URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID48
Thread Number: 272
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Yahoo TV Listings for next few shows. (Light Spoilers)"

Posted by managerr on 09-11-03 at 02:14 PM
9/15 Episode: Another guest must check out of the hotel, causing emotions to run high.

Note: If this is to be believed, then the promos are wrong and only one person leaves the hotel. Someone on another board looked at the elimination ceremony of next week and said everyone looks paired up except for Tom and it looks like he's choosing between Desiree and Melanie. Dave looks extremely happy. So maybe they form their final pairs and only one person leaves. We'll see.

9/17 Episode: Two guests must check out of the hotel, narrowing the field of competitors; a guest gets advice on how to seduce his roommate.

Note: Who would want to seduce their roommates? Not Holly/Scott or Beau/Amy. I can't see Tara refusing to hook up with Keith. I think this is another clue that Charla and Dave both survive the 9/15 episode. (Unless Tom is looking to get it on with Desiree) Who would be around to give advice?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Yahoo TV Listings for next few shows. (Light Spoilers)"
Posted by Breezy on 09-11-03 at 03:02 PM
I think the person that wants to seduce is Dave also. Keeping my fingers crossed that they survive til the end.

*Breezy ... keeping OT satisfied since 2003*

Posted by Angelfood on 09-11-03 at 03:12 PM
Hmmn. Interesting.
Host Amanda said that "more than 1" guest will be checking out, did she maybe say "NEXT WEEK" and not just next episode? are the promos saying more than 1 person on Just Monday? I didn't tape last night.

Seducing: could be tom seducing Tara (if before the elim.) or Desperatee or maybe, just maybe, Smokey the Monkey. Scott gives Dave advice alot, so that would be my guess.

"Seduction.."
Posted by CantStandToLook on 09-11-03 at 03:38 PM
What an interesting topic..let's see what we have here.

Scott and Holly...Holly's been draped over Scott since she got there but Scott's a Eunich and has no peepee so lets move on.

Beau and LAmy....Well Beau said he'd protect and watch after LAmy but no way in HELL does he want to see THAT much of her..next

Tom and Tara...Tara's made some unsettling choices in men to hook up with but I think she's more likely to hook up with Smokey than Tom.

Keith and Melanie..who knows what Melanies game is but with Tara and Charla as his main squeezes, no way does Keith need any help to bed this orginHO. I say he passes.

Which leaves us with Dave and Charla...Dave could use help but I dont think even Ron Jeremy (guys know who this is) could give him enough advice to get any closer to Charla. With them getting as close as they have the last two weeks, this would be the time to make a move. BUT with them getting as close as they have the last two weeks..this would be the WRONG time to try and make that kinda move on her too.

What WILL he do?? dun dun dahhhhh (think intense crescendo)

"RE: Seduction.."
Posted by Lahela on 09-11-03 at 03:45 PM
HA!! Ron Jeremy! A couple friends of mine met him!

Anyway...I agree with you completely on your speculations. I don't think would go near that 32 year old skanky ass woman if his life depended on it. Besides...the entire hotel knows she really only has eyes for Scott...even though it seems Scott no longer shares those feelings.

As for the Dave/Charla scenario...i think you're right on! They have gotten really close and I think him making a move would scare Charla off. So he needs to keep his feelings in check and just keep them to himself. He KNOWS Charla is not interested in exploring any romantic routes with him, so he needs to just take that to heart and let things be the way they are. I love Dave and wish Charla would at least give him a shot, but I don't see it happening. She keeps using the "friend" word anytime a someone romantic aired conversation rolls around. She is giving him subtle hints, but he's not reading them.

Posted by chuckles1877 on 09-11-03 at 03:55 PM
Perhaps one of the "originals," in an attempt to thwart the Barbies, will encourage Dave to show his true feelings to Charla. It's going to be that horrible Tara-kissing bet all over again. It's just mean!

~Chuck Tucker the Trucker~

Posted by Dakota on 09-11-03 at 04:51 PM
If I had money to throw away on this show, I'd put the seduction thing on Tom -- they'll want him to seduce Charla or Tara -- Charla to get Dave to go nuts or Tara to avenge Alex.

Posted by CantStandToLook on 09-11-03 at 04:56 PM
Smokey's got more chance with Tara than Tom. I would hope that she's learned her lesson from her experiences with Alex and Beau.

Tom's gonna be spanking the monkey and nothing else.

Posted by ugibugi on 09-12-03 at 00:40 AM
Dave is completely in love with Charla, but Dave is also a realist. He is not going to ruin what he has with Charla by trying to get something he knows he cannot have. On the other hand, just because a person is given advice does not mean that person is going to take it. And one last thought, P-Ho has been giving us teasers that have amounted to nothing for weeks, I suspect this is no different.

Posted by managerr on 09-11-03 at 08:57 PM
Someone took a vidcap of the clue I was talking about:

If this picture is really the elimination ceremony for Monday, you can see that Beau and Amy looked clearly pissed off and Tom is sitting in despair.

Posted by Angelfood on 09-11-03 at 09:54 PM
Thank you, thank you, I can now rest easy until Monday.
Smooch!

Angelfood

Posted by Dakota on 09-11-03 at 10:07 PM
>
>
>If this picture is really the
>elimination ceremony for Monday, you
>can see that Beau and
>Amy looked clearly pissed off
>and Tom is sitting in
>despair.
HELP! From left to right, it looks like Tara (or Melanie) and Tom, Charla and Dave, Keith and Holly, Bo and Acmy, and Scott must be on the far right. That leaves either Tara or Melanie and Desperee missing.

It almost looks like there was an emotional outburst or something - Keith in his man-I-hate-this pose, Bo and Amy miffed, Scott looking down and Tom in despair -- oooH oooH, it just occurred to me that perhaps Tom's move to put Desperee out in the cold didn't work out as anticipated and she's gone. But I'm still missing a brunette. ANY IDEAS?

Posted by Angelfood on 09-11-03 at 10:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-03 AT 10:17 PM (EST)

I could be wrong, but seems to me to be:
(L to R)
Scott and Holly (look at hair length),
Charla, Dave
Tara (hair part and body type), Keith (pose)
Amy n Bo
Tom

At least, It better darn well be so I can sleep at night!
As for missing brunette, there is theory that 2 girls are gone - Des and Mel, maybe.

Angelfood

Posted by RealityTVGeek on 09-11-03 at 10:15 PM
It looks like to me, from left to right, Scott & Holly (although I don't remember Scott having a red shirt like that!), Charla & Dave, Tara & Keith, Amy & Beau, and Tom alone. Although I am taking this pic with a grain of salt, it could be that the reason Melanie & Desiree aren't in the picture is because they haven't made their picks yet. However, it looks like Holly is looking off to the left at someone leaving? The rest of the crowd seems like they don't want to look.

Just some random thoughts.

I am WAY too into this show. If only I applied this much energy and interest into my job, I'd probably be CEO.

" Yahoo TV Listings for next few shows. (Light Spoilers)"
Posted by JackMill3 on 09-12-03 at 05:48 PM
This is my take from this clip:

Desiree/Melanie are still standing & only Tom has not been chosen yet.

Desiree has the power to chose a partner no one else can choose, she will likely choose last. Whatever woman she sends home, will then in turn have the power to take a male quest with her on the way out. This will leave 4 couples & will leave a woman without a roommate & it will start all over

Wed-3 couples
following monday-2 couples
following Wed 1 couple

Just a wild guess. But I am sure they will mix this up to keep people guessing. But I think this will change the game dramatically!

Posted by sbeck on 09-11-03 at 10:09 PM
Good goin', managerr! But my eyes aren't doing so well making out the rest. Looks like Dave and Charla, Tara and Keith, and Holly and Scott are the pairs??? Whatever it may be, seeing that Amy and beau and Tom looked pissed makes me relieved (how can one silly tv show allow me to have so many strong emotions? - especially when over half the cast makes Evan Mariott of Joe Millionaire fame look like a Fulbright scholar!)

Posted by Dakota on 09-11-03 at 10:19 PM
The posture of the guy in the red shirt looks more like Tom. And Scott seems to be on the right -- head down, looks like his arm might be pounding on the arm of the chair. Scott is the one who seems to be getting sick of the 6th graders making everyone miserable and I don't remember Scott in anything quite so colorful.

Posted by managerr on 09-11-03 at 10:45 PM
Agh, I went to the PH Gallery on the Fox site and now I'm more confused:

Note that the Red is Dave's shirt and the Black shirt is Scott's.

So either Dave and Scott switched shirts to wear or something seriously weird is going on. Maybe Holly and Scott switched sides?

Posted by managerr on 09-11-03 at 10:50 PM
Another vidcap from the same site:

Still can't tell whether it's Scott or Dave, but you can tell that the girl in the middle is most likely Tara (long hair and standing next to Charla), which means Holly is the one on the far left.

Posted by EnglProf on 09-11-03 at 10:55 PM
Nah, we paused Tivo to get a closer look at this lineup. Desiree is first, Charla and Tara are last, respectively.

Scott is definitely in red, Dave in black.

What this doesn't tell us is whether Desperate-ay gets to choose who she wants without fear of getting eliminated. At least Charla and Tara get last pick. At least I HOPE that's a good thing.

Posted by managerr on 09-11-03 at 11:01 PM
Thanks for confirming! That is really weird if Charla and Tara are last. If Desiree got to pick whoever she wanted, that doesn't explain why Melanie (who is picking 3rd) isn't there in the picture. What scenario could lead to this?

Posted by EnglProf on 09-11-03 at 10:52 PM
This is definitely a different night or they've changed clothes. The red shirt on Dave doesn't look the same as the one in the other clip, where it definitely appears to be Scott wearing it.

Posted by managerr on 09-11-03 at 10:54 PM
Yeah, the night is different, but I was trying to match up the red shirt with Scott, since I agree that doesn't look like it would be in his wardrobe...but the more I stare, the more it does look like Scott on the left.

Posted by EnglProf on 09-11-03 at 10:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-03 AT 10:58 PM (EST)

Guy on left in red shirt-- definitely Scott. Guy on right looking down? No clue. Looks too dark haired to be Tom. Weird.

Edited to clarify-- this is in reference to the grainy pic of the guys seated at elimination.

"Major Spoiler (if true) READ at own risk"
Posted by Angelfood on 09-11-03 at 11:54 PM
1. The pic of them sitting is weeks ago (no Melanie), so don't take stock in shirt colors too much, tho good investigating.
2. It seems to be after vote off, since they are upset.

SPOILER, rumor
Concerning the 2 eliminations:
(Only read if you wonder about the 2 who are voted off)

Someone's personal site is showing the 2 same pics and reporting that (this could be speculation, but sounds good):

Scott has to choose vs. Mel and Holly. Picks Holly.
MEL gets to take off someone with her.
Suposedly, Mel has been influenced by Keith from rooming with him all week, and chooses Desiree.

I found this on a Fox msgbd topic and I followed the site, which they weren't allowed to totally spell out and I did follow it. It seems to be someone's personal page (NOT official at all). We don't know how they would know any of this for sure.

Angelfood

"RE: Major Spoiler (if true) READ at own risk"
Posted by ugibugi on 09-12-03 at 00:58 AM
Normally when somebody leaves they are no longer sitting in these chairs, they have moved to the couch before the final decision is made. Of course they have not done this every time, but I wonder if the final choice has not been made yet in this picture.

If they let Desiree go last, being the odd person out, they usually put that person next to Amanda. Then they go down the line and return to her. That would explain why we do not see her in the picture. But, going with that order Mel should be out there, and she is nowhere to be seen.

As you can see, I am just as confused as everybody else and am thinking out loud, but I just think that since they are still in the chairs the selection is not over yet.

Posted by Chrissy gal on 09-12-03 at 01:13 AM
I LOVE this kind of stuff, especially when my gang seems to be doing well.

I think these folks have shared clothes all along, so we can't peg someone by their clothes.

I noticed that Holly, Charla and Tara are standing behind Scott, Dave and Keith, but Amy is standing next to Beau. Usually the girls are standing next the guy when he has to choose between two girls.

So here is my GUESS: The couples weren't sent to the couch, because one of the girls in a couple wasn't safe. Beau had to choose between Amy and another girl. Beau chose Amy. The booted girl chose another girl to be booted with her. I don't know why, but Mel and Desi are both booted. That is why Scott is sitting differently than we would usually see him, and Tom, Beau and Amy are upset.

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Posted by RollDdice on 09-15-03 at 02:01 PM
Wow. Sherlock Angelfood!

Nice work. My read on it is (from L to R) Holly/Scott, Charla/Dave, Tara?/Keith, Beau/Amy and Tom.

Couldn't be Tom on the far left... wrong body type. They could be switching clothes or maybe the wardrobe department stepped in.

I'm still convinced that Tom can't pick his own clothes. Perhaps he uses Grr'animals, matching the label of a lion on the pants with the lion on the shirt to confirm that he has an outfit that won't make people throw up.

Changing the rules . . . RULES!

Posted by Golightly on 09-12-03 at 02:22 AM
It only makes sense that TWO girls have to leave, that way there are an odd number of guys (one more than the girls will have left), setting one of the men up to be the vulnerable "alone" guy.

If only one girl left, there would be an even number of men and women with no outsider struggling to hook up to avoid being voted off. At least, that's how it's been all along this season. It's always an odd number of guests.

Posted by CantStandToLook on 09-12-03 at 06:21 AM
I have no clue but at least with all this speculation, the show has become interesting again and now we get a little big brothereqse intrigue going.

Posted by allaboutme on 09-12-03 at 01:34 PM
Doesn't it look like someone (Maybe wearing pink) is crouched down behind Tom with their arm on his left arm? I can't tell what Des is wearing, but Melanie is in red.

Posted by Breezy on 09-12-03 at 02:47 PM
Knowing Tom that could be Smokey wearing a pink tutu.

*Breezy ... keeping OT satisfied since 2003*

Posted by sbeck on 09-12-03 at 03:01 PM
LOL!! I think it may actually be one of those planters holding a tree, but it's just blurry because the camera's focusing on the contestants.

Posted by JackMill3 on 09-12-03 at 05:55 PM
This is my take from this clip:
>

Desiree/Melanie are still standing & only Tom has not been chosen yet.

Desiree has the power to chose a partner no one else
can choose, she will likely choose last. Whatever woman
she sends home, will then in turn have the power to take a male questwith her on the way out. This will leave 4 couples & will leave a woman without a roommate & it will start all over

Wed-3 couples
following monday-2 couples
following Wed 1 couple

I think Amy & Beau maybe upset because they do not have the full power they thought they were going to get & now it's "YOU TAKE ONE OF BARBIES, I TAKE ONE OF YOUR ORIGINALS WITH ME" & whoever left standing alone will have the power to do this next week. Be careful who you choose.!

Just a wild guess. But I am sure they will mix this up to keep
people guessing. But I think this will change the game dramatically!

Posted by Dakota on 09-12-03 at 07:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-03 AT 07:57 PM (EST)

Ok, I did find a picture of Scotti earlier in the show wearing a red shirt - SO out of character for the beige/gray guy. But it looks like Tom, Beau and Scott are not happy, while the Fab Four are poker-faced. And Holly is looking off to the side, while Amy has her p-o'd stance. As for Tom, I think that's Smokey near him but it's blurred because Smokey is laughing hysterically.

I don't know how FOX is going to play this out, but Scott and Melanie both expressed concern over the antagonistic behavior - Melanie to Amy and Scott to Beau (leaving the table). My guess is that the anger and accusations are starting to bug those who remain, spoiling what are their last few weeks in Paradise. And Melanie gets a week with Keith. Keith isn't dumb enough to really trust her, but she may come to see what he's all about. And Tara may be able to influence Tom -- if she doesn't pull a Beau/Alex -- don't think she will. But Tom will have someone to talk with other than Desperee -- that cannot be a bad thing for the Fab Four. Acmy, Desperee, and Beau have played their hands--no turning back. I think the others might be swayed by events of the subsequent days, and I doubt everyone will stick with the Beligerent Bunch.

Posted by Dakota on 09-14-03 at 00:52 AM
It's been a rainy, dreary day in Chicago, so I decided that replaying Wednesday's PH episode would be punishment for not cleaning the house or doing laundry. The vidcap in this thread is part of the promo for next week and I slo-mo'd through it. Left to right: Scott and Melanie, Dave and Charla, Tara and Keith, Beau and Amy and then Tom. No shadows or anything I could see off screen to know who's standing where, but they do say that two people will be leaving next week. My guess is Melanie and Desperee are gone -- based on this picture. I at least hope Desperee is one of the people to go. That could explain Tom's posture, as well as Amy and Beau.

Posted by recklesskellie on 09-14-03 at 03:11 AM
The only speculation I have read that made sense to me was this:

The group from "the boat" on last weeks show is asked to eliminate one of that group. The group that stayed at the hotel is asked to eliminate one of them. Obviously, Melanie would go from the hotel group, and Desire? would go from the boat group. This may explain the photos of Melanie and des standing last, Beau and Amy all pissed off looking, and why the show sent half the group on an excurition and left the other half home. We do know for sure that two members leave. This would be great because it would even things up.

Does anyone else get the feeling this show doesn't even know what the prize is yet? It's like there playing it by ear week to week. Maybe they didn't think the show would still be on, like it would have been cancelled by now. Why the HELL wouldn't they announce the prize?? I also think they know the majority of people like "the good guys" and they will manipulate the show each week to see that Keith, Dave or Charla wins. At least I hope so.

Posted by Chrissy gal on 09-14-03 at 04:52 AM
I'm so glad you posted this. I had seen postings with this speculation, but I really didn't understand what they meant. Now that I get it, I think it sounds like a reasonable explanation of what will happen next week.

Do you guys have any idea how disappointed I'm going to be next week if someone from the Barbie group gets booted instead of Desi and Mel? The Chrissy gal household will not be a happy place!

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Posted by Dakota on 09-14-03 at 01:09 PM
>I'm so glad you posted this.
> I had seen postings
>with this speculation, but I
>really didn't understand what they
>meant. Now that I
>get it, I think it
>sounds like a reasonable explanation
>of what will happen next
>week.

Where did this speculation come from?

>Do you guys have any idea
>how disappointed I'm going to
>be next week if someone
>from the Barbie group gets
>booted instead of Desi and
>Mel?

I was hoping Mel would stay and Acmy & Desperee would go. But that's just in my wildest dreams, I suppose.

Posted by Chrissy gal on 09-14-03 at 03:33 PM
>>Where did this speculation come from?<<

Well, if it didn't come from this site, it must have come from the Fox message board, because it doesn't seem like any of the other boards are discussing "spoilers".

Chrissy gal

Posted by indian girl on 09-15-03 at 01:13 PM
I also reviewed the previews for today and as I slowed down the VCR to frame by frame, PH showed a clip of the roomate selection....

In order from left to right:

Desiree, Amy, Melanie, Holly, Charla, Tara

In another clip as per other posters, I agree....

Charla with Dave
Holly with Scott
Tara with Keith
Beau with Amy

Tom alone....interesting...my thoughts are that Desiree being the one without a roomnate last week may pick last. What I don't get is where Melanie is as she has to pick after Amy (as per how PH does the roomate selection).

1st speculation: Since Tom is alone, maybe Melanie picks Tom, and then at the end Desiree picks Tom and both Melanie and Desiree get booted(since the preview did mention that more than one person leaves Paradise on Monday.)

Another speculation from my part: Today's rule could be that you can only pick someone you already roomed with before, so Melanie picks Keith(her only choice), Tara picks Keith, Keith picks Tara, Melanie is booted, and Desiree is booted too as she didn't have a roomate last week.

Posted by mtopaz on 09-15-03 at 07:31 PM
I saw this speculation on the Fox message boards for Paradise Hotel. I think this would be a great twist, but I'm also wondering if the lame producers of this show have enough intelligence to think of such a twist.

I do hope this speculation is right - it would be so perfect! Especially considering how Amy was joking that she should select Keith as one of the male guests to join her on this excursion, and then hopefully ruin any enjoyment he might get out of it. If this speculation is accurate, the irony would be delicious!

MJ

Posted by RollDdice on 09-15-03 at 02:15 PM
You had me for a second. I actually scrolled up and looked at the photo again. But I'm pretty sure the "pink" is Tom's arm and hand -- no legs or other body parts behind the chair.

Like others here I really enjoy the speculation.

Yahtze. Guess on!

(Don't they call this Pair-Of-Dice Hotel because Fox rolls the dice for every "twist and turn"?)