URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 278
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Bo Bice"

Posted by Angelfood on 02-23-05 at 12:11 PM
Uh, someone needed to start this. Let's discuss. Good, bad or indifferent. And he didn't get much play until hollywood.

I'm liking him more.

His rock voice is great. Will he be able to get thru the theme weeks? Can he only do rock? should he adapt to other styles? Is it feasible to sing every type of song with his rock style? Should he stay true to what he is OR be flexible? Has this helped or hurt contestants in the past (John Stevens and Josh Gracin come to mind). The judges can't make up their minds either.

And I noticed with the girls show last night, that he was very enthusiastic and supportive of them, really cheering and grooving (unlike crabby Constantine). He and Anwar & Scott were the most visible. He seems like a great guy and I like that.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Bo Bice"
Posted by Java on 02-23-05 at 12:38 PM
I'd do him.

Seriously, I liked him from the tryouts; he seems very genuine. I much prefer a rocker to a boyband singer. I do hope he loses the earthchild outfit next week, tho.

He's kind of the anti-Constantine (and I am so sick of them cramming the big C down my throat!).

His name reminds me of that three stoges alphabet song... B-A Ba, B-E Be, B-I Bickey Bi, B-O Bo Bice...

Posted by Marlene NL on 02-23-05 at 01:32 PM
I think he is very good. Much better then most of the guys.
Guys like antony fedorov (something like that) ,david brown and jared jates made me fell asleap
Bo will always keep me awake . great voice

Posted by BriarRosie on 02-23-05 at 01:59 PM
>I'd do him.

Get in line behind me. I'd like to get lost in his rock and
roll.

>Seriously, I liked him from the
>tryouts; he seems very genuine.
> I much prefer
>a rocker to a boyband
>singer. I do hope
>he loses the earthchild outfit
>next week, tho.

That's the only thing I didn't care for. He and Nadia both
looked like they'd fit into a "Hair" revival. Loved their
singing, though.

As for song choices, I would lvoe Bo to choose anything from
The Eagles, if the show has rights to use their music.

>His name reminds
>me of that three stoges
>alphabet song... B-A Ba, B-E
>Be, B-I Bickey Bi, B-O
>Bo Bice...

Heheheh. Yes! I cracked up when I read this.

I'm older than Bo by a few years, but I still have a crush on him.

"Love him"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 02-23-05 at 01:46 PM
I, too, liked him in the initial Holywood shots of him. When they did the 'three rocker' montage, dh and I both commented on his voice. I don't think he'll have a problem performing various styles at all. His voice isn't at all confined to 'rock' as far as I see it. I think he could easily be flexible while still staying true to what he is. For example, he could easily pick a Motown song and 'rockify' it. Same goes with just about any song. But he certainly has the pipes for ballads.

Got blog?

"RE: Love him"
Posted by ginger on 02-23-05 at 01:54 PM
He is infinitely better than the "rockers" we had last year. Would be shocked if he won, though.

Posted by emydi on 02-23-05 at 01:56 PM
I love him now too!!! He wasn't showcased at all before this imo.

I think he will stay true to who he is and be able to handle themes...there's enough songs on the AI lists that he will be okay

I noticed too that he was cheering on the gals a lot last night, but only certain ones...esp. Nadia and Aloha....and they were pretty much the ones I liked too.

I like him much more than "GET OVER YOUR DAM SELF ALREADY" Constantine. I think after this week, BO will replace Constantine as the Rocker with charisma.. and will outlast the earlier favorite in Constantine.

Posted by shedevil on 03-10-05 at 10:02 PM
I love Bo, Constantine is my favorite in general but I think Bo is the best out of the whole competition so far.

Posted by brvnkrz on 02-23-05 at 01:59 PM
I love him. Originally I thought I liked Constantine better but after this week I put Bo above him.

It's a Syren.
From now on I will behave but in the back of my mind I will be enslaved.

"Bo vs. Constantine"
Posted by niteowl on 02-23-05 at 06:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-05 AT 06:12 PM (EST)

I still like the Constantine better. I think it took cojones to sing that Seal song, it always turns out badly, but I liked it. And I'm an old mom, but everytime he smiles through his eyelashes I grin goofily at the TV! And my 17 and 12 year old daughters do too! Go figure! But he needs to comb his hair!
OH, and Bo is not a rocker...seems more country to me..?

"RE: Bo vs. Constantine"
Posted by brvnkrz on 02-24-05 at 09:27 AM
I'm starting to like Constantine less. I find that look through his eyelashes to be a bit manufactured. Like his agent told him to make that look. I do agree that choosing Seal's song was a difficult one and I do give him Kudos for going out on a limb like that.

It's a Syren.

"Agree"
Posted by PagongRatEater on 02-24-05 at 09:32 AM
Bo is a nicer, more genuine guy AND a much better singer. Was Constantine's song more difficult? Yeah, but I didn't think he pulled it off. Constantine really does seem to be a little bit 'affected'.

Go Bo Go.

"RE: Agree"
Posted by brvnkrz on 02-24-05 at 09:44 AM
Yes, "affected" is the word I was looking for when I said manufactured.

Bo knows.

It's a Syren.

"RE: Agree"
Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 02-24-05 at 01:35 PM
I really liked, Tino in the beginning... now I'm not so sure... looking back the whole 'band being pissed' seems fake as well. He makes me feel set up..... like I was somehow manipulated...

hmm, like THAT could that happen on TV......

Posted by greenmonstah on 02-23-05 at 02:02 PM
I need to hold off judgement for a bit longer. I am prejuidiced against over the hill rockers. I just hate his hair...I know, I know. I am an agist and a hairist.

But you will be happy to know I don't vote or text my vote in.

Posted by callalilly3000 on 02-23-05 at 02:21 PM

Bo is my favorite so far. I usually do not go for the rocker type, but he is awesome.

I don't think he is that great looking, but I do like his voice.

Slice and Dice Shop 2004

Posted by greenmonstah on 02-23-05 at 02:23 PM
How mature of you!

I will pay better attention next go around.

*smooch*

Posted by callalilly3000 on 02-23-05 at 02:29 PM

AI brings out the teenager in me! I love it!

*smooches* right back at ya!

Posted by Ricky on 02-23-05 at 02:44 PM
He has a GREAT voice. It'll be interesting to see how he does with the non-rock songs though.

Bo knows rock and roll.

Posted by Roo on 02-23-05 at 03:15 PM
Loved his performance. He's different than most guys we've seen on this show, and it's refreshing. I also go for the hunky, long hair thing .

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by nailbone on 02-23-05 at 03:54 PM
Well, he's my favorite so far, he and Judd. But I'm a rocker, so it figures.

I too wanna see how he does with other styles, though.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Posted by Loquatrix on 02-23-05 at 09:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-05 AT 09:10 PM (EST)

Right on, nailbone! Rockers unite behind Bo! He's the real deal; his trademark is his expressiveness. Loved his version of Drift Away. Constantine, on the other hand, is an Eddie Vedder wannabe whose trademark is having slightly-longer-than-normal hair. Liked his choice of a Seal song, but would have much preferred to hear Bo singing it!! I imagine he was pouting because he knows he was out-rockered by Bo. I hope Constantine goes soon, so he doesn't split "rocker" votes away from Bo, who is the genuine article.

Bo's real. I could put him to work in the studio *tomorrow*. I actually voted for the first time ever on AI, and it was for Bo. So there you go, he has to win now.

Posted by badger on 02-23-05 at 07:26 PM
he was very enthusiastic and supportive of them, really cheering and grooving (unlike crabby Constantine)

constantine was very pouty last night.

i thought bo out-sang constantine on monday night, but i hope that both "rockers" are kept around for a little while.

Posted by redheaded_sweetheart on 02-24-05 at 00:31 AM
I agree - I like both of them, but Bo is my fav

Posted by tig_ger on 02-24-05 at 06:59 PM
He was Mr. Tigger's favorite last week, and my second favorite. We like him. We always like the rockers though.

He was my second favorite only because the song he was singing is an easy song without a lot of range.

A Syren Original

"Constantine Conspiracy"
Posted by PagongRatEater on 02-24-05 at 07:43 PM
Was it just me or did it seem like Fox was making us fear for Constantine by leaving him on the stage when he was in no eminent danger last night? Perhaps motivating his fans to vote in greater numbers in the future.

Just seemed odd that they "skipped" Constantine even though he wasn't in the bottom two in his row.

"RE: Constantine Conspiracy"
Posted by okaychatt on 02-25-05 at 10:27 AM
<Fox was making us fear for Constantine

I think he's a favored child for the producers, so we can expect more attempts at shaping our votes.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by Sweety Tweety on 02-26-05 at 07:42 PM

I think he's a favored child for the producers, so we can expect more attempts at shaping our votes.

Exactly!! The producers are alot more involved then we think!

Sweety Tweety

Posted by udg on 03-01-05 at 01:48 PM
I wasn't sure if:
1) He somehow ended up in a different order from Ryan's list, causing Seacrust to skip him.
2) Constantine was way too cocky, and someone wanted to send him a message.
3) It was a conspiracy.

I was sure:
1) It was really freaking stupid.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004
*smooches* for the RatEater.

"RE: Pro Bo!"
Posted by Sweety Tweety on 02-26-05 at 07:21 PM

Good, very good! He was the only one to impress me. He does have a great rock voice, and I think he will be able to out last many of the others.

I only want him to make it to the top twelve, which I think he just might. Will he be able to perform during such ridiculous theme weeks such as "big band"? That remains to be seen. I just hope he can pull it off.

Go Bo!

Sweety Tweety

Posted by suziekay on 02-27-05 at 04:17 AM
Contantine is clearly the one they are pushing for. He's younger than Bo so they will hit the younger market.
A few months ago I saw Randy Jackson on a talk show and he already prdicted it would be a male that wins this year.
Dah?
Girl-Pop singer
Male- R&B singer
Girl- R&B singer
And even though he didn't win, He's out sold any of the other contestents, Clay, Male- Pop singer.

I think this year it may very well be a male rock singer. What better way then to boost ratings than put Bo and Constantine against each other like they tried to do last year with the Divas, Fantashia, LaToya and Jennifer, If anyone remembers that. It backfired on them.

I thought they might try to push toward the latin market this year too but I don't think they are ready for country yet. After all Simon doen't get country music.

My vote, or the CD I would buy right now would be for BO. If they could just bring him out of the 60's and 70's with a make over.

Posted by niteowl on 02-27-05 at 06:02 AM
Aren't Bo and Constantine the same age? Constantine is 29, so Bo can't be older than him. But you're right, I think Connie seems younger. And I smile back everytime he smiles at me!

Posted by okaychatt on 02-27-05 at 12:12 PM
Agreed - Bo has the better voice, but I'd much rather look at Constantine, and he's the producers' fav at the moment, I think.

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. This isn't a contest of merit. It's a contest of who can sell the most albums and create the biggest fan base.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by sweetpea on 02-28-05 at 09:10 PM
He is the real deal. I think he is so far above the talent of the rest of the men.

"WOWZA!!!"
Posted by Angelfood on 02-28-05 at 10:08 PM
ohmigosh, ok, now? i LUV HIM!!!

I want to see him sing everything from Alice in Chains to R&B.

Woo hoo! Gave me goosebumps. and more. ....

and, His line is pretty busy.

"RE: WOWZA!!!"
Posted by sweetpea on 02-28-05 at 10:10 PM
I agree. I've been calling since 24 ended in Chicago and no busy signals.

Posted by popcorn_with_sam on 02-28-05 at 11:42 PM
>I agree. I've been calling since
>24 ended in Chicago and
>no busy signals.

I live just north of you in Lake County and I only got through for Bo once tonight.

linda

Posted by opinionated on 02-28-05 at 11:57 PM
Bo was fabulous tonight. By far my favorite. I love his voice. Close your eyes and you can just hear it on the radio, no doubt. The thing about this guy is that he's distinctive. You'd know his voice instantly--I'm not sure that you can say that about any of the other guys.

OK, so does anyone know who Bo worked for before he made it to AI? I loved that segment they did before he sang where he talked about getting fired. My husband and I were just shaking our heads. What idiotic company would fire an employee who just made it to AI? Why not milk some publicity from it, for pete's sake? So now we are both dying to know what moronic company fired him.

Posted by brvnkrz on 03-01-05 at 01:11 AM
Fantastic. I'm not sure whether he will appeal to the teeny boppers but I absolutely love him. Hoping he goes far.

It's a Syren.

Posted by suziekay on 03-01-05 at 02:02 AM
I thought Bo way out sang Constantine. I was really dissapointed in Constantine's screaming. I'm not a big hard rock fan. I don't like all the drama, swinging hair and waving mics and stuff but so far I think Bo has the best voice.

I wonder who or how it is determind who goes first or last to sing? I made up my own score card from last week and they appeared to night pretty much the way I scored them last week, Mario last and Bo in 1st.

Posted by brvnkrz on 03-01-05 at 10:05 AM
I started out a Constantine fan, but every week become less of a fan. I thought he was terrible last night. The judges said he was better than the week before but I found him to be flat throughout the entire song. I sang it better in my living room last night than he did onstage.

It's a Syren.

Posted by emydi on 03-01-05 at 10:37 AM
I think Constantine was trying to be Bo last nite...didn't work....

again WOWZA!!!

Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 03-01-05 at 02:57 PM
I was telling my husband this about Constintine last night:

He is someone you would think is reallly cute in a bar, after drinks but in the daylight you'd go 'what was I thinking'!

"YES!"
Posted by Angelfood on 03-01-05 at 04:52 PM
He reminds me so much of guys that I would like, and then after a while, we'd finally go out on a date, I would see how vain they were, and then the next day I'd say to myself, "what did I ever see in Him? So glad that I got over That crush!"
tee hee.

Now, I've moved on to Bo. Wild thing. You Mooooove me.

"RE: YES!"
Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 03-01-05 at 07:34 PM
But I want to know for sure....!

""you're fired""
Posted by niteowl on 03-01-05 at 06:17 PM
Sounds like they did him a "favor". We fire you so you get unemployment. He said "If I had quit, I wouldn't get unemployment, so they fired me". Usin' the system, people......

"RE: "you're fired""
Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 03-01-05 at 07:36 PM
that 'was' kinda dumb to say on tv...!

I'm sure there was at least one public official that took note and will be calling up for payback money though.

Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 03-01-05 at 02:54 PM
It took me about 45 minutes to get through (western Washington) and I voted power redial for about an hour.

Posted by Roo on 03-01-05 at 10:19 AM
Bo was fabulous last night. I'm a rocker by heart, and it is SO refreshing to see a talented rocker up there on stage. He has a great look, a great voice, and the moves. Go Bo!!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Breezy on 03-01-05 at 08:43 AM
I like him. Glad that the judges liked him last night too.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Sigpic by Syren.

Posted by greenmonstah on 03-01-05 at 10:08 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-05 AT 10:26 AM (EST)

Well... I suppose his hair looked cleaner last night.

A lot of the other guys are begining to blend and bore me.

Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 03-01-05 at 02:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-05 AT 03:08 PM (EST)

yeah, I wonder if ever braids it..... I'd like to see him perform without the distraction of swinging hair, although I know it's signature for 'rockers'

Posted by true on 03-01-05 at 10:56 AM
I like his voice. I thought he sounded better than the original artist with his song last night. However, those moves have got to go!

I figured something out about Constantine last night. He's not very good. I think he's only stood out because he is different, not because he is that talented.

My question is this. Would Constantine or Bo win a contest that featured ALL rockers? Of the two, I believe that Bo has a better voice, but I don't know that he's THAT great, or if he just stands out because he's different. If the show was strictly looking for "rockers", I don't think Constantine would have made the finals.

Didn't Bo say that he writes and produces his own music? I'd think that winning this contest would actually hinder him, if he wants to remain true to his genre. Would the fans who support rock really back up a guy from AI? I don't think so. I hope he gets some exposure, but doesn't win. I think he'd be better off in the long run.

The thought of either of them, especially Bo, having to compete on a Barry Manilow night, makes me cringe. Unless the producers allow the contestants to pick their own material throughout the competition, I don't think he stands a chance.

Posted by volsfan on 03-01-05 at 11:26 AM
Thank you so much true! I agree with you. I don't how good he is or if he sticks out because he is different. Sure, he sounded better than Constantine lastnight but is that really saying a lot? I am not a fan of hard rock and maybe that is why I am not a big Bo fan.

Posted by emydi on 03-01-05 at 04:41 PM
He may not win but he could but I think no matter what he will get a record deal out of this. You may be right, true, he may be better off going to the finals but not winning...ala Jennifer from last season.

IMO, Bo's that good in an all rock AI too---Constantine BLECH...

and I think they are not using guest judges in the finals this year.. whether they will still have "themes" I think (hope) Bo is good enough to pull it off

"TO VOTE or Not to Vote..."
Posted by Angelfood on 03-01-05 at 04:50 PM
great points, True!
yes, I wonder what this will do for his career?

So this puts us in a quandry. Do we continue to vote him through? Or do we stop all voting for him before he makes the final 12, and save him from the torture that will be the year-long AI4 Live Tour?

"RE: TO VOTE or Not to Vote..."
Posted by badger on 03-01-05 at 05:58 PM
this is a real dilemma, isn't it, with the whole AI thing. it's so focused on the "pop" orientation, that it really prevents from doing well those who would flourish in other genres, namely "rock."

i have been really disappointed in constantine. i think he did have a good audition, or at least, he seemed interesting enough for the producers to make into a "character." they obviously expected him to go far, as they've invested, so to speak, in his development on the show.

bo on the other hand mustn't have initially fit what producers were looking for (at least in the early stages). otherwise, they'd have spent more time on him during auditions, don't ya think?

i just can't imagine that bo or constantine-with-lots-of-voice-lessons could manage to pull off the song that the producers have pre-written for the finale/winner... no matter how many screeches or swinging microphones or headbangs or electric guitar riffs they add in.

Posted by jkokoj on 03-01-05 at 11:42 AM
I liked Constantine in the beginning, but he was just awful last night. Bo Bice really did an outstanding job last night. He did not stand out to our family until his performance last night. He really had that blues/rock feel and extended himself in performing.

I am a rock n roll fan, I don't think AI should hinder Bo's career in music. If the fans keep voting for him that should say it there.

I just don't think in years past that we had that really good rocker that could appeal to all the rockers across the board, plus mainstream music kids.

Posted by weltek on 03-01-05 at 04:53 PM
This guy has far more talent than John Stevens & Josh Gracin combined, so he can stay in a niche and do ok. Even if he ventures out of his niche, I think he'll end up sounding alright. He's an entertainer with a powerful voice. I can respect that.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

"But please don't do those weird dance moves again....."
Posted by niteowl on 03-01-05 at 06:23 PM
I live where the show is delayed one day and played 4 times during the day. So, I got to watch most of the guys 4 times! Bo grew on me, but I laughed out loud every time he did that jerky dance thing....reminded me of Elaine's embarassing dance from "Seinfeld". Anyway, he was really good and even though I still like Constantine, Bo did a great job.

"Bo Fan Club Initial Meeting"
Posted by Angelfood on 03-01-05 at 08:04 PM
Ok, we've been talking about joining together,

So let the first Official Meeting now come to order.

First item - what shall we call ourselves? Please post your ideas or votes.
BBFC - bo Bice fan club
ATBS - Anti-teeny-bopper supporters
Pro Bo Ho's

2nd - any cutesy mottos?

3rd - what is our platform?
Pro Bo? Anti constantine/anthony/preteengirls votes?

"Ooooh, pplease"
Posted by Coconut on 03-15-05 at 03:38 PM
I'd join a Pro Bo Ho group any day, if you just removed the out-of-place apostrophe.

Pro Bo/Anti Fangirl!

"These are not wholesome young role models. These are hideously emaciated trollops with good genes." --TeamJoisey

"RE: Ooooh, pplease"
Posted by browneyedgirl918 on 03-16-05 at 12:51 PM
I'm with you Coconut. I'd love to be a Pro Bo Ho! He's the only reason I watch Idol in the first place.

Posted by shanana banana on 03-02-05 at 08:52 AM
Although I like pop music, I am a rocker girl for sure. I LOOOOVE Bo!! He is amazing. He can sing his @ss off. He's not the typical AI looking type, but hopefully if he makes it into the top 12 the producers will help him with his look a little --- let him "keep it real" but give him a few tips so he doesn't look quite so Lynard Skynard.

Bo is the real deal. Hubby was commenting afterwards : I want to be in a band with that guy!!

I love Constantine too, but I admit that half the reason I like him is because he's totally adorable. He's a good singer, but not great. He looks good up on stage and obviously can work it. But talent-wise, Bo takes the cake as far as rockin' out.

I can wait to see how either one handle the theme weeks, if they get that far. My guess is that Bo can adapt a little better because his voice is stronger. AND he'll retain a heavy dose of originality no matter what song he does.

Posted by kathliam on 03-02-05 at 08:56 PM
I also believe that Bo will be better able to adapt to theme weeks than Constantine. In Bo's contestant information on the Idol website, he says he's been singing since he was 9 and had formal training in high school choir. OK, I would argue that qualifies as 'formal training', but it does mean he has sung styles of music other than rock. He also playes piano, guitar, bass, sax, harmonica and writes songs.

Constantine's information says he has formal voice training at Boston Conservatory, but he hasn't shown any versatility yet. And, lordy, I hated his singing Monday night.

I can't wait for them to get to theme weeks so we can see different sides of both of them.

Posted by browneyedgirl918 on 03-10-05 at 05:13 PM
Bo is so hot and so talented that if he came out dressed like a chicken singing Old McDonald, I'd still vote for him. He's got it and he knows it. But not in a conceited way like ol' Frog Lips Constantine. Bo will go far.

Posted by noirdesign2000 on 03-14-05 at 11:44 PM
Crud I shoulda browed the forums a little more before making my first post. Anyways I like bo I do but would everyone stop calling him a rocker, please? He's more of a hippy, his answers on the fox website say it all. No rocker of today worth his skin would answer like that. He's incredibly talented but a rocker? no way in heck.