URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 2724
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"A question about the jury?"

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 04-29-02 at 12:48 PM
Hi, I typed this in the Survivor Fanatic board and some suggested I write it over here.

I hope no one has ever posted this before. If they did i missed it.
I have been wondering this since Survivor 2.

When the Jury is away, what do they get to watch to determine who is playing the game best? They don't walk around camp or sit in a corner near by. What do they see? Is it just the tribal council or do they view videos?

If it's videos, do they edit out comments by the remaining survivors about the bootees on the Jury? For instance, Robert, Zoe and Tammy seemed to stab John in the back.

Also can the bootees give each other their views on the remaining Suvivors?

What do the bootees on teh jury actually see?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: A question about the jury?"
Posted by steppingrazor42 on 04-29-02 at 01:09 PM
Hi, I am sure someone else will have more detailed information than I will have, but here's what I have always been lead to believe.....
The jury only gets to see the remaining survivors during Tribal Council, (they don't get to watch clips and stuff like that)Jeff usually asks juicier questions at TC as more people join the jury so they can see the way the game is playing out since they've been gone. While they are kicking back at the resort waiting for the final vote I don't think it's illegal to talk with other jury members about the game (ex. In S3 Brandon telling Kelly that Frank voted for her when he got axed.) I do think MB discourages the jury from revealing their FINAL votes to eachother, thus making the mystery of the soul survivor much more interesting. But as far as a limit being set on HOW MUCH they are allowed to speak to eachother about the game once voted out, someone else will have to answer that one.

Posted by Icis on 04-29-02 at 03:21 PM
thus making the mystery of the soul survivor much more interesting.

You do mean SOLE Survivor, right? Sorry, steppingrazor, but the "soul survivor" thing really made me giggle.

Posted by steppingrazor42 on 04-29-02 at 06:12 PM
lmao...whoops!!!Thanks for the correction!

Posted by lionsroar on 04-29-02 at 01:10 PM
They only see tribal council. No videos.

Posted by Femme on 04-29-02 at 01:53 PM
I'm sure they also get tons more time to listen to Jeff's needling than what is finally aired. I find it hard to believe that the remaining players show up, talk for a minute and a half, then vote.

They must be asked a ton more questions than we get to see, and it's likely, too, that they get to see more of the other survivor's reactions to someone's answer. (ie. eye-rolling, nodding, or what have you.)

Posted by Fast Eddie on 04-30-02 at 09:29 AM
According to MB in one of his books, TC goes on for 20 minutes to half an hour. Jeffy spends all his non-RC, non-IC time watching videos of what has been going on, so he can come up with lots of good questions. Mind you, this bothers me somewhat, as it violates confidentiality. If people have a secret alliance, Jeffy essentially lets the cat out of the bag.

Posted by westgirl98 on 04-30-02 at 02:23 PM
Alicia had said in an early interview that the jury did get to see the remaining players play if they chose too but the players couldnt talk to the jury. She said there was a lot of manipulation going on. If this post is still around it would be on that particular board. As far as the jury what's the rumour on all 14 people getting to vote? they would have to have some knowledge of what was going on,also on the morning show John had said he and 2 other's got tatoo's, the next week it was Zoe's belt buckle that was hidden from view so I feel The general is the next to go.

Posted by Bebo on 04-30-02 at 02:28 PM
>as the jury what's the
>rumour on all 14 people
>getting to vote? they would
>have to have some knowledge
>of what was going on,also
>on the morning show John
>had said he and 2
>other's got tatoo's, the next
>week it was Zoe's belt
>buckle that was hidden from
>view so I feel The
>general is the next to
>go.

14 on jury - a TP "spoiler" that has been disproven on a number of thresds

Zoe's belt buckle was hidden because it said bullsh!t -- not exactly TV material

fluent in Sarcastic, Blahblah, and Mockery

Posted by discus on 04-29-02 at 04:52 PM
According to Jerri from S3; when a person is voted out and joins the jury, the following morning they all gather for breakfast with the producers and have a sort of round table, where whoever is already on the jury gets to ask questions of the new member and there is a sort of debriefing where the new jury member tells them what happened in the last three days. After that, according to Jerri, they are not allowed to talk about it.

"JUST CURIOUS"
Posted by MikeD on 04-29-02 at 05:20 PM
How do you guys know for sure that they only see what happens at tribal council? Has anyone ever talked about this?