URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 267
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Apprentice 3 Episode #13 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by Estee on 04-21-05 at 07:55 PM
Please keep all discussion of tonight's episode on this thread until those on the West Coast have a chance to see the thing. And no, we don't mean Chris. Chris is gone. Chris will not be back for a while. Chris probably would have made a pretty good Thing, too, although it's the general opinion of the board that if you've got to cast him, the Hulk part is just calling his name. "Chris mad! And the madder Chris gets, the stupider Chris acts!"

A twelve-week audition for an unmade sequel. Who knew?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Theme song"
Posted by Estee on 04-21-05 at 08:58 PM
Dummy dummy dummy dummy -- dummies!

"RE: Theme song"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-21-05 at 09:08 PM
*snort*

This season is so lackluster. Why am I still watching?

"Recrap"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-21-05 at 08:58 PM
Networth lost, Chris got fired, Chris cried, DT coddled him, and now we've got 5 sucky to-be Apprentices (Apprentii?) left.

"At the suite"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-21-05 at 09:02 PM
In the suite...

Kendra thinks it's Chris
Tana/Craig think it's gonna be Bren gone...

Tana: I think it's gonna be Bren, he's funny, but I've seen him on tasks and he's a big zero.

Alex: coming back it's not the same, we've lost another task and a friend

Bren: I feel like after this task I feel like whale crap (LOL). said it was all my fault, I was a horrible writer...

Bren: I've bit my tongue, but I'm tired of the blood in my mouth...

Alex and Bren go out on a date to enjoy the evening.

Bren: I came up here to work for DT, but I never thought I'd make a best friend

Alex: Bren is my oasis in this something...wtf is he talking about...I'm surrounded by morons and mascots

Bren: tomorrow let's go "balls to the wall"

"RE: The Apprentice 3 Episode #13 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by seahorse on 04-21-05 at 09:02 PM
I think Bren is in trouble tonight.

"The task"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-21-05 at 09:04 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-05 AT 09:04 PM (EST)

DT does his usual fake-ass schtick with Staples...

DT: we're going to have some interesing ideas for you today (to execs)

DT: welcome to week thirteen...these 2 execs are froma fantastic company named Staples...Staples does over 13B in sales a year #1 office supply co in the world. Each year they hold a national competition where inventors provide ideas. This take they're going to do just that...they'll have access to a design/manufacturing team and present it to Staples peeps and the team that creates the most innovative product wins.

Now Kendra you are exempt should your team lose, you'r in the final four, but after Kendra there will be no more exemptions, no one will be safe.

Posted by seahorse on 04-21-05 at 09:05 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-05 AT 09:05 PM (EST)

Starting now, the winning PM does not get immunity the following week.

Posted by seahorse on 04-21-05 at 09:06 PM
Alex and Craig are PMs this week.

"PMs"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-21-05 at 09:06 PM
Alex is PM
Bren: it's imperative that we win..a lot riding on this...my ass for one

Craig is PM
Craig: if you have any ideas, write them down...biggest obstacle is Kendra. She's had the chance to lead her way, now it's mine.

Craig: all of us have a lot of ideas, making it something tangible to share with others is what we need.

Kendra: we're going ot get al ot more done if I just keep my mouth closed and let him speak but still do things my own way.

"RE: PMs"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-21-05 at 09:09 PM
Yay! PM is here! Thanks for keeping track!

"First Segment"
Posted by kathliam on 04-21-05 at 09:08 PM
They team members think Bren will be fired tonight. Alex and Bren walk in, tell everyone Chris got emotional. Everyone tells Bren they thought he was going. Bren thought so too, it was hard to bite his tongue and not say anything. Alex and Bren decide to go to a cigar bar and decompress over brews and cigars. They talk about how they have become friends.

The next morning, Tana answers the phone. Meet Mr. Trump in his office right away, to introduce them to 2 important executives. DT is meeting with executives from Staples. Their task is to create an office product to reduce office clutter. They will have a design team at their disposal. Kendra is exempt and a member of the Final Four, but there will be no more exemptions.

Carolyn is with Bren and Alex, Alex will be project manager. Bren will call office managers to find out their biggest problems, and meet with the designers.

Craig is Project Manager, asks his team to write down any ideas they have. Craig wants Kendra to understand he will lead the way he leads, she's trying to talk to her and he wants her to write down her ideas so they can brainstorm later.

Bren and Alex meet with the designers and get some ideas on what products they can use. They try to conference in some Staples managers by phone, but the phone call is disconnected and they have a bad connection. Alex then realizes they should have met with them in person rather than by phone.

"Networth"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-21-05 at 09:09 PM
At smart design checking out stuff to play around with. They are now calling execs but they have a bad connection...calling another number. Alex didn't meet in person with the execs because he figured they could do it over the phone.

He can't get through on the phone...thinking we should have met them in person. Huge risk.

"RE: Networth"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-21-05 at 09:11 PM
Hmmm... can we tell already that these 2 idjits are in big trouble?

Gawd this show is so freakin' predictable.

Posted by seahorse on 04-21-05 at 09:12 PM
Based on their desicions over the last few weeks, they probably did make a big mistake.

Posted by mysticwolf on 04-21-05 at 09:13 PM
'Scuse me? Alex: "I didn't think I needed to meet with them because they're not the customer - they're just the judges." WTF?

Posted by ARnutz on 04-21-05 at 09:21 PM
Yeah, WTF? He's an idiot!

Magna has a huge advantage just by going to see those execs!

"Take control (AKA lame weekly lesson)"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-21-05 at 09:12 PM
If a leader can't control his subordinates, it's bad.

Whoa, nice indepth lesson there, Trumpster

"Odd choice of background music."
Posted by Estee on 04-21-05 at 09:13 PM
And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'll understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am...

Posted by seahorse on 04-21-05 at 09:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-05 AT 09:14 PM (EST)

Where is networth. They don't meet with the Staples execs and they never do focus groups.

"Magna"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-21-05 at 09:14 PM
Meeting in person with Staples...

Tana is asking about a Staples 'motto' and the execs are very helpful...they said not to make a new problem and just to improve upon something already in existence

Focus group time: Kendra finds an office manager shopping ot buy supplies...Tana and Kendra go through the guy's cart to see what he needs...ask a few more people in the store and see that they like stackables.

Craig wasn't part of the focus group...imagines of Craig sitting at a desk doing pretty much nothing...

"Networth is LAME"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-21-05 at 09:15 PM
Alex is telling Bren to call office managers to form their focus group, Bren can't get through to anyone...OMG they are soooooooooooooooooo stupid!

"RE: Networth is LAME"
Posted by seahorse on 04-21-05 at 09:17 PM
They may as well end the show, now. Bring networth to the boardroom. Craig is lucky he is with the girls are he wouyld be in the same boat.

Posted by CantStandToLook on 04-21-05 at 09:16 PM
I find myself asking every week how the hell is Craig still there. I'm not a big Kendra fan but she makes a lot of sense and he makes none. If he someone survives to the interview, he's gone after Hello and your name is?

Posted by CantStandToLook on 04-21-05 at 09:18 PM
oh yeah, Alex is Craigs brutha from anutha mutha.

Posted by ARnutz on 04-21-05 at 09:22 PM
*snort*

Posted by seahorse on 04-21-05 at 09:19 PM
We are on the same wavelength on this one.

"Magna"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-21-05 at 09:17 PM
Kendra said Craig took her idea of the stackables (ummm, hello you guys are a team, that's how it works).

They are telling George their idea, George says it'll be difficult.

Craig says they chose to go vertical to make it compact. Stay with standard size paper all the way around (size of the compartments, I suppose).

"RE: Magna"
Posted by CantStandToLook on 04-21-05 at 09:20 PM
I still can't figure out what's the deal with Craig and Kendra, it's smacks of 3rd grade you like the girl so you tease her mercilessly. Anyone think maybe he's got the jungle boogie fever.

"NetWorth"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-21-05 at 09:20 PM
Bren and Alex are designing a table to get the clutter of the desk. OMG, he is really stupid.

Bren: Alex is much better taking risks than I am, he says this is the way to go...

It's basically a table that goes next to your existing desk so that you have a second place to put your clutter. What morons.

"RE: NetWorth"
Posted by seahorse on 04-21-05 at 09:23 PM
What is the point of having an hour episode.

Posted by ARnutz on 04-21-05 at 10:00 PM
Well... 1/2 an hour is for the tasks and the other 1/2 an hour is for Trump face time.

Posted by mysticwolf on 04-21-05 at 09:24 PM
Yeah, but right now I don't see myself running out to buy either product. I mean, Kendra's right... The whole point of a folder is to be able to see the tab. If I put horizontal folders in a vertical file it takes up less space, but kinda eliminates the point...Or, as usual, has Craig not explained his concept very well?

"Second Segment"
Posted by kathliam on 04-21-05 at 09:20 PM
Trump Lesson of the Week: Take Control.

Craig, Tana and Kendra meet with Staples executives to find out their needs. Kendra points out that the Staples executives basically point out they need not invent something new, but rather improve on something that already exists. Tana and Kendra go to a Staples and talk to customers. They each find plenty of people to talk to. Everyone seems to have stackables. Craig is talking to no one but rather wandering around Staples looking at furniture (for his new office as The Apprentice!).

Alex and Bren think a focus group is important but have no idea how to conduct one. Alex tells Bren to just call 4 office managers and talk to them on the phone. He's leafing through the Yellow Pages but can't find anyone to talk to him. Alex wants him to talk to at least 2.

Manga arrives at Smart Design. Kendra and Tana talk about stackables, Craig can't see it at first but comes around. They are putting 4 stackables together, going vertical rather than horizontal for size reasons. George thinks it will be a large undertaking.

Bren and Alex are sitting in a conference room brainstorming ideas. They designed a small table to resolve the office clutter problem, then meet with the graphic designers to build their project. Bren says Alex is more comfortable taking risks, so he's letting him do it.

Magna is back at Staples to purchase the products to put inside the office clutter caddy for the presentation. They are having a disagreement about putting horizontal file folders in a vertical caddy, and Craig looks at Kendra and says 'let me try to explain this to you'. Kendra says that was condescending and she won't be talked to like that.

"Craig turns into Bill Cosby"
Posted by Estee on 04-21-05 at 09:20 PM
"Well, y'see, you've got your horizontal folder and your vertical product, and when you put your horizontal folder into your vertical product, it's a bad thing!"

"RE: Craig turns into Bill Cosby"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-21-05 at 09:22 PM
Where's my Jello pudding?!?!

"RE: Craig turns into Bill Cosby"
Posted by CantStandToLook on 04-21-05 at 09:26 PM
lol...that's is hilarious...the head bob did it for me.

I seriously have no idea how he made it this far. He seems like a nice guy but he really just doesn't seem that bright.

"My bad: Craig is Bill Cosby"
Posted by Estee on 04-21-05 at 09:32 PM
"Young lady!"

"Magna"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-21-05 at 09:22 PM
Shopping for products ot use for displaying their idea...Craig wants it just for loose papers, not file folders.

Craig says he doesn't want to use horizontal folders because they'd ask why they made a vertical unit for horizontal folders. Kendra isn't understanding what he's gettig and and he basically says "let me slow this down for you" LMAO. He's trying to tell her that they'd be misrepresenting the product if they use horizontal folders since that's not the intention...Kendra's saying if they don't then they're misrepresenting their product. Seems they aren't getting their ideas across very well (no not Kendra and Craig!)

"Networth"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-21-05 at 09:24 PM
Bren: I'm always a pessimist, but I've got a healthy dose of optimism right now.

ALex says he wants to market this to make a million dollars.

Posted by seahorse on 04-21-05 at 09:25 PM
If Magna let's them win shame on them, but with the arguing between Kendra and Gregg who knows.

"WHOA!"
Posted by volsfan on 04-21-05 at 09:26 PM
Magna's HUGE product will take the entire top of a desk! That thing is the bulkest/butt ugliest looking thing I have ever seen.

"Magna"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-21-05 at 09:27 PM
Kendra and Craig are fighting. Craig is laying into her and being condescending and says she doesn't know what condescending means (LOL, he's being condescending in defending himself against being condescending).

Tana's freaking out about the presentation.

Kendra: even though he's an ##### we are still on the same team

Kendra making the presentation.

Tana and Craig are acting out a cluttered office scenario (hehe, this is funny)...it's like an infomercial.

Posted by mysticwolf on 04-21-05 at 09:27 PM
OK. Looking at it I'm in for Bren & Alex's, sight unseen. No way would I put that lazy susan on my desk.

"craig"
Posted by CantStandToLook on 04-21-05 at 09:29 PM
Yeah, I'd like to live in his world. I bet there are rainbows everywhere too showering him with skittles. And Bren...his face was priceless, did someone paint that stupid grin on him.

"Networth: The Packrat"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-21-05 at 09:29 PM
OMG this thing is ridiculous. The folks are saying it's not functional with an outbox and inbox under a glass top (DUH). I swear Alex should have been gone weeks ago.

Posted by mysticwolf on 04-21-05 at 09:29 PM
Oh. Never mind. Bren and Alex have just reinvented the drawer. Only one that everyone can see into. Still don't like that lazy susan, though...

Posted by Estee on 04-21-05 at 09:34 PM
It's got a huge footprint on your desktop, but it's still better than the Pack Rat, which has a huge footprint on your carpet. They solved desktop clutter by creating an extra desk to clutter up. Nice work. Next week, Alex solves hunger in the Third World by cutting out everyone's stomachs.

Posted by seahorse on 04-21-05 at 09:30 PM
Magna's product was much better than Networth, who would have thunk it.

"The results"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-21-05 at 09:31 PM
Magna's was innovative and office managers said they'd buy it.

Networth's didn't connect with the consumer. The top cover...wasn't good..the table was too big.

Magna wins again. Networth thought they had this one in the bag.

"This is horsesh!t!"
Posted by volsfan on 04-21-05 at 09:31 PM
I hated Magna's product. Even though I didn't like the inbox/outbox under the top of the desk...I would have used the desk in my office more than I would use that damn carosel/idiot looking desktop thingy.

"RE: This is horsesh!t!"
Posted by Estee on 04-21-05 at 09:46 PM
I just figured the Pack Rat out. It's a kindergarden school desk with a clear lid.

So not only do I have to clear the desk to get at my work, but if I stick my gum under the desk, the teacher can still see it...

"RE: This is horsesh!t!"
Posted by volsfan on 04-21-05 at 10:06 PM
I would use the desk but I would not put my inbox/outbox under the top. I would NEVER buy the other product...it was way too big. JMHO!

"Third Segment"
Posted by kathliam on 04-21-05 at 09:31 PM
Bren and Alex arrive at design studio to look at the table they designed. OK, I admit, it looks pretty kewl. I can't wait to see what the Staples executives think.

The design team is putting the final touches on Magna's caddy. Kendra is still talking about file folders. Craig is talking to her again, Kendra says she's talking to her like a child, Craig says yes he's talking to her like he talks to his children when he has to repeat himself. Kendra says maybe that's because you are a bad communicator. Tana just sits there eating while Kendra and Craig continue to bicker.

Tana is worried about going in to the presentation with 2 battling team mates. Kendra says they are professionals and will put on a happy face during the presentation. Kendra talks about how they talked to consumers, Craig is sitting at a desk and knocks over his pens, Tana walks over and offers help by presenting their caddy. He starts filling it with his stuff. The store managers are asking questions.

Alex and Bren start their presentation: The Packrat. Basically a desk with a plexiglas top that raises for access to removable baskets. Alex is doing the presentation. None of the managers look enthused. They all question having the boxes under a top then have to lift it up and down to get to your papers, the desk will probably fill with papers also.

Donald, George and Carolyn head to Staples. Both teams think they did well. The Staples executives say Magna product clearly connected with their customers, the managers said they would buy it. Networth's product didn't connect with the managers, didn't like the lift-top, not enough compartments. Magna wins.

Magna will have breakfast with George and Carolyn at the Rainbow Room.

Oh, and the first commercial is for the Desk Caddy, available at Staples.

"Speaking of rainbows"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-21-05 at 09:36 PM
The Magna peeps go to the Rainbow room to kick it with Carolyn and George.

Kendra said to watch Carolyn and George tell jokes...Carolyn is talking about her kids and family. Her hubby is also named George. They all seem to be loving this reward.

George met DT when DT was in his twenties...Carolyn's been with Trump Organization for 10 years (all stuff we really care about as viewers, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

"Networth"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-21-05 at 09:38 PM
They think their product was better. Uh-oh. Bren's saying he's going to stand by his beliefs. He said he's a lawyer and judges are wrong.

Alex: all I was thinking about in the coffee shop was saying good-bye.

Awwwwwwwww...they should just kiss now.

Posted by CantStandToLook on 04-21-05 at 09:42 PM
lol...these two are pathetic. So now they're gonna actually try to defend this thing in the boardroom.

George is embarrassed by them both being lawyers. Carolyn just doesn't get it. Carolyn's laying into them pretty good.

George says they did it all backwards. Donald should just fire them both. Now Alex is trying to throw the grenade into Bren's lap.

Trump thinks they were both lousy.

"Fourth Segment"
Posted by kathliam on 04-21-05 at 09:43 PM
Magna arrives at a private dining room in The Rainbow Room atop Rockefeller Center. George congratulates them on their product, asks whether knocking over the pencils was for real or planned. Craig and Kendra talk about how special it is to get to know Carolyn and George as people other than just trying to fire them in the boardroom. George has known The Donald since Donald was in his 20's. Carolyn's been with Trump Organization for 10 years.

Alex and Bren decide to go out and have a last coffee date together. Bren says he should have argued the decision of the judges, he should have argued their case, they had a great product. He's a lawyer, after all, dagnabbit. Alex says the only thing he's thinking about is saying goodbye to a buddy.

Alex and Bren arrive in the boardroom. DT asks if lawyers can be creative. The desk is in the boardroom, DT calls it a monstrosity. Alex would like the patent for it, Donald says he could probably have it. Donald says he still doesn't get it. Alex came up with the idea. George is embarassed, he's a lawyer, they are both lawyers. Carolyn doesn't get it. They talk alot about putting stuff on top and can't get to stuff in the bottom. Carolyn tells them all the negative comments the Staples executives had. Carolyn points out they used no resources, no focus group, didn't talk to any executives. Bren says he had no resources. Carolyn points out the other team did. Alex says it was his decision not to meet with the executives, thought he could accomplish the same thing on the phone. George says they did it backwards.

Donald tells Alex he started strong and turning out to be week, he's not a star. Alex starts talking about how he put Bren in charge of marketing and relied he would get it done, relied there would be a focus group. Donald says they both did a lousy job and he has to do something.

"Boardroom"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-21-05 at 09:44 PM
DT, can lawyers be creative?

Alex trying to convey his idea and DT says he doesn't get it. George says he's embarrased. What can you gain by having a top over the boxes...you can't access them without taking the top off, which defeats the purpose of the top. Could have easily put the trays in the drawer in the bottom.

Carolyn says she still doesn't get it.

Carolyn says the Staples people said it was not good...the execs didn't like it,

Alex trying to explain why they didn't meet with them...

DT said he thought Alex was a star, "you're not really a star". Alex trying to place blame on Bren not getting the focus group together. Alex is doing a good job weaseling his way out of this one (focus group plan to make calls WAS Alex's idea, not Bren's...)and Bren is just sitting there like a moron.

Posted by mysticwolf on 04-21-05 at 09:46 PM
Is he going to fire them both? Alex needs to go. He's been dogging it. He's not a good leader, nor a good follower. Bren's not much better, but at least he got the fact that cold calling people as a focus group wasn't a grand idea. BTW Alex says you have to trust your head contractor to deliver??? Yeah, ok, but you still have to lead and oversee them...

"Bren...can you fire me please"
Posted by CantStandToLook on 04-21-05 at 09:48 PM
I dont like taking risks. Hmm...

Posted by mysticwolf on 04-21-05 at 09:50 PM
Well. Bren made it easy. He basically fired himself.

"Final Segment"
Posted by kathliam on 04-21-05 at 09:51 PM
Donald asks Bren why he should keep him over Alex. Bren says he's a hard worker, gets along with people, not a risk-taker. What does it mean Bren doesn't like to take risks, can't make it if not willing to take risks. Alex says should fire Bren because Bren doesn't like taking risks. Alex enumerates the number of risks he has taken in his life and career. Bren is saying nothing. Bren says they each made equal mistakes but it's up to who Trump wants to keep. Bren says he's learning how to take risks, but Donald says he's too far behind the curve, he doesn't have the time to teach him what he needs to know. Bren, you're fired.

Donald says he's a nice guy and probably a good lawyer, but he isn't going to be an entreprenuer.

"Donald paid off the Nielsen families!"
Posted by Estee on 04-21-05 at 09:53 PM
He destroyed Branson... he destroyed Cuban... he destroyed those little boxes on top of the TV...

"RE: Donald paid off the Nielsen families!"
Posted by seahorse on 04-21-05 at 09:59 PM
He is "The Donald"

I wonder if the new bankruptcy laws take a bite out of him.

"Next on The Apprentice and Final Words"
Posted by kathliam on 04-21-05 at 09:56 PM
It's the Apprentice Final Four. The desperation, the backstabbing, the claws are coming out.

Bren says the boardroom wasn't particularly harsh, didn't go quite the way he and Alex had discussed. He admits he didn't give the fight that he could, he's hungry and tired and doesn't want the job as much as Alex does. He came here thinking he wanted one thing, but discovered the thing he really wanted was back home under his nose the whole time.

Posted by kahanasunset on 04-21-05 at 09:59 PM
Thanks, all you guys have all cracked me (and no doubt many others) up tonight while waiting for the showing in our area. Craig's "let me slow this down for you" to Kendra was a total LMAO. As if Kendra needs things explained to her! My gawd that guy is so condescending!

I'm disappointed though, because MB and DT clearly deliberately chose sucky males this time so that a woman would win. It'll probably be Kendra against Tana unless something crazy happens. If Craig and Alex make it to the final I will be SO surprised. And they certainly don't belong there!!!

Posted by CantStandToLook on 04-21-05 at 10:25 PM
Wow, I never considered that but you're so right. There's no way Craig or Alex belong in the finals.

I am woman, here me roar
ok noy me exactly but you get the point..hehe

Posted by kahanasunset on 04-21-05 at 10:33 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-05 AT 10:37 PM (EST)

Yeah CSTL (and others) please forgive me for again posting commentary in this "live show thread" thread, but I actually CRINGE thinking of Craig and Alex in those interviews. They're going to get eaten alive. I can smell the blood from here.

(And, drat it, those interviewers were probably told to go easy on the women.)

Edited to Add: Not that those two need the help.