URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 2784
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Who is going to win?"

Posted by zazzy on 05-11-09 at 10:10 AM
An all male F3. An AI first. Who's going to win? And while we're at it, who is your pick? They may not be one and the same.

Producer's pick: Adam before the show even started last summer

Never been in the bottom 3, ever pick: Danny

Dark horse pick: Kris

Google trends pick: Adam

Adam, Danny, Kris worldwide: http://tinyurl.com/q6xg79

Adam, Danny, Kris, US: http://tinyurl.com/qjpls9

And how does Adam compare to the winners from the past 5 years?

Worldwide: http://tinyurl.com/rcvh9w

Adam vs. past 4 years' winners (Carrie, Taylor, Jordin, David), US:

http://tinyurl.com/pmjl8y

Adam's peak on Google trends is from when he sang Mad World on April 7 and the show ran long and most DVR's didn't get the performance. AI did him a favor by running over, it appears.

I've been wondering if there is any way the finale could be Kris/Adam (or Kradam). After looking on the web, I'm thinking that's still just a long shot, no matter how hopeful I get. Does anyone think Kris can make the F2?

I think the voting base for Danny is locked in, despite any type of Danny performance on Tuesday. He'll probably say something about his voice being shot from last week's scream or having to sing so much on hometown visit day. Plus, VFTW is voting Danny now.

So, as much as I want Kris to make the F2, no matter how well he sings, I don't think he'll get much from the judges to help his case. And that means a Danny/Adam F2...and if that's the case, Adam for the win and Adam's the one I want to win.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Who is going to win?"
Posted by Tahj on 05-11-09 at 10:43 AM
I think Danny Gokey will win.

I think Adam should win, ideally, but as long as he's there to the end and I get to see him, I don't care if he wins. He will have a great start on a career. I'm more interested to see what his first CD will be like and then what kind of career he will have.

It's a Tribe!

Posted by emydi on 05-12-09 at 08:50 AM
I do too...the sect and VFTW will come out in full force for him...and the TPTB deserve it

I my world, Kris wins with Adam leaving this week and Danny gettin Archuletaed...imagine the you tube videos of frauen and the sect screaming...

Posted by Glow on 05-11-09 at 10:48 AM
"Does anyone think Kris can make the F2?"

yep. Of course, I sometimes like to pretend that what should happen will happen.

Posted by Snidget on 05-11-09 at 10:52 AM
Well maybe AI will show only the I lost my lyric sheet parts of the Gokey's home town visit and will use all the other tricks to throw him under the bus. Weird judges choice he never heard before, mess up the sound mixing, autotune the background singers to a different key, make sure his song choice isn't cleared until Tuesday afternoon, but only his 15th choice of a song..

Oh who am I kidding, even if the wanders around on stage with his back to the audience live on Tuesday night for the entire song Danny will be safe and probably win.

Posted by emydi on 05-12-09 at 08:51 AM
you think TPTB will edit out this?

Posted by Glow on 05-12-09 at 09:02 AM
That is freaking awesome.

Posted by DoodleBug on 05-11-09 at 10:51 AM
My Season 8 idol journey.... (LOL)

From auditions, I knew Danny and Adam would do well. I had high hopes for Lil, Anoop and Matt also from Hollywood week. Then out of nowhere came Kris Allen.....

"Man in the Mirror" from the top 36 was the first performance that I remembered seeing from him. I liked it but was a little shocked that he was in the top 3 (Adam and Allison were the other two) because of his lack of pimpage from Hollywood Week. I thought Jesse or Megan would have grabbed #3. But it was cute little Kris that landed himself in the top 12 (sorry 13).

Kris has been the dark horse all season long. He has slowly gotten better, IMO. He has picked great songs, great arrangements, and has never really fallen flat. I think he has a mega-fanbase in the midwest (where I sit) that could possibly pull a top 2 for him. If he does his song stripped down with just him and the guitar, he will be top 2. And stay humble!! It's endearing - no one likes a puffed up snooty guy who claps for himself.

Adam has been consistently good because he IS good. He set the bar so high early on that he really couldn't do any better - his journey has been all about how the public has perceived him. People have tuned in to see what was going to happen next with him (like it or not). I think "Track of My Tears" was a turning point for him (was for me) - and then "Mad World" sealed the deal. If he tones it down on one of his two songs, he'll be in the top 2 for sure. However, most of the people that I talk to around here (co-workers and friends) do NOT like him and do not want him to win.

Danny peaked early on and has fallen steadily for me. I even have a sigpic with his picture on it that I haven't posted in a LONG time.... A lot of people were put off by the backstory (not me), which may or may not have been his doing. A lot of people I talk to think he is smug and entitled and do not want him to win as a result. I think he will be another Ruben if he wins. He'll most likely make a gospel record because that's what he knows and that's probably the genre where he belongs (he's most comfortable there). I predict that he sings a gospel song as his pick. If he does, he may not make it to the top 2. Simon will call it indulgent or something like that and seal his fate... This is why I don't want him to win. I have watched some interviews with him saying he has struggled with song choice because all he knows is gospel. While there isn't anything wrong with that, that genre is not what idol's are made of.

So the folks around here would love to see Kris win. Do they vote? They haven't yet, but maybe on finale night! I am hoping for a Kradam finale because I would buy a record from either one of them. I also think either one of them would fill an arena too. They both bring something different to the stage and I like them both - and I think they are the best and DESERVE the final 2. So I'll be voting for Kris this week hoping to see him on stage again the next week!

Who do I want to see win? Anyone but Danny. I think Adam will win but wouldn't it be cool to see Kris win it all?!? I do.

Posted by zazzy on 05-24-09 at 09:16 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-09 AT 09:17 AM (EST)

WTG, Doodlebug! You called it all!

Danny put a gospel-ish section into YASB.

Kris did the stripped down performance. "Heartless"!

Adam sailed through but did not follow your advice about toning down one of the songs in the F3, but they only sang two songs this year, not three, at this stage. He did reprise "Mad World" at F2, though. So maybe he belatedly took your advice. ;)

We got the Kradam finale.

And it was cool to see Kris win.

You rock!

Posted by Corvis on 05-11-09 at 04:35 PM
Adam will win and he should win.

I like Kris okay, but he's not as good as Adam is. Danny just annoys me now.

Posted by Knight on 05-11-09 at 07:19 PM
After having read America Loves American Idol
I think that Adam will win - and Kris should come in 2nd
because he reminds me of Archuleta - so I would think
that Danny is going home this week.

Posted by mhdallas on 05-12-09 at 06:39 AM
Simon Cowell: Adam Lambert will win 'Idol'
May 11, 2009, 6:48 PM EST
CHICAGO (AP) -- "American Idol" judge Simon Cowell says he thinks Adam Lambert will win this season of the popular singing competition show.

Cowell told Oprah Winfrey on Monday's episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that his money is on Lambert because the contestant is fearless, unique and "he's got swagger."

As in most cases, I agree with Simon 100%. I think it'll be Adam, Danny, and then Kris - but all three will have deals soon after the finale, so the final order doesn't really matter that much, although it would be great to see Adam get it because he's by far the most professional and accomplished performer.

Posted by Tahj on 05-12-09 at 10:24 AM
But it's just this kind of pre-show prediction that can backfire on the contestant. During last year's final Simon was sure David Archuleta would win and said so. He turned out to be wrong by a mile.

It's a Tribe!

Posted by Glow on 05-12-09 at 12:53 PM
Funny. All I remember from last year is him saying that David Cook should and would win. Or was I just catching his subliminal messages?

Posted by Tahj on 05-12-09 at 01:26 PM
Ha! He could have. I'm also basing it on what I read in this week's TV Guide. He said he thought David A. was going to win hands down and had referred to his performance as a "knockout."

It's a Tribe!

Posted by emydi on 05-12-09 at 02:37 PM
in a recent tv guide, I recall Simon saying Danny would win...Danny would have only an American following but Adam was a world wide star

Posted by Tahj on 05-12-09 at 10:27 AM
As a side note, if either Kris or Gokey win, I wonder if Jesus music will go mainsteam.

It's a Tribe!
Ick. *shudder*

"Going all out"
Posted by zazzy on 05-12-09 at 04:20 PM
Simon really, really doesn't want Kris in the finale.

Maybe he gets a bonus if the finale is Danny-Adam.

From Mjsbigblog:

"Simon Cowell tells Brian Kilmead of Fox and Friends that he wants Danny Gokey in the final with Adam Lambert because Kris Allen is not a good enough singer to compete with Adam."

She's posted the video. I don't have the time or stomach to watch it right now.

The logic of that critique is so flawed. This after Danny stunk up the stage last week.

Sometimes I just hate this show.

"RE: Going all out"
Posted by DoodleBug on 05-12-09 at 04:46 PM
I watched it. I was kind of worthless really. The comment was so unfair to Kris.

Posted by Harleygirl on 05-12-09 at 04:45 PM
A female was to win. It has gone female , male since the show started.
I wanted Alexis to win.
She was young and hip and as the Judges kept saying
"SHE CAN SING".