URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 261
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama!"

Posted by Sweety Tweety on 02-10-05 at 08:01 AM
Does anyone else think that the argument between Paula and Simon last night (2/9) was, well, staged?

It just seemed "rehearsed". They had to know at some point, that there would be contestants that they didn't agree on. It was just a matter of having the opportunity present itself.

I am not sure I understand why they have to throw in the added drama for our viewing pleasure. I enjoy just watching the whole process, and I don't find it necessary for additional production.

I must admit, I do like the petty disagreements that the contestants have, that seems more true to life, and that is enough drama to sustain me.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Paula! Simon! Oh, The Drama!"
Posted by Ricky on 02-10-05 at 08:15 AM
Does anyone else think that the argument between Paula and Simon last night (2/9) was, well, staged?

Yes. The arguments between Paula and Simon don't seem genuine anymore. They really like each other, and are just playing a part for the TV show.

I hate to say it, but the whole show is getting a little old and predictable.

Sig pic by Angelfood. Underdog is a registered trademark of Sony Music (Video) Inc.
Opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the view of Underdog or Deputy Dog.

Posted by Flairmarq on 02-10-05 at 10:18 AM
Why don't Simon, Paula, and Randy have one pick on their own to get through? And why now are they enforcing the rules? Did Donald Trump influence them or what? Yeah its getting old, but next year, Paula is off, or at least rumored.

Posted by okaychatt on 02-15-05 at 02:45 AM
<Paula is off, or at least rumored.

Of her own volition, or Simon's?

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by lissa37 on 02-17-05 at 06:42 PM
Where is everyone hearing this? I've read elsewhere that Paula is rumored to be leaving. Where did you hear this rumor?

"They couldn't even help snickering"
Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 02-10-05 at 12:31 PM
during the whole debacle.

Posted by callalilly3000 on 02-10-05 at 08:39 PM

I don't know about that. I have seen Paula act, and she isn't THAT good!

Slice and Dice Shop 2004

"Maybe Simon was pinching her under the counter."
Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 02-11-05 at 06:10 PM
Or pinching her juice......

Posted by lissa37 on 02-13-05 at 12:21 PM
I don't think it was staged. It seemed real to me. Someone mentioned that they (Paula & Simon) really do like each other. This is true, but I still belive the arguments are real. The whole audition process must be frustrating. Watchings hundreds of singers a day, or however many it is, most of them performing badly, and constantly having to give your opinion about them...I know I would be stressed! By the end of the day, it woudln't matter if I was working with my best friends - I would probably still argue with them. Paula's never liked being the only one of the three judges to like a contestant. I think she gets tired of seeing people she liked get kicked out, so occasionally she snaps. And that seems realistic to me, not fake.

Personally, I enjoy the drama with the judges. But, that's just me.

Posted by lyrker on 02-13-05 at 11:37 PM

Yeah. I've thought that a few times. Especially with as quick as they were all kissy-huggy afterward.

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
- Jeremy Schwartz

Posted by consise10 on 02-14-05 at 06:50 PM
Arguments between judges and contestants and judges are all part of the whole Idol appeal..To me it`s something I really enjoy watching.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 02-21-05 at 11:26 AM
It's hard to know if it's staged or not.....poor Paula has been doing so much stuff to her face, that you aren't seeing true facial expressions.

Posted by consise10 on 02-22-05 at 04:29 AM
you are right aquariaqueen,and don`t you think Paula wears too much make up?

Posted by aquariaqueen on 02-22-05 at 07:09 AM

Definitely too much of sumfin'.

Posted by consise10 on 02-23-05 at 04:43 AM
I mean does she honestly have THAT MANY acne scars,aquariaqueen?