URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 274
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Was that not the most obviously fixed veto challenge ever?"

Posted by Survivorchick on 09-05-02 at 03:13 PM
If ever there was evidence of the producers of Big Brother trying to manipulate the outcome of the game - I'd say that the model/beauty pageant challenge was it! I couldn't believe it. After all of the contestants comment on how much it would shake things up if Amy won, the contest just happens to TOTALLY favour Amy - AND they added the extra incentive of the massage just to make sure she wouldn't throw it. It isn't just coincidence that Roddy mentioned having prior conversations with Amy (that CBS recorded) about how she had to walk around for days with a book on her head.

It drives me crazy when my illusions of reality shows being reality are shattered. I need to stop being so naieve. But it's just no fun otherwise!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Was that not the most obviously fixed veto challenge ever?"
Posted by SurvivinDawg on 09-05-02 at 03:45 PM
And after ALL that has happened to this point, how does this come as a surprise?

Not only did AMY practice this in the past, but with her being shorter than the others, her lower center of gravity made her a very likely candidate to win (and for RODDY to lose with his greater height and higher center of gravity).

Fixed? Say it ain't so!

P.S. my cynicism is not directed at you, Survivorchick.

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -- Thomas Paine

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"Have you forgotten??"
Posted by CSHS79 on 09-05-02 at 04:36 PM
Practicing for challenges has always been a part of the game, it is just up to each contestant just how much they practice.Besides
this is not the first time it's been pointed out a particular challenge would favor one over the other.
I for one am glad Amy not only won but that she didn't use veto!

"RE: Have you forgotten??"
Posted by zzz on 09-05-02 at 04:44 PM
>Practicing for challenges has always been
>a part of the game,
>it is just up to
>each contestant just how much
>they practice.

If you were talking about practicing while in the house--you would be correct. But Amy practiced walking with a book on her head A LOT before she ever got in the house because she is a former beauty pageant contestant. Basically, this challenge is about as fair as if they made it a weight lifting competition (I think it is obvious that Roddy could lift more than Jason, Marci or any of the women). The BB producers knew Amy had this talent from her days practicing her posture and would almost certainly win if she tried. That is call "the fix is in". Challenges should not inherently advantage one particular contestant.