URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 264
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Cancelled TV Shows"

Posted by skyhoneybear on 05-21-04 at 12:13 PM
I am getting tired of good shows getting cancelled, espcecially ones that only got one chance. Here are some cancellations that really upset me

1.Its all relative(abc)
2.Whoopi (NBC)
3.10-8 (abc)
4.Wanda Sykes show (fox)

"I don't wanna grow up, I'm a grown a$$ kid"---Kayne West "Through the Fire"

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Cancelled TV Shows"
Posted by oddglass2 on 05-21-04 at 12:44 PM
This one might be a bit old, but I was upset they cancelled Miracles on ABC - that's the last one that really bothered me.

It was a good premise and it wasn't played out enough for it to really catch on - they put it on Mondays at 10 then stopped showing it, then showed it again - if they invest so much money on a pilot and ads, why not let the show have at least 1 season to play out then cancel it.

On a side note, I love your sig - it's kind of hypnotic!

Posted by skyhoneybear on 05-21-04 at 01:03 PM
Thanx

"I don't wanna grow up, I'm a grown A$$ kid"---Kayne West "Through the Fire"

Posted by MollyTV on 05-21-04 at 04:58 PM
wow!! i thought i was the only one who liked the wanda at large show.
that show was laugh out loud funny. when she and her co-star on the news show got into insults i couldn't stop laughing.
i think they just had it on a bad night...but i loved it.
mollytv

Posted by missygirl3 on 05-22-04 at 11:48 AM
Does it not amaze you what great shows they cancel , but they keep crap like Everybody Loves Raymond and basically every sitcom on CBS. Sorry, but NOT everybody loves raymond.

Posted by skyhoneybear on 05-24-04 at 11:42 AM
Exactly!

"I don't wanna grow up, I'm a grown a$$ kid"---Kayne West "Through the Fire"

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 05-26-04 at 04:43 PM
Love the sig, but didn't like any of the shows you've mentioned Sorry.

I do miss Wonderfalls tho. And Miss Match.

TummyBreez

a beautiful kyngsladye original
Proud Member of the RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Group

Posted by oddglass2 on 05-27-04 at 03:56 PM
They cancelled Miss Match? I loved that show too! They shouldn't have put it on Fridays - if they had put it on Thursday right after Friends it would have been much better for the show.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 05-27-04 at 05:18 PM
I'm assuming they've cancelled Miss Match, as I haven't seen it in months. But who knows if they're planning on pulling it back out at some point.
I'm just glad Nip/Tuck is coming back

TummyBreez

a beautiful kyngsladye original
Proud Member of the RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Group

Posted by AugustGirl on 05-27-04 at 08:42 PM
Hi Tummy!

I'm so upset about Wonderfalls. It was a great show.

a JSlice original. isn't she something?

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 06-06-04 at 03:35 AM
My two favorites were cancelled:
Wonderfalls (liked it better than Arcadia)
Boston Public

CASH Secretary of Hospitality

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Sweater_Puffs on 06-11-04 at 10:49 PM
Yeah, they seemed to have cancelled Kindom Hospital without resolving loose ends. They produced it, they might as well show it. They owe that, at the very least, to Stephen King.

At least they had 2 hours of Line of Fire on the other weekend to tie up some loose ends.

It's not like they have anything else to fill its spot in the summer time, so they may as well take care of their audience.

It took them the longest time to run the final episodes of The Restaurant on NBC.

"Kindgom Hospital"
Posted by kelli_blue on 06-19-04 at 11:02 AM
Yeah, they seemed to have cancelled Kindom Hospital without resolving loose ends.

I've heard they are going to show the unaired episodes starting the 24th. I certainly hope so, I really enjoyed KH and want to at least see how it ends.

"RE: Kindgom Hospital"
Posted by PagongRatEater on 10-24-05 at 01:58 PM
Just seeing the name reminds how much I liked this show. They did wrap it up nicely, but there was room for the story to go on as well.

I already know you don't, but I REALLY want to believe you look like the Pringles guy. J Slice

Posted by susang on 10-24-05 at 01:11 PM
This is going back several years, but I miss Freaks & Geeks. The kids were real, not supermodels. Above all, the show was believable. Excellent soundtrack of late 70s/early 80s songs!

Posted by bullzeye on 10-31-05 at 08:52 AM
That is exactly the show I thought of when I read the title of this thread. That was a wonderful show which the critics loved - just couldn't find an audience. You can catch the main character on Kitchen Confidential as a sous chef.

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 11-04-05 at 07:21 AM
Catch KC while you can... it's a critical darling, meaning it's too smart for Network TV. It's also in the death slot after Arrested Development. It comes back the 14th, according to my TiVo.

"Speaking of Draco, he has serious issues, still, the little snot." - kathliam

Posted by Lucyindasky24 on 11-17-05 at 06:02 PM
I may be in the minority...but i was upset when they cancelled the contender. i really enjoyed it

Posted by PagongRatEater on 11-17-05 at 06:10 PM
You DO know that it was picked up by ESPN and will be back on in the spring, right?

I was disappointed too and can't wait for next season!

I already know you don't, but I REALLY want to believe you look like the Pringles guy. J Slice

Posted by Lucyindasky24 on 11-26-05 at 09:12 PM
OMG i didn't know!!!! I'm really excited! Awesome!