach (it's kindler, gentler -- not spoon-fed with a lollipop for desert.)

-SB