URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 2733
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"IC Poll"

Posted by BaquaR13 on 04-30-02 at 07:15 PM
Well it was Tammy who prevailed victorious last week and once again many of you predicted it correctly. There was much speculation the last two weeks that pointed to a Tammy win but this week we haven't seen as much so it may be a little tougher. Rules are:
1. Respond to this post only (let's actually see if we can go through the whole thing w/out a violation)
2. Put the name of the winner in the Subject (support goes in message)
3. If you think that person gives it away do it like this: Neleh, Paschal (Neleh wins and gives it to Paschal)
LETS VOTE!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Tammy"
Posted by hrc2u on 04-30-02 at 10:09 PM
Wow, can't believe I'm first.
I think its Tammy. Why? She's detrimined not to go. I don't think anyone else really needs it. Or, rather will have the focus to win.

hrc2u

"Sean"
Posted by bergdogg on 04-30-02 at 10:29 PM
Sean will end Tammy's immunity streak!!! Buh bye Mrs. Leitner.

BUD SELIG SUCKS!!!! SAVE THE TWINS!!!

"Tammy"
Posted by sittem14 on 04-30-02 at 11:00 PM
She's gonna keep winning 'em until she loses (duh). She's just gonna whip a.. and I'm not sure when her winning streak is gonna stop.

"Tammy"
Posted by corcam on 04-30-02 at 11:18 PM
Tammy will continue her winning streak

Although it really does erk me that we have absolutely no clue on what the immunity challenge is going to be this week, plus with the 2 other weeks where we were just handed the winner, that erks me even more with the word WHY? :S

"Tammy"
Posted by cowboyroo on 05-01-02 at 00:00 AM
And she ain't givin it away! I'm not falling for that one three weeks in a row!

"Tammy"
Posted by Teddy_Bear on 05-01-02 at 01:03 AM
Tammy wins the IN yet again; she won't go down without a fight, and when she's down, no one is more determined to stay more than Tammy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Zoe: Gabe has a cute giggle.

Act Now: Keep HOPE Alive !!!

Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

"Sean"
Posted by StarvingButStrong on 05-01-02 at 10:18 AM
No particular reason.

"Sean"
Posted by wendyp on 05-01-02 at 10:24 AM
I have been leaning towards Tammy, but why did they not show anything on the IC. Well I think it is because someone else wins IC and Tammy is BYE BYE.

"Tammy"
Posted by forehead on 05-01-02 at 10:33 AM
K/N/P/S/V stick together. They would like to boot T. Let's use OFG theory: T not shown in solo preview shot (above water at least). T sticks around thanks to 3rd consecutive Immunity win.

"Tammy"
Posted by strone on 05-01-02 at 10:47 AM
Tammy is Tammy!

"Kathy"
Posted by steppingrazor42 on 05-01-02 at 10:54 AM
I'll go out on a limb here and say Kathy....I don't think the IC will be a physical...maybe a memory one, if so I don't think Tammy has it in the bag. Kathy's not the brightest bulb, but I think she'd be able to pull it off. Who ever wins it is NOT giving it away.

"Duh General"
Posted by RedRocket on 05-01-02 at 11:11 AM
Tammy wins immunity and it's time for Robert to go watch the yankees!

"Tammy"
Posted by DarkLotus on 05-01-02 at 11:48 AM
Tammy and Robert *have* to win to stay in the game, and I think Tammy's the more likely candidate than Robert.

- Dark Lotus
"My balls... my balls... my balls..." - Sean Rector

"Sean"
Posted by DeclaringJihadOnSurvivor on 05-01-02 at 12:10 PM
tam tam tam tammy tam
tam
er..NO
MB is not sending me any evil vibes
about Tammy winning again
So I am forced to bet on black.

"Tammy"
Posted by Seyz on 05-01-02 at 04:36 PM
Tammy probably.
She kicks ass in challenges.

"Tammy"
Posted by Spidey on 05-01-02 at 04:48 PM
I was thinking all week that I would be picking Tammy to get the boot. But I can't see anyone but her and Robert really gunning for IC, b/c the others don't think they need it. And since Robert is useless, that determined little bugger might just win it again.

"Sean"
Posted by BaquaR13 on 05-01-02 at 07:29 PM
C'mon, other than Tammy look at his competition, he has gotta win one sometime.

"VoTe TaLlY sO fAr..."
Posted by BaquaR13 on 05-01-02 at 07:31 PM
This is post # 18 and the first tally.
Tammy- 10 votes
Sean- 5 votes
Kathy- 1 vote
Robert- 1 vote

"Nelleh"
Posted by Naked on 05-01-02 at 07:31 PM
With no vidcaps of the IC, I'm going to assume that it is probably a mental IC of some sort. Sadly, I feel that Nelleh has the upper hand in the wits department with this group... What has Survivor come to ?

"Paschal"
Posted by soulSurvivor_23 on 05-01-02 at 08:33 PM
For no damn reason whatsoever!

"Sean"
Posted by Loree on 05-01-02 at 08:47 PM
Since the RC is physical I expect a mental game as the IC. Sean is a teacher and smarter than we give him credit for.

"Big Rob"
Posted by dabo on 05-02-02 at 01:24 AM
By the way, the above vote by RedRocket was miscast, I protest! Seriously, read what RedRocket posted, sounds like that should go on the who gets the boot vote thresd.

Anyway, if we get the traditional fire-building IC this time, maybe the foreshadowing last week of Big Rob burning everything up indicates that he finally gets tossed something he can win. Alt pick, the original Fire Nazi from ep 1: Kathy.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

"Paschal, Neleh"
Posted by I_AM_HE on 05-02-02 at 01:52 AM
for no reason whatsoever. this pick would fit more happily at F5 imho, but i'm gonna go with the schedule spoiler. and paschal winning immunity but giving it up is the only way i see him going

"Vee (Vote change from Tammy)"
Posted by cowboyroo on 05-02-02 at 01:56 AM
Sorry about the vote change, but I think Vee is our princess for the week...She gets taken on the RC by Sean (or maybe Pappy) and then wins a "game of chance" immunity like the one Rudy won in S1 where they block off squares...They haven't had one like that yet....

"Sean"
Posted by Mitrelleum on 05-02-02 at 02:03 AM
Don't really know why. Just betting on black.

"Tammy"
Posted by Bebo on 05-02-02 at 08:30 AM
Since we have nada to work with, I'll do a GUTcheck here and say Tammy continues her run. Don't "hold your breath" on her losing this round.

fluent in Sarcastic, Blahblah, and Mockery

"Tammy"
Posted by frisky on 05-02-02 at 09:42 AM
Based solely on her total determination to stay in the game.

She's proved herself in physical challenges.

I also think she could be a strong contender in a mental challenge. The skills she has as a crime reporter would give her an edge: memory, organization of info, analytical skills, etc.

Tammy continues her immunity run.

"Kathy"
Posted by lroy on 05-02-02 at 10:45 AM
If this is the memory game, I think she cna pull a rabbit out of her hat.

"Tammy"
Posted by jkokoj on 05-02-02 at 10:58 AM

"Robert"
Posted by Wacko Jacko on 05-02-02 at 11:12 AM
Tammy and Robert need it most. I am going with Robert this time.

"Tammy"
Posted by managerr on 05-02-02 at 11:15 AM
Can Tammy lead both the boot poll, RC Poll, and Immunity poll? Talk abou covering our bases!

"Tammy"
Posted by Swami on 05-02-02 at 12:14 PM
She has the physical & mental skills to win just about anything, and she is totally despirate this week again. Her 'story' seems missing a couple of chapters.

Second choice: Kathy. Kathy just has a "knack" for things--finding food (at two campsites!), balancing, kite flying--I have a great respect for serendipity & Kathy has it.

Swami

"Kathy"
Posted by pancho on 05-02-02 at 12:14 PM
Although I think that having Tammy win a couple more would make a better story line for MB.

"Kathy"
Posted by PagongRatEater on 05-02-02 at 12:19 PM
I don't think it is going to be Tammy and I think Robert has given up, so in a vacuum I'll go with Kathy as a previous IC winner and a competitive be-yotch.

"Vee"
Posted by FesterFan1 on 05-02-02 at 12:27 PM
We haven't been shown any footage whatsoever for this IC which leads me to believe that it's not a "camera-friendly" challenge. That rules out the Fire Starting IC, the Local History Quiz w/ a Gimmick IC (think Rudy and "I dunno"), probably the Strategy IC (like Survivor Dots from S2), and definitely the Super-Deluxe Combo-Mania IC. So, unless MB pulls a new IC out of his "Dingo Ate My Baby" hat, we're looking at only one real option...the Memory IC.

So, thinking that this is going to be an "Outwit" IC, I think Sean, Robert, and Neleh are out of the mix. I don't think Tammy wins again, because for two straight weeks we were fed pics with her and the IN. This week though, no pics and absolutely no mention of the IC anywhere. In short, all the attention is on the RC because Tammy doesn't win the IC and we have a predictable boot.

That leaves Kathy, Pappy and Vee. I like Kathy and Pappy's chances better than Vee's, but this episode is called "The Princess" and we all know how MB loves his themes. Vee is the Princess with the story arc that starts sad but ends happily with an IC win (not that she needs it).

Fester

"Checkmate, brah"--Sean, S4 E8

"Kathy"
Posted by GuessItRains on 05-02-02 at 12:50 PM
I think if Tammy was going to win they would be previewing her more as likely to go. Neleh and Robert haven't come close to winning a challenge except coconuts, which I doubt they will repeat. Paschal too seems unlikely.

If it's physical, I'd bank on Sean or Kathy. Mental, I'd bank on Kathy or Vee. Since I haven't a clue what the IC actually is, I'll stake my bet on LoudKathy.

"Tammy Fae !!!!"
Posted by katem on 05-02-02 at 01:44 PM
We have absolutely nothing to spoil with, so when in doubt, you to Lex's gut to make a decision.

"Tammy"
Posted by infinitesurvivor on 05-02-02 at 02:29 PM
Keeps it.

"Kathy"
Posted by ShowMeTheWinner on 05-02-02 at 02:37 PM
Due to lack of evidence, I shall pick Kathy over Tammy. It could be Neleh or Vee also though. Heck, it could be anybody.

"Kathy"
Posted by s_man on 05-02-02 at 02:44 PM
Like many others, with no indication of what the challenge may be, I gotta ehink its a mental one. That being said, I think Tammy's streak ends, and Kathy has as good a shot as the others.

"Kathy"
Posted by JeffGator on 05-02-02 at 02:47 PM
She should be able to hold her breath pretty long since she does a lot of snorkeling, diving, etc.

Richard Hatch/Tina Wesson/Ethan Zohn/Kathy O'Brien
"There's some milk in the fridge that's about to go bad...and there it goes."--Bobby Hill
--Pappy's getting a little happy

"Vote Tally"
Posted by s_man on 05-02-02 at 02:52 PM
This is post #42 with 40 votes and 2 tallies:

Tammy - 17
Kathy - 8
Sean - 7
Robert - 3
Vee - 2
Pascal - 2 (with 1 pass to Neleh)
Neleh - 1

"Kathy"
Posted by sleeeve on 05-02-02 at 03:19 PM
See my extensive notes in the boot poll.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

"Tammy"
Posted by jancan on 05-02-02 at 03:35 PM
I think she has been edited for an immunity run as the hardworking underdog.

"Kathy"
Posted by bebekid on 05-02-02 at 03:52 PM
I like Sleeeve's reasoning.

If it is an underwater challenge, I would agree that Kathy's martial arts and scuba diving training would be a big help. She would also have an advantage in any mental challenge.

I am of the opinion that MB will probably use a challenge at this point that would tend to DISfavor Tammy. She's not the star of the show, no need to keep her around. And nobody wants to watch the same person win IC every week (Colby)!

bebe

"Miss Kathy"
Posted by SurvivinDawg on 05-02-02 at 03:57 PM
MB likes to use allegories in his show, little analogies of something that relate to the game and its players. Kathy is being shown SHARK HUNTING. You can look at this one of two ways: Kathy is the shark doing the hunting the IC necklace, or Kathy is hunting that IC shark Tammy and taking that necklace away.

"Pappy, you smuggled! I'm so proud of you!" -- Neleh Dennis

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"RE: Kathy"
Posted by Squarepants party of one on 05-02-02 at 04:03 PM
Tammy is neck is on the choping block and she knows it. Try as she may, it's not gonna matter. Oh well, after tonight Neleh will be the only one worth looking at.

Longlive Sponge Bob

"Tammy"
Posted by SurvivaBear on 05-02-02 at 04:14 PM
She is my best guess.

Beware the Bear!

Thanks IceCat!

"Kathy alt the Judge"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 05-02-02 at 04:19 PM
I think the IC is Fire-starting and Kathy has been the keeper of the flame (even though Mara bed of sand thing didn't work for her, this is her Rotu home turf).

Robert ought to have a shot and the will, but that's also a challenge where you have to move along zip zip zip and he's kinda SLOW...

Alt Pappy because you just know he had to have been an Eagle Scout, and he's started to do well in challenges.

Sean, no, has he EVER helped out with the camp tasks?

If it's memory, the Judge, the Reporter, and the Real Estate Agent are all good listeners to details, but I think that comes later.

Oh yeah, I left off Tammy. She will NOT pull a Lil Kim and lie down and have a tantrum; she'll work her butt off but still get edged out. No more streak--struck out.

"Kath"
Posted by ejm92 on 05-02-02 at 04:24 PM
Well, I just think it's her turn again.

"Sean"
Posted by scante60a on 05-02-02 at 04:27 PM
no good reason - I'm not convinced there's even going to be an IC.

"Tammy"
Posted by samboohoo on 05-02-02 at 04:39 PM
I know, I know. I said in the IC poll that Tammy would lose this. But I think she may actually win one more and then go next week.

"Tammy"
Posted by macamrox on 05-02-02 at 04:52 PM
She's determined to win and under the most pressure.

"RE: IC Poll"
Posted by kawee on 05-02-02 at 05:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-02 AT 05:05 PM (EST)

EEEEEEEK! Damn! This is the second time I forgot to put my pick in the subject line, I think I've been eating too many "brownies"

My pick is TAMMY by the way.
sorry for the F.U.

"Kathy"
Posted by smiles on 05-02-02 at 05:08 PM
I have no clue really. I want Sean to win the IC, but I think Kathy will get it if it is a non-physical IC.

smiles

"Kathy"
Posted by Stolimadras on 05-02-02 at 05:11 PM
I agree with dawg, the shark talks point to her taking the win

"Kathy"
Posted by janisella on 05-02-02 at 05:35 PM
i dunno

"Kathy"
Posted by munson on 05-02-02 at 06:05 PM
Absolutley no information this week, unless I missed something.

Since I believe that Tammy is the boot, she obviously can't win IC. Kathy has shown great determination throughout the game, but especially in the challenges. I think she's as motivated to win the IC to get rid of Tammy as Tammy is to win to save her own butt.

I'll speculate that this is one of those "luck" IC disguised as some sort of mentally challenging game.

"Kathy"
Posted by Blueville on 05-02-02 at 06:13 PM
I think Kathy wins opening the door for Tammy to leave.

"Sean"
Posted by IceCat on 05-02-02 at 06:24 PM

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

"Sean"
Posted by Kokoro on 05-02-02 at 07:06 PM
Anyone but Tammeh
Seems more likely than Kathy (yes, I know she managed to win a couple of different styled challenges but....)

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Stop Discrimination Now

"VoTe TaLly So FaR..."
Posted by BaquaR13 on 05-02-02 at 07:13 PM
This is post # 62 with the 3rd tally. A tight race has begun...

Tammy- 22 votes
Kathy- 19 votes
Sean- 9 votes
Robert- 3 votes
Paschal- 2 votes (with one give to Neleh)
Vecepia- 2 votes
Neleh- 1 vote

"Sean, gives to Vee"
Posted by smokedog on 05-02-02 at 07:24 PM
Just a gut feeling.

"Kathy "
Posted by buckeyegirl on 05-02-02 at 07:28 PM
Because I like SurvivinDawg's theory and Tammy's winning streak has to end sometime!

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Ralph Waldo Emerson