URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 277
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Nikki Payne"

Posted by Canada Girl on 05-31-06 at 05:11 PM
aka The girl with the lisp that is driving some of you crazy. Have faith.

She's Canadian and I've seen some stuff on TV that she's done. She can be DAMN funny. She has a bit about Britney Spears which is absolutly hilarious. Nearly peed my pants.

I'm really hoping she brings out her a-game rather than using the annoyingness as her 'thing'.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Nikki Payne"
Posted by geg6 on 06-01-06 at 02:36 PM
I'm rooting for her.

What little we've seen so far has been pretty funny.

I really liked the guy with cerebral palsy, too.

I must have a thing for disabled comedians. Who knew?

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

Posted by Cyndimaus on 06-01-06 at 03:36 PM
I really liked the guy with cerebral palsy, too.

I liked him too. I thought it was great how he used himself as material. Sounds like he's dealt with his disability wonderfully.

I also liked Nikki and I'm glad she moved on. Look forward to seeing more of her.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Posted by Estee on 06-01-06 at 03:56 PM
Part of my dislike for her -- going beyond my view of her as a gimmick comedian, and a really annoying one -- is that taking Kaitlin would have been more in the so-called 'spirit' of the show: pretty much unknown, a new voice on the circuit, and a perspective we never get coming from the microphone. When was the last time you heard professional comedy about the nightmares of the teenage years coming from a teenager? If it was Nikki vs. Kaitlin for the last spot, I would have taken Kaitlin. The judges took Nikki. Feh.

I'm going to vote in that online poll. I know whose routine I want to see more of.

Posted by akiss4u2have on 06-07-06 at 01:50 PM
I really liked Nikki - Her bit with the speech therapist on tryouts was really funny and brought back some childhood nightmares of my own. Her therapist should have had her say She sell Sea Shell down by the Sea shore like mine did!

Andi

Posted by Barbet4242 on 06-21-06 at 09:30 PM
She made me fall down laughing. Gimmick comedian or what ever.. She is halirous and I wish she had made it futher. I would have liked to seen more of her act.

Speaking of which... are there any good sites to look though to find if she or any other of the comdians may be coming my way?

Posted by weltek on 06-23-06 at 10:26 AM
Last weekend weekend I used her "Surprise!" lisp a few times in conversation. It's become a funny thing between DH & I. That's a sign of either a good comedian ("Here's Your Sign") or a really annoying one (see "Git er done").

Posted by LittleFox on 06-30-06 at 05:00 PM
I thought she was great too. I wish she had made it into the house. But at least she got some exposure and may get more jobs now.......<>