URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 264
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Episode 14 details"

Posted by AyaK on 04-20-05 at 01:04 AM
Per NBC:

THE APPRENTICE
#314 - BEDAZZLED BY A BEEFY "T"
04-28-2005 9:00PM

"Bedazzled by a Beefy T" - It's down to the final four who are challenged to commemorate a staple of American fashion. One team fights like cats and dogs while the other team goes on a wild goose chase for beads. The winners are treated to a "Top Gun" reward while the losers head to the boardroom where the fifteenth candidate is fired.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Episode 14 details"
Posted by mamamelly on 04-20-05 at 02:39 AM
When I first read this I was confused because I thought that in the past 2 seasons, once it was down to the final four, that the 4 remaining candidates went through a series of interviews and 2 were fired at the same time. Then I realized that since Verna quit, that that probably left them with a corporate sponsorship obligation that they were required to fulfill since they had arranged a specific number of tasks based on the number of candidates that were in the game. I am assuming that is why they are having a two on two task. Does anyone else have any info to prove or disprove this?

Just curious and speculating.

Posted by Pepito on 04-20-05 at 07:11 PM
Welcome to the boards, mamamelly.

Yes, I think that you are right. The next challenge is so that another episode can be added, due to sponsorship obligations. After, The Donald is not known for turning down a buck...

Posted by miss_ganda on 04-21-05 at 00:20 AM
I believe Ayak is describing the last task assigned to the final 2 candidates. Each task is unique, as opposed to the previous weeks where both teams compete against each other for the exact same task. The remaining guy and gal (hint-hint) will be provided limos or luxury vehicles at their disposal, an executive office, a staff comprised of fired candidates, etc., etc.

Posted by janda3 on 04-21-05 at 00:47 AM
It's been hinted that there is a Final 3 bec. Tara quit, so we are short 1 episode.

Posted by miss_ganda on 04-21-05 at 00:56 AM
Gotcha. Sheez, time for me to have my glass of milk and turn in.

Posted by PhoenixMons on 04-21-05 at 12:54 PM
It was Verna who quit, not Tara.

Got blog?

Posted by mamamelly on 04-21-05 at 02:21 PM
I figured that is what happened, but when I started thinking about it, I thought that 2 candidates got fired in one show last season (Maria and Wes). That would have left them 1 short last season, but there was still a final 4 that went through the interview process. I wondered why it was different this time.

Posted by lindan on 04-21-05 at 03:24 PM
A possiblity is that there wasn't enough sponsors last season and DT covered that up by firing 2 candidates in an episode

Posted by chemig on 04-22-05 at 02:06 PM
>I figured that is what happened,
>but when I started thinking
>about it, I thought that
>2 candidates got fired in
>one show last season (Maria
>and Wes). That would have
>left them 1 short last
>season, but there was still
>a final 4 that went
>through the interview process. I
>wondered why it was different
>this time.

Maybe another challenge makes for better TV than scenes from the round robin *Yawn* interviews? That "Interviews for the Final 4" episode was really boring in both Apprentice 1 and 2.

Posted by jae on 04-23-05 at 03:28 AM
mamamelly,

>there was still
>a final 4 that went
>through the interview process. I
>wondered why it was different
>this time.

chemig, NBC decided to have 1 extra task, that's why.

>That "Interviews for the Final
>4" episode was really boring
>in both Apprentice 1 and
>2.

But they could've made it interesting.

Posted by Notrozer on 04-23-05 at 10:42 PM
They only show highlights of the interviews, i didnt ever see anything that would let us make a fair judgement

Posted by djandy on 04-23-05 at 12:19 PM
>One team fights like cats and dogs

Kendra and Craig

>while the other team goes on a wild goose chase for beads.

Tana and Alex

djandy
S8 ABC Red Ink Champ, S7 ABPABC Red Ink Champ, CMY FOMO Red Ink Champ

Posted by bestbuy on 04-23-05 at 08:56 PM
"Top Gun" award. Could it be the Kendra and her team won and she is treated a visit from her father? (Since her father is a top gun pilot)

Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 10:19 AM
He is? I didn't know that! You know, Nick & Amy got family visits in season 1 and someone else got a visit in season 2, right? Was it Jen & Sandy?

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

"Press release ... and spoiler"
Posted by AyaK on 04-26-05 at 03:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-05 AT 03:43 PM (EST)

Before I get to the press release -- if you look at the pix for Ep. 314 on this site:
http://nbcumv.com/entertainment/program_photography.nbc/theapprentice.html?show=theapprentice&page=1&captions=on

...it's obvious that Alex works with Tana, and Kendra and Craig are still a team. Apparently Alex was hoping that the chaos from their infighting would work to his benefit.

(You'll have to download the full-sized pics on your own...)

Now, for the press release -- and notice the term "Apprenti" instead of the correct "Apprentices" in the title.

THE FINAL FOUR APPRENTI TRY ON HANES THIS WEEK ON NBC'S "THE APPRENTICE"
Published: April 26, 2005

THE WINNING DUO GETS TREATED TO A "TOP GUN" AIR COMBAT REWARD

NEW YORK -- April 26, 2005 -- It's down to the final four on NBC's "The Apprentice" with Alex left team-less after last week's boardroom and facing the intimidating trio of Tana, Kendra and Craig (Thursday, April 28, 9-10pm ET/PT). Donald Trump, however, immediately summons the four remaining candidates back down to the lobby to let Alex choose a teammate from the opposing squad. His decision rattles "Magna" setting the stage for a competitive final four showdown.

Trump assigns the teams to create and design a commemorative t-shirt for apparel giant Hanes that will "celebrate fifty years of t-shirt culture." Each team works with a renowned pop-culture artist -- Romero Britto for "Magna" and Burton Morris for "Net Worth" -- to manufacture the t-shirt and sell it for one day at the Manhattan fashion boutique "Scoop." The team that generates the most profit wins.

During the task, one team scores a marketing coupe by working with the artist's fan database while the other team bedazzles their product with rhinestones and kicks up profit considerably. Back in the boardroom, Trump ignores George & Carolyn's wishes and unleashes an unexpected cobra.

The winning duo takes off to the skies during a "Top Gun" air combat reward.

Remaining Candidates:
"NET WORTH": Alex plus one member from "Magna"
"MAGNA": Kendra, Tana, and Craig

"The classic T-shirt is a must-have in everyone's wardrobe, helping people express their individual style for an amazing fifty years," said Sidney Falken, Hanes Brand Champion. "Hanes was thrilled to partner with The Apprentice in celebration of this milestone, and we were so impressed with both original designs that we are going to begin selling them immediately following the air-date." Consumers can visit Hanes.com on how to buy these Hanes T-Shirts.

About Hanes

Hanes is a leading brand of intimate apparel, underwear, sleepwear, socks, shoes and casual apparel. Hanes is a flagship brand of Sara Lee Branded Apparel, which is an operating unit of Sara Lee Corporation.

"The Apprentice" is produced by Mark Burnett Productions in association with Trump Productions LLC. Mark Burnett, Donald Trump and Jay Bienstock are executive producers. Conrad Riggs and Kevin Harris are co-executive producers.

Soylent Green: recycling America, one person at a time.

"Thoughts..."
Posted by idiotcowboy on 04-27-05 at 05:25 PM
> During the task, one team scores a marketing coupe by working with the artist's fan database

Since we see Alex-Tana's creation is not rhinestoned, I think we can say this one is them.

> while the other team bedazzles their product with rhinestones and kicks up profit considerably.

based on that this would be Craig-Kendra.

> Back in the boardroom, Trump ignores George & Carolyn's wishes and unleashes an unexpected cobra.

What exactly does this mean? Are we primed to loose one one of the rising stars Tana/Kendra? I can't see a scenario in which Alex-Kendra loose and Alex is not fired, but I could see George and Carolyn defending Tana over Alex when Trump sees Tana as being the one at fault. Would he actually fire Tana though?!?

On the other hand I don't know that George/Carolyn would favor either Craig or Kendra. From what we have seen it appears Kendra has more going for her, but we are shown so little its hard to know for sure what G/C thinks about them. Both have had success which should mean neither is favored in strickly from that stand point, and the bickering is clearly a two-way street... if they go it's a toss-up which one is fired IMO, but given it should be Kendra's turn to be the PM and the PM has been fired more than not... this doesn't bode well for her.

-ICB

"RE: Thoughts..."
Posted by papaya on 04-27-05 at 08:12 PM
Britto has a larger business base and I think he is more likely to have a mailing list and a fan base -just my impression from the two artists web sites.

The picture is not clear about the rhinestone on the T shirt- It may as well be on Net worth's T. In any case rinestones sound a lot more like Tana and Marketing to a list allot more like Kendra.

The "Cobra" is really a red herring ala MB.
Trump to Tana, you did a lousy job.. bla bla bla... George& Carolyn
no she's better than Alex..Bla Bla Bla... But Tana you are the PM
regardless of what G&C say.... Well but you did fail 6 times Alex your fired. (hence the "cobra" and going against G&C at some point in the boardroom)