URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID19
Thread Number: 271
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"What Was So Bad About Andrea?"

Posted by runawaymt on 10-23-01 at 04:32 AM
I watched every episode and I never could figure out why she was so despised. Granted, her thing about wanting Jeannette to win was proven to be fake, but that was at the very end of the show, but is that it? It seemed to me the guys didn't like her, but why? Adrian and Ralph's early comments made her out to be a spaz, like she was ultra hyper, but I didn't see it. She wasn't really featured very much but yet she seemed to get a lot of criticism from the guys. She's constantly getting crucified here for being Toni's #####, but I don't know, to me she seemed like a pretty loyal friend. She never developed an alliance with any of the guys and yet once she was allowed into the Chicago pack (and only then because of Toni) she gave her allegiance to Michael and then backed it up by electing not to switch him. So I just don't get what she did that was so bad!

And to head off any of you cynics out there, I don't know the woman and never will. I just thought she seemed like a fairly decent person who hung out with the other chicks and happened to make one good friend!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: What Was So Bad About Andrea?"
Posted by LC Andrea on 11-19-01 at 00:02 AM
Runawaymt
Thanks so much for this message. It's pretty funny what a little editing can do. I just got an email from the producer asking me if we're still freinds (he knew they screwed me with the editing). I responded to him that I still loved him, but I didn't love Andrea on Lovecruise so much. It's weird when people don't like you, but they don't know why. I went out the other night and I was talking with a girl and 5 minutes later she realized I was "Andrea from Lovecruise" (big deal I know)...she then proceded to tell me that she hated me on the show (I laughed at that). She was amazed at how much she enjoyed talking with me and couldn't believe I was the same person she saw. I told her I couldn't believe it was me either. I really am hyper(like Ralph and Adrian said), but that doesn't make me a bad person, I just like to have fun and not take things so seriously/especially on a reality show.
I'm sure if I had (romantically) liked any of the guys (which I didn't) I might have been a favorite with the boys (yes boys). Since I didn't have a love story to follow I guess they had to make me into one of the blonde bitches. If you go on the Fox.com website you can see the clip of me in the hotseat (the one time I was in it) and the question asked to me was, "Andrea, you're one of the funniest people on the boat..is that really you or are you using humor as a plot to win?" Of course that's me! Thanks for being one of the few people that realized I'm not a ##### just a very poorly edited individual. You were right about me bonding with Toni, we are still the closest of friends. She's a great friend and as you saw she can be a great enemy. One more bit of info. for you....There was no Chicago 4 (Toni didn't know about Michael, Melissa and Ralph's plot). There were seven people from Chicago on the boat and that was how the Chi town thing got started. Toni and I had no idea about Michael's plan until HE told us (Toni didn't tell me about the plan/Michael did!). After I paired up with Michael he told me and Toni at the same time (in the cabin when I say,"that's brilliant Michael"). His exact words were.."I need you and Toni, you two have the strongest female bond on the ship." He was right about that.
Thanks again for seeing past the surface.
Andrea

"Er, Andrea...."
Posted by Jonnycumlately on 11-26-01 at 03:43 PM
Call it a hunch, but it could have something to do with you acting like a fake-ass sycophant and butting into things you really had no business getting into. But you ARE funny. Because your "I can't even look at Jeanette right now" made ME laugh at how deluded and hypocritical you were! Seriously, you were "Amber" to Toni's "Jerri"