URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 269
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Who should Alex pick as his teammate?"

Posted by xserver on 04-24-05 at 03:29 PM
Apparently it's going to be Kendra, but I'm not sure that's the best choice.

If the team loses, Alex will certainly be fired, although it is possible for him survive if he really hammers someone in the boardroom. In this case Craig would be the best choice (teammates can't understand him, works alone, antagonizes Kendra, etc), although he is strong coming off the Staples organizer idea.

I think Tana has the confidence and momentum to turn the team's losing streak around, but if they lose I can't see Tana getting fired.

I'm not sure Kendra can do this, and she certainly won't get fired over Alex. But Alex will pick a fellow "booksmart" instead and his team will lose and he will be fired.

So my picks: 1) Tana, 2)Craig, 3)Kendra

What does everyone else think?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Who should Alex pick as his teammate?"
Posted by kahanasunset on 04-24-05 at 04:21 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-05 AT 04:23 PM (EST)

I thought I read somewhere that the teams are already chosen - maybe over on Spoilers? DT wants to see how Craig and Kendra handle each other as a one-on-one team. It'll also make for very interesting television, IMO. If Alex will let Tana lead (which won't be a stretch for him), they might win and then Craig'd be out. It's difficult to see a Kendra/Craig pairing win, but they just might surprise us.....

I think it's (1) Tana (2) Alex (3) Kendra (4) Craig

They're all going to get hammered in the interviews. Those crazy producers better show us some meat this time. Last season's snippets were maddeningly short and meaningless. Give us a break!!

Edited to add: Der, this IS Spoilers!

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 05:20 PM
The previews showed Craig and Kendra arguing in the back of a cab. So I assume Alex picks Tana.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

Posted by Quiddity on 04-24-05 at 06:34 PM
Well, I look at it in 3 ways:

1) If he's resigned to losing yet again, he'll pick Craig, knowing that if Net Worth loses, there is no chance in hell Trump would fire one of the women over him. Craig has shown enough incomptenence over the show to perhaps get himself fired instead of Alex, although I think at this point Alex is the overwhelming favorite to get canned regardless of whose on his team.

2) If he wants to have the strongest team, he'll pick Kendra, whose far and away the best one on the show and is more than willing to stay up all night to get the task done.

3) If he wants the other team to be in so much turmoil that it will self destruct, causing his team to win by default, then he'll pick Tana. This will cause Kendra & Craig to be alone together, something that could certainly result in disaster for them since they have such a hard time getting along.

Regardless of who he picks, I think one of the men is going down next week. If Alex picks Craig I think the women will slaughter them with ease. If he picks Kendra I think they'll win and Craig will get canned. If he picks Tana I think they'll win and Craig will get canned.

Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 04-28-05 at 02:26 PM
2) If he wants to have the strongest team, he'll pick Kendra, whose far and away the best one on the show and is more than willing to stay up all night to get the task done.

Actually.. now that this is in the past it could be argued that Tana did the right thing since they won the task... she could just say, I knew she could handle it like a big girl so we let her.

Posted by smokedog on 04-24-05 at 11:54 PM
If he knows about Craig hating Kendra (and vice versa), he should pick Tana to force the 'bad marriage' to continue.

Posted by Notrozer on 04-25-05 at 08:14 AM
I doubt that Donald will ask, he will prob split them bcak into Street/Book automaticly...

Posted by kahanasunset on 04-25-05 at 10:39 AM
"...split them back into Street/Book Smarts automatically."

Well to be true to the actual theme of this particular season, one would think that's what would/could/should happen!

"See this post"
Posted by AyaK on 04-26-05 at 03:48 PM
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID75/264.shtml#15

...so The Donald does ask Alex to make a choice almost immediately after booting Bren, and Alex makes one.

Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 04-28-05 at 02:28 PM
He could say he wants to 'mix it up' though.. Trump is anything but predictable.

Did I say that???
Well you know what I'm getting at.