URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID55
Thread Number: 269
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Got to meet Ralph..and what a genuinely nice guy!"

Posted by vixie on 08-17-04 at 12:05 PM
Hey all. I'm back from my son's incredible wedding in So Cal this weekend, and I got to meet Ralph. (Hope I'm not overstepping my boundries, Ralph) I spotted him very quickly among the over 250 people and introduced myself to his girlfriend (one of my son's bosses) and when he said, "I'm Ralph" I said, "I know, I'm a big fan!" Anyway, he couldn't have been more gracious and kind. I told him my 15 yr old daughter and I were huge fans, he said he would love to meet my daughter (very shy). Long story short, she was delighted when he quoted a few of his "smarmy" lines to her {Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, you're dead to us and her fav..now you must go back to your sad existance, working for the man). Anyway, later on I whispered in his ear "By the way, I have a big screen tv back at the hotel, if you happen to have a copy of "Porked and Beans" on you. He laughed out loud, and again was so nice, and is sending my daughter a copy of Season 1. Anyway, hope I didn't post this in error, but I just had to share. Great, great guy. And the most amazing wedding ever.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Got to meet Ralph..and what a genuinely nice guy!"
Posted by Esbea on 08-17-04 at 01:58 PM
VERY cool! Isnt it great when people turn out to be just as nice as you thought they would? It was a wedding...he culd have at least done one of the "Love"......quotes! Sounds like you had a great time.

please.....tell me that he still doesnt have the dye job......

Posted by vixie on 08-17-04 at 02:56 PM
Actually, he had quite a conversation with my daughter, but those quotes are her favs. Asked about her interests, complimented her on being in the Navy Sea Cadets and sucessfully graduating from Boot Camp aboard the USS Kilewea this summer...we're talking real boot camp, not kid stuff. Pretty well staffed with regular Navy, as well as Sea Cadets staff. Anyway, she is very shy, so I was impressed with his patience with her shyness (she claims nervousness, even tho he was a regular great guy). I only wish we lived in So Cal so that we could regularly hear him on the Kevin and Bean morning show on KROC down there, where he is one of the main sources of comedy...of which there is alot.
And no, he had beautiful brunette hair with a clean shave. Quite attractive, but an amazing smile.

Posted by mmm_link on 08-17-04 at 03:34 PM
Did you get any pictures to post?

Posted by vixie on 08-17-04 at 04:18 PM
Yep, but I need to download them, and have barely caught my breath. I know at least a couple turned out.

Posted by vixie on 08-17-04 at 04:19 PM
p.s. We got about 150 all together, it was quite a weekend. BTW, his girlfriend (son's boss) is gorgeous and a sweetheart, too!

Posted by Rabies on 08-19-04 at 12:20 PM
So... what I gathered from this summary of your encounter is Ralph likes teenage girls. Hmmm...

PS: It's "KROQ"

Posted by Canada Girl on 08-17-04 at 04:54 PM
That is very cool, good for you for going over and great that he turned out to be such a nice guy!

Posted by survivorscott on 08-17-04 at 05:11 PM
I'm glad the line I suggested got a big laugh.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Posted by vixie on 08-17-04 at 06:31 PM
Thanks darlin...sorry I couldn't remember who suggested it to give credit where credit was due!
p.s. He's sending us (my daughter)the first season on DVD (hope I didn't already mention that!)

Posted by ladro on 08-17-04 at 07:47 PM
The bigger they are the nicer they are. I'm not sure what that has to do with Raplh, it just popped into my head. Glad to hear it was a good experience. Evidently you son doesn't 'work for the man' but rather for the 'the woman'. i don't what that means either. : )

Posted by vixie on 08-17-04 at 10:09 PM
The woman..the man...the Sony! Being groomed for exec!
Ahem, bows in humble adoration (to the son!)

Posted by Esbea on 08-19-04 at 02:22 PM
"The bigger they are the nicer they are."

I could name you a couple of exceptions to that rule.

"Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for the night. Light a man afire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.''

Posted by vixie on 08-20-04 at 12:30 PM
Yep, Esbee, I'm with you. After living in So Cal all of my life (except that couple of years in Florida where I wigged out, sold out and plenty more) I have met more than my fair share of celebritys and sports figures. And while many of them were awesome and down to earth, a couple of the biggies were supreme A-holes...and a couple were worse. Ralph was an especially gracious man, and for this I am greatful. I'm glad my daughter didn't have her first brush with celebrity with a certain NASCAR driver, a couple of Pro BB players or at least one RocknRoller I've met. Thank God!

Posted by SteveO on 08-20-04 at 12:52 PM
Which Nascar driver was less than gracious? They are usually pretty cool. At least the lesser known ones are.

As far as the BB players go, I don't even bother with those guys anymore.

Posted by Drive My Car on 08-17-04 at 08:34 PM
Hi Vixie! Thanks for sharing , Hon.
I am so glad he is a nice genuine person, he is very talented, and I hope good things for him.
Congrats to your son and his bride. I wish them well!

Posted by vixie on 08-17-04 at 10:10 PM
Thanks buggy..amazing they are!

Posted by vixie on 08-20-04 at 12:31 PM
Sorry, I still haven't downloaded any pics to post. I got home Monday afternoon, worked Tues & Wed, and was a dead person most of the day yesterday.