URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 2645
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Pick The Bootee Game needs a new host!"

Posted by echogirl on 09-04-04 at 02:48 AM
Gosh I feel really awful considering that Lion Chow is also relenquishing his hosting duties, but I simply do not have the time to host this game (even the basic version) this season.

What's your excuse echogirl?

Well as a few of you may know, I have an interest in photography. About six weeks ago I invested in some new equipment and I've been very busy shooting and post-processing. I'm concentrating on documentary and street photography hoping to land some freelance work. In this short time I've garnered a bit of attention; in other words a few people connected with the business have seen some of my recent work and have offered encouragement. Pretty much every spare moment I have is now devoted to this, so I'm not sure I'll even be able to catch Survivor much less host this game.

The ideal candidate will have played the game at least one season. I certainly don't expect you to do the A.S.S. version which was probably too much for this hostess! But the basic version can be managed with 3-4 hours a week. PM me if you are interested (my email has changed) and hopefully I can announce a new host by Monday.

-eg

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Pick The Bootee Game needs a new host!"
Posted by echogirl on 09-05-04 at 08:59 PM
Well hopefully someone will step up soon or my little game will disappear Unfortunately I just can't commit to a full season of hosting duties.

Posted by tribephyl on 09-07-04 at 07:25 PM
I would love to help, my dearest echo.
However, I just signed on to do the ABC.
I've run a couple of other games (on different forums) even at the same time. But, none of them compare in "number of participants" to the ABC (or PTB for that matter).
I just want to make sure my work load is not overwhelming.

I would consider helping out for a week or 2, when needed. But to take on both games with over 50plus people playing in each, I would likely burn out and become suicidal.

I am very sorry to hear that the PTB may be ending. I would very much like to help keep it going.
Hopefully someone with a little more time on their hands will come forward.

Good luck with the photography.

Sn'DCS©MMIV
Upon thee, Mike Darnell, I wish a most serious pox.
The ABC is here! The ABC is here!

"Hi tribe!"
Posted by echogirl on 09-09-04 at 11:00 PM
I understand! The ABC generally attracts about 100 participants and the PTB game about 60. That's a lot of work! I *may* have someone willing to host this but nothing concrete yet. Hopefully it will continue as I had a blast hosting it and most people seemed to enjoy playing it.

BTW I think you will make a wonderful host! Good luck!

-eg

Posted by KObrien_fan on 09-10-04 at 07:23 AM
I'll do it. Thanks for sending me the rules Echo, I'll work on it tonight and post a new thread for this years PTB either tonight or tomorrow.

I know I enjoyed playing the game with you as the hostess, you did an outstanding job on the very time consuming and complicated A.S.S verion, and those challenges rocked! Thank you for doing all that Echo, I will try my best to carry the torch.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

"Yeah!"
Posted by tribephyl on 09-10-04 at 04:36 PM
Allrighty KO!

Good to see not only that the PTB will be going on, but also that you will be hosting. You'll do great.

I'm very excited.

Sn'DCS©MMIV
Upon thee, Mike Darnell, I wish a most serious pox.
The ABC is here! The ABC is here!

Posted by echogirl on 09-10-04 at 09:58 PM
Thanks KO!

I know you will do a wonderful job with this game. I know I had fun hosting it for three seasons and I wanted it to continue.