URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 273
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"LCS #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread."

Posted by Estee on 05-30-06 at 06:00 PM
I think I'm kidding.

Regardless, anyone who wants to discuss tonight's episode before it airs on the West Coast, keep it on this thread until 1:00 a.m. EDT tonight. Thank you.

(Empty set thread! Go!)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: LCS #4 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread."
Posted by Loree on 05-30-06 at 07:57 PM
OK I am watching. I just wish they wouldn't bother showing us the really bad comics. So far we have seen BuckStar back from last year. And Skippy from "Family Ties" is there too.

Posted by Estee on 05-30-06 at 08:00 PM
And I'm down one TV, because death through defenstration is more merciful that having to broadcast the Buck Star Show again. Ye gawds. What can you say about a man whose greatest dream is to be William Hung?

Good line from Price about VH1... The lisper may drive us all insane in very short order.

Posted by Loree on 05-30-06 at 08:13 PM
Wagon Wagon Wagon.... I am already going insane.

Posted by Estee on 05-30-06 at 08:21 PM
And she beat out Colombo for the last LA spot? Oh, come on... there's natural talent and there's being a gimmick comic. Guess which category this one falls into for the first routine. Feh.

Posted by GoodnightLittleBear on 05-31-06 at 03:12 PM
I liked the guy that looks like Gene Wilder (sorry his name eludes me) but I thought the scouts were pretty accurate when they said he would be good for sitcoms.

"Theo?"
Posted by Estee on 05-30-06 at 08:10 PM
Would someone check in on Vols and make sure he hasn't gone out the window?

"checking in..."
Posted by volsfan on 05-30-06 at 08:22 PM
I am still here! I just about fell out when I saw him! Who knew?

*waves* to Estee

"RE: checking in..."
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 05-30-06 at 11:16 PM
I knew -- sorry, meant to mention it and forgot!

Posted by Estee on 05-30-06 at 08:22 PM
And Jim Wiggins is back. This is the kind of return appearance I can stand. Let's see if he makes it to the house ocean liner this time.

Posted by volsfan on 05-30-06 at 08:23 PM
I liked Jim before and hope he goes far.

The woman with the lisp is already all over my nerves.

Posted by Loree on 05-30-06 at 08:32 PM
I liked Jim last year. Too bad he didn't make it. Instead we are going to get who they think will make "Good Drama" in the house, I mean ship.

"Good Drama=Bad Show"
Posted by newsomewayne on 05-31-06 at 06:11 AM
And that is why I think season 2 sucked so much. The comedians as a group may have been funnier, but the 45 minutes before the face-off was so much forced drama, instead of letting the comedians be funny around the house, like season 1.

Please producers, put funny people into funny situations. Let them be funny. I don't feel like laughing at stand-up after 40 minutes of bickering, crying, name calling, and all that other crap that was the season 2 house.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

"RE: Good Drama=Bad Show"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 05-31-06 at 11:01 AM
The big difference between Season 1 and Season 2 was a new team of producers -- the Project Runway/Top Chef folks took over for Season 2.

And unfortunately for Season 1 fans, the Season 2 (and 3) producers are back for Season 4.

Posted by Estee on 05-30-06 at 08:33 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-30-06 AT 08:34 PM (EST)

No, he didn't even make the forty. I can't complain too much, though -- the Tempe group was pretty strong, and he was up against tough competition.

This Capital One free pass gives the show its first really annoying sponsor, but it also starts pointing to who the audience is finding funny -- not the potentially overjaded judges.

Posted by volsfan on 05-30-06 at 08:37 PM
Yes, I agree the Tempe group was strong and I haven't really been upset with any of the decisions yet. The audience participation will help...I think.

Posted by Estee on 05-30-06 at 08:48 PM
Will we have forty by the end of the two hours? Will we have twenty? Will anyone notice that when our so-called absent host mentioned the success of the previous winners, he left one name out?

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 05-30-06 at 11:19 PM
I thought Dat Phan's omission was the funniest joke in that segment... much funnier than John Heffron's lines

Posted by Captain_Savem on 05-31-06 at 02:07 PM
And I liked Dat Phan

Well, he was still better than Ralphie May. I can only stand so many "I'm fat" and "I a white guy form the ghetto" jokes. True Dat's schtick got a little stale too but Ralphies was just irritating.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

Posted by Estee on 05-31-06 at 02:11 PM
You should see him live. He's got a lot of material, some of which he can either fake making up on the spot or actually invent by the moment. (I attended one show. Two women made the fatal mistake of entering about ten minutes in. The roast began before they even reached their seats.)

Posted by Captain_Savem on 05-31-06 at 02:18 PM
You're referring to Ralphie? I think I'll pass on paying to see him live until I see it on HBO and actually laugh at one of his jokes...

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

Posted by Loree on 05-30-06 at 08:48 PM
The editing is pretty much showing us who is going to make it before we are told.

Posted by Estee on 05-30-06 at 09:02 PM
The editing could save us a lot of time by just cutting out Buck Star. Do you think Fester's gone into convulsions yet?

Posted by Loree on 05-30-06 at 09:10 PM
They are only encouraging BuckStar when they keep giving him TV time. Couldn't they forget to show us next time he shows up?

Posted by Estee on 05-30-06 at 09:13 PM
But they want him to be William Hung...

Posted by GoodnightLittleBear on 05-31-06 at 02:31 PM
Unfortunately even William Hung is more talented than Buckstar. I'd rather hear 1000 renditions of off-key "She Bangs" than to listen to one more word coming out of BuckStar's mouth.

I hope we never see him again. He looks like a blond Carrot Top.

Posted by ARnutz on 05-30-06 at 09:26 PM
I watched for 5 minutes. Got distracted with feeding my kitty and hubby grabbed the remote.

I saw a bit of those really bad Austin peeps. Hope the rest were better!

*waves to all*

Posted by volsfan on 05-30-06 at 09:56 PM
Yes, there were some good ones. I am looking forward to this season.

I don't know if I have a favorite yet (except for Theo )

Posted by ARnutz on 05-30-06 at 10:22 PM
Was it really Theo from RW or did he just look like him?

Posted by volsfan on 05-30-06 at 10:24 PM
Oh, it was him and he was ok. I don't think he will go far but some good eye candy for me for a little while!

Posted by ARnutz on 05-30-06 at 10:43 PM
What a DAW he is!

Posted by newsomewayne on 05-31-06 at 06:19 AM
I didn't see the first part of the show and until now I thought you guys meant Malcolm Jamaal Warner from Cosby Show!

Of course, I still don't know who Theo from RW is. That's not one of my shows.

Good to see you here Vols. How's the j.o.b.?

Handcrafted by RollDdice