URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 260
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"What was Sean thinking??"

Posted by sz77 on 01-21-04 at 02:12 AM
I am disturbed by next weeks previews, particularly with sean. Any rationale 300 pound guy who doesn't work out should know he has zero chance of climbing a rope. Yet sean apparently stands there and tries over and over, sweating and straining and making a fool of himself, much like a fat grade school kid would. The difference is the grade school kid has to make an effort. If I were sean, i'd go up there and give a short speech about how this isn't his thing, he's a chef and not an athlete, and the ability of climbing a rope isn't something necessarily important in his life. He should graciously decline, or at most if required to try by the show, briefly demonstrate in a dignified manner that his arms are not strong enough to lift his weight. Instead he appears to foolishly go for it and struggle, which in effect just opens him up to criticism and leaves him ripe for embarassment.

We'll have to wait and see the show, but the way it is shown in the previews, i'm afraid he handled the situation very poorly.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: What was Sean thinking??"
Posted by hunterjax on 01-21-04 at 01:06 PM
Wow, that's a really interesting point you bring up. It's really made me think. When I saw that bit of the preview, I cringed just thinking about how torturous that exercise always was in elementary school.

You are right: As an adult, Sean doesn't have to subject himself to such a humiliation. In order to be true to himself, Sean should take the dignified route by passing on the activity. But I can also understand the pressure that must be involved in that scenario. If the only way for the guys to get one-on-one dates is to win some stupid athletic contest, then I imagine it's hard to take the high road knowing you might miss out on an opportunity. The guyathalon proved that coming in last place is okay, as long as you don't give up. Maybe Sean was hoping he'd win a date based on that logic - twice. The more time you get to spend with the girl, the better chance of winning.

I would love to see a reality show contestant take the high road. Then again, that would be somewhat antithetical to the premise.

"RE: What was Sean thinking??"
Posted by MizLiz on 01-21-04 at 04:18 PM
What got me this week was Sean saying that perhaps he might have to actually go on a diet. Hel-LOOO!! Yes you do! You are gross! He's not going to get even an ugly girl looking like that IMO. For health reasons, if nothing else. So he can cook. big deal.