URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID77
Thread Number: 261
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"LOST "

Posted by JMORRISON23 on 09-19-05 at 07:34 PM
I REALLY LIKE LOST BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW LOCK GOT INJURIED AND IF CHARLIE BROUGHT BACK HERIONE FROM THE PLANE? ALSO IF THERE IS REALLY PEOPLE ON THE ISLAND MAYBE THEIR INSIDE THE HATCH, ALSO MAYBE DANEILLE IS ONE OF THE PEOPLE AND ITS ALL AN ACT TO DRIVE THEM INTO THE OPEN. ALSO IF SAWYER IS IN THE OCEAN ALMOST DROWN WHY ARE THE SEASON TWO TRAILERS SHOWING HIM ON LAND? WHAT DID KATE DO IN THE FIRST PLACE TO BE A FUGUTIVE?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: LOST "
Posted by ladro on 09-19-05 at 10:53 PM
> I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW
>LOCK GOT INJURIED AND IF
>CHARLIE BROUGHT BACK HERIONE FROM
>THE PLANE?
>WHAT DID KATE DO IN
>THE FIRST PLACE TO BE
>A FUGUTIVE?

Well, we know Locke (SP?) didn't get injured in a hunting accident or by a car backing over him.

Even if the Madonna Statue that Charlie brought back from the airplane is empty, he could surely find his way back to the airplane to get more H. So, I am not understanding the drama related to whether Charlie brought H back from the plane.

We know Man Killer Kate staged an armed robbery of a crowded Bank in order to retrive a toy airplane from a saftey deposit box. Do you really need to know anything else about her?

Posted by Femme on 09-19-05 at 11:46 PM
We know Man Killer Kate staged an armed robbery of a crowded Bank in order to retrive a toy airplane from a saftey deposit box. Do you really need to know anything else about her?

The orignal question wasn't "Is Kate really bad?" but rather "What did she originally do that made her a criminal?"

In reverse order:

1. She is on the run in Sydney. Gets turned in by the farmer. She's a wanted fugitive.
  2. She robbed a bank to get a toy airplane that belonged to the boy she loved as a young girl, Tom, with whom she buried a time capsule.
  3. Tom is shot while helping her see her mother in the hospital. Arguably, he is shot because of her. In other words, she got him killed. She killed him. She flees the scene, and the airplane is collected by the fed who stores it in a safety deposit box.
  4. Before that, Tom and Kate drive out to where they buried their time capsule and dig it up. In it is Tom's airplane and a cassette tape of the two talking about the other contents. Kate alludes to something unpleasant/dark/unmentionable while speaking on tape (presumably at a pre-teen or teen age. Perhaps it's the reason she "turns bad" or whatever. Maybe she killed a man who molested her... whatever the case is, when she and Tom dig up the capsule and she asks for his help so she might see her dying mother, Kate is already a fugitive or a wanted felon.

Why? That's the question originally asked. What did she originally do that caused someone to put armed guards on her mother's hospital room, made Tom have to sneak around to help her, got Tom killed, encouraged Kate to rob a bank to get back her "Tom Momento" and then finally had her on the lam in Australia, where she was eventually nabbed.

(I think it strange that the Fed guy took the plane and had it in a safety deposit box. Why only that one piece, when there were several other things on the backseat of the car where Tom died? It's like he was taunting her, or has some personal vendetta against her. It's rather weird, but it just doesn't seem like "procedure" for a law enforcement guy to have one piece of "evidence" in his private box, and that being the one piece that apparently means most to Kate. There's something hinky there, and it points to a creepy Fed, in my opinion.)

I also wonder how Locke was hurt. I am also hoping Charlie didn't take any heroin, but I don't think Danielle is bad. If she is, I don't think she's on the side of the "others."

Posted by ladro on 09-20-05 at 09:19 AM
Thank you for repeating the original question. All of Morrision's questions were unanswerable (the script probably has not even been written that far out in some cases). I assumed Morrison knew the questions were unanswerable and that he/she was just asking rhetorical questions as a means of stimulating discussion. Some times I assume too much.

What about my question. "I" am curious as to the public interest in Kate's original crime. The interest is something "I" don't understand. So what if Kate was framed for a murder she didn't commit, or committed in self defense. She is still a psycho criminal for staging an armed robbery of a crowded Bank just to get a toy airplane. Yes, I understand it is a different question that what Morrison asked. Yes, it is all about me.

Posted by Femme on 09-20-05 at 10:12 AM
No, I getcha. I don't excuse any of Kate's behaviors, but I still am curious how she got started on the path to becoming a criminal.

That doesn't mean that I would condone her behavior at all, just that I am curious. I never have been much of a student of psychology, but I certainly am interested stuff like this. Just as I am interested in Locke's injury (Who cares? All that matters is that he can walk now!) or Sayid's hunt for Nadia (who cares if he finds her? He used to torture people as a part of the Special Republican Guard in Iraq) or Walt's psychic abilities and how they seem to be based on the things he reads (so what? didn't he sic the polar bear on everyone? twice?).

I understand your dismissal of Kate as just a criminal with no hope of redemption, but to not wonder about her backstory and to treat her as if she really was someone who robbed a bank in real life is silly. She's a character. She wouldn't be a character if there wasn't a story there, and it's that that I am (and others are) interested in.

The original post might have had "unanswerable questions," but certainly those of us on the boards like to wax on and on about possible theories and potential outcomes.

"RE: New to Lost"
Posted by JMORRISON23 on 09-20-05 at 10:24 AM
I just watched Lost last week and yesterday was the first time I was on the board and asked a question. This mourning I posted the same message and did't relize it I'm new at this and sorry for looking like I asked the same questions.

"RE: New to Lost"
Posted by Femme on 09-20-05 at 10:30 AM
I know you weren't talking to me, but it's cool. Welcome to the boards, and thanks for not shouting anymore.

(And, I appreciate the discussion here. I didn't see the show until reruns, so unless I want to have the whole next season spoiled, there really aren't any other theory-discussions on this forum that are active. So, thanks. )

Posted by JMORRISON23 on 09-20-05 at 08:03 AM
>> I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW
>>LOCK GOT INJURIED AND IF
>>CHARLIE BROUGHT BACK HERIONE FROM
>>THE PLANE?
>>WHAT DID KATE DO IN
>>THE FIRST PLACE TO BE
>>A FUGUTIVE?
>
>Well, we know Locke (SP?) didn't
>get injured in a hunting
>accident or by a car
>backing over him.
>
>Even if the Madonna Statue that
>Charlie brought back from the
>airplane is empty, he could
>surely find his way back
>to the airplane to get
>more H. So, I am
>not understanding the drama related
>to whether Charlie brought H
>back from the plane.
>
>We know Man Killer Kate staged
>an armed robbery of a
>crowded Bank in order to
>retrive a toy airplane from
>a saftey deposit box. Do
>you really need to know
>anything else about her?

Posted by pax on 09-21-05 at 08:37 AM
how about this prospect: kate's father/stepfather/old brother was molesting her and she killed him accidentally/in a fit of anger. her mother blamed kate for everything. that would explain why her mother started screaming when she saw kate. and it might explain why she seems attracted to bad boys.

i still don't get why kate staged a bank robbery just to get the plane -- wasn't there something about the marshal saying he'd planted it the safety deposit box, knowing she'd come after it? -- unless it either has some magical power OR it symbolized when she was young, she was getting abused, and she focused on the plane as a symbol of getting away from what she had to deal with. in that respect, it would be something of a talisman for her.

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 04:08 PM
Why are you shouting?