URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 2798
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"AI8 Should Win/Will Will Predictions"

Posted by Snidget on 05-20-09 at 05:30 AM
If this was a dictatorship of one, who would win American Idol and who would you relegate to the last loser of the season?

Do you think America agrees with you?

Should Win

Adam Lambert. He's be at a higher level of performance all season than Kris. Kris does have the best growth story, but it took several weeks before he finally came into his own.

Will Win

Producers Bank Accounts, the Idols bank accounts will lose because AI doesn't even provide airfare for past winners to go to the Finale. (see TMZ catching up with Ruben at the airport).

Oh alright.

Kris will win.

Adam has been a like him or hate him contestant all season so I don't see him being able to grow his fan base much heading into the finals. Kris doesn't offend so he'll get more of the fans of other idols voting for him.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: AI8 Should Win/Will Will Predictions"
Posted by true on 05-20-09 at 07:10 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-09 AT 07:12 AM (EST)

Tough choices!

Should win:

I could make a case for either one for entirely different reasons. As far as overall entertainment spanning the entire season, no contestant has been as consistantly good as Adam. For that reason, Adam should win.

Will win:

Kris. Like Snidge says, you either love or hate Adam, and his haters will be motivated to cast votes against him for Kris. I'll even go as far as to believe that Kris will land he bigot vote, and sadly, there is a bigot vote.

All along, I've thought Adam was talented, but not really right for the AI title. Yes, he changed the show, but AI translates to mega-success for more vanilla contestants like Carrie. Adam will be successful, but not as a singles artist forced to sing crap like that Kara coronation dreck, IMO. He belongs on stage where he really shines.

Kris could be molded into a moneymaking AI machine. Tweek him toward country, and you could have the male Carrie Underwood.

Either way, it's been a great season.

Posted by Glow on 05-20-09 at 08:10 AM
I don't think Kris should be molded or tweeked toward anywhere. He's perfect for what he already does. I'm not saying he couldn't use some tweeking. I'm saying I wouldn't want them to force him in a different direction.

FWIW, I don't think Carrie (or Kelly after her first album) is vanilla.

I have no opinions on the should or will wins. I mean, I have lots of opinions but I don't have choices. Either one fits either category.

Posted by true on 05-20-09 at 10:06 AM
>FWIW, I don't think Carrie (or
>Kelly after her first album)
>is vanilla.

Oh, I agree, but as an AI contestant, Carrie was nowhere near what she has been molded, as AI winner, to become. Not even close. Carrie and Kelly were both girl next door types on the show, and Kris fits that type. They all appeal to middle of the road America, where Adam has a much more defined style that doesn't have as broad appeal, IMO. AI is bubblegum pop/country appealing at it's core, and that is why I don't think Adam fits the AI mold. (and that's a good thing!)

I hear a bit of country twang in Kris, and while he may go another direction, I belive that if he were to go semi-country he could be as big a success as Carrie.

Posted by Glow on 05-20-09 at 11:14 AM
That would hurt my heart a little. It'd be worse than Daughtry running into the arms of generic rock to sell records... a place where David Cook already resided when he came on the show. (like Creed or Nickelcrap. HA! I saw a comedian the other night that won his way into my heart by saying if Creed took a poop, Nickelback would come out. Nickelback is Creed poop!) I love Kris Allen but he is not country any more than you could categorize Bucky Covington as Jason Mraz-y. Would I buy a Kris Allen "country" album? Of course I would. The same as I buy Daughtry goes generic albums.

Bottom line? Kris needs to be allowed to steer his own vehicle. He already knows who he is.

Posted by Tahj on 05-20-09 at 11:31 AM
He already knows who he is.

Then watch out for the "Jesus Rock" CD. *runs*

It's a Tribe!

Posted by Glow on 05-20-09 at 11:40 AM
Have you heard any of his original music?

Posted by DoodleBug on 05-20-09 at 12:21 PM
Yes, and it's GREAT!

Posted by zazzy on 05-20-09 at 12:17 PM
I think you have him confused with Danny.

Posted by Tahj on 05-20-09 at 12:56 PM
I was just kidding y'all! Danny and Kris both have strong Christian backgrounds but neither will probably go the Christian music route.

It's a Tribe!

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 05-20-09 at 07:29 AM
Should win: Based on the season AND last night's show - Adam. Although I'm a Kris fan I'm not an Adam hater. I simply like Kris a bit more as he's the type of artist I like and buy, ie Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz.

Adam - I would see in concert in a heartbeat but will probably not buy a cd, although I could see him having 1 or 2 songs I would download.

Will win: For all the reasons both Snidge and True stated - Kris.

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq
06/09/2009 Bre gets a hug from Mom

Posted by emydi on 05-20-09 at 08:50 AM
Should: Both, but Adam shouldn't more so I guess, Kris

Will: Kris by fewer than 2 million votes

Posted by zombiebaby on 05-20-09 at 09:27 AM
Should win: Adam. I voted. This is the second time I have ever voted(the first was for Sanjaya). I think it would be good for AI if he wins. It would be a nice change.

Will win: Kris

Sadly I think and agree there will be a "bigot" vote. I dont' want to take away from Kris though. He would be a good winner as well. He just would not be different. He did great and I really would not have any problem with either of these two winning.

This is probably the best choice of a final two ever.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 05-20-09 at 10:00 AM
I don't know what the rest of your post said as I couldn't get past the "first was for Sanjaya" part.

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq
06/09/2009 Bre gets a hug from Mom

Posted by Tahj on 05-20-09 at 11:33 AM
Should win:
Adam

Will win:
Adam

It's a Tribe!

Posted by SilverStar on 05-20-09 at 11:59 AM
Should: Both. Either. But of course I'm pulling more for Kris.

Will: I honestly don't know. I have to say I am surprised to see so many of you voting Kris, because I've always thought that Adam would take it. I don't know whether I'm just used to Kris being ignored, or Adam being overpimped, but I still kind of expect Adam to win tonight.

Posted by zazzy on 05-20-09 at 12:23 PM
^^I'm with SilverStar.

I voted for Kris. I didn't get through much and I didn't vote solidly--after 10 or 20 busy signals in a row I would wait ten minutes or so and try some more.

I did have twinges though of wanting to vote for Adam. I appreciate his talents.

Posted by SilverStar on 05-20-09 at 12:32 PM
I called Adam's number a couple of times just to see if it was as busy as Kris'. I think I only got 1 actual vote through for Adam, but I didn't try that many times. How shitty will I feel if Adam wins by 1 vote?!

Posted by Glow on 05-20-09 at 12:36 PM
In the same way that everybody expected Archuleta to win last year?

"What he does is original, deliberate, and intentional. He knows what he's doing and why. He is so superior to any of the other contestants that he really doesn't even belong there." - Tahj

Posted by SilverStar on 05-20-09 at 12:46 PM
Heh. Yes. Exactly like that. Hmmm. You've given me a little more hope that Kris might win. Yay!

Posted by DoodleBug on 05-20-09 at 02:25 PM
Not everybody. Jus' sayin'.

Posted by seahorse on 05-20-09 at 12:31 PM
I won't be disappointed no matter who wins.

Should, I think Adam is more talented

Will, I think Kris is the most likely winner. He appeals to a broader cross section of people in many different age groups.

Posted by sylvester on 05-20-09 at 12:38 PM
Should: Adam by a mile.

Will: Kris in a squeaker, and I'm betting they topped at least 120 million votes last night. Wouldn't be surprised if they hit 150 million. I voted for Adam all night, but couldn't get through much until more than 3 hours in.

That friggin' song was so bad, I'm happy Kris will get stuck with it instead of Adam. (I like Kris too, but I flove me some Adam)

Posted by DoodleBug on 05-20-09 at 12:45 PM
Should Win: I agree with everyone who said "either". You know, they both bring something different to the stage that I like equally - just depends on my mood.

Will Win: I think Kris will pull it out with less than a million between them. I sent my votes to Kris last night... that is when I could get through!

Future prediction.... Adam will be the first AI contestant to win a Tony (unless Constantine wins this year).

Posted by kingfish on 05-20-09 at 01:52 PM
They both probably have a career in front of them that has them earning much more than the prize money. So it's not really important who wins.

For the record, I see Adam as a second coming of Freddy Mercury or Robert Plant, with comparable success if he can find the songs (Hex on Kara).

Adam is the more talented, so on that basis Adam should win.

I don't vote.

Posted by Belle Book on 05-20-09 at 06:58 PM
Who Should Win:

Kris Allen. I think he was a little better at the end, when it most counted. Besides, I don't like Adam when he's screaming.

Who Will Win:

It's too close to call, but I'm going to say Kris will win by a small margin. Snidget's right -- Adam's a love him or hate him contestant. That will hurt him in the end.