URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 267
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Trista article"

Posted by KScott on 06-10-03 at 11:40 AM
It seems that Trista will be helping to choose the next Bachelorette:

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/dailynews/extra/06_03/06_06a.html

Does anyone think this is a little overboard. I have never been a big Trista fan so maybe it is just me.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Trista article"
Posted by Bebo on 06-10-03 at 12:09 PM
I think they want to keep Trista out there, front and center, since she and Ryan are planning their wedding. People would stop tuning in if all the couples broke up quickly, like the first two did. Since so many of these reality dating/wedding shows end with the couple breaking up, she is the main example out there of one that didn't - and the producers and ABC are going to exploit that as much as they can.

Bebo, Mistress of the Painfully Obvious and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

Posted by SurvivinDawg on 06-10-03 at 12:43 PM
I have nothing against Trista, so I really have no problem with any of this. As long as she's happy about what she's doing, that's fine with me.

I will say that I liked watching The Bachelorette more than I did this last Bachelor series. Maybe it was because of the respective casts of characters, but I hope they pick a good Bachelorette for the next such series.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Posted by KScott on 06-10-03 at 02:11 PM
I like the Bachelorette better also but because all the guys got along, no cattiness that goes with the Bachelor. I liked this last Bachelor because I like Jen and finally one Bachelor picked who I thought they should. Trista's voice sometimes got on my nerves but I really liked Ryan and hope they are happy together.

"Let's just call it the Trista Rehn show"
Posted by realitybites on 06-11-03 at 03:02 AM
Trista has been a huge influence on both "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette":

* She dated Alex, the first Bachelor,
* She was the first Bachelorette,
* She dated Bob, who will be Bachelor #4, and
* She will help pick the second Bachelorette.

PLUS the interviews, PLUS the coming special. I can't think of any other contestant that's had a bigger influence on a show, except for possibly Richard whassisname.

ABC and/or Warner Brothers should hire her as an executive producer.