URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 260
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"CSI Miami in New York"

Posted by dangerkitty on 05-18-04 at 01:13 PM
OK, does anyone else tune in to "CSI: Miami" just to see David "So Bad He's Good" Caruso and his mannerisms? The choreography of the sunglasses, the unusually placed pauses between words, the ultra-sensitive personal interest in the victim's loved ones? Not to mention his god-like ability to walk up to any other person working on the case and make *just* the right suggestion or observation that allows them to move forward. No one else would get anything done if not for "H"!

Hubby and I actually laughed out loud last night, though, after his initial exchange with Gary Sinise. To introduce the new "CSI: New York", we were asked to believe that he could walk right into a crime scene (that the other, local folks had just been dismissed from), present himself as CSI Miami, and gain access to all info and be included. No credentials, no questions asked. He could just up and leave Florida, fly up there without apparently letting any of the New Yorkers know he was coming, with the intent of knocking on the door of his suspect, alone. It was just too funny! Oh, and the dialogue? Not at all stilted. (/sarcasm)

But, hey, be sure to watch "CSI: New York"! It's different than Las Vegas and Miami! For instance, although their crime scenes seem to be no better lit than the other two locations, their lab is actually very bright, and the techs and CSI wear white lab coats! Sure, they've got the standard-issue tank top on underneath, but still... Yes, they're all as good-looking as usual, and they make even worse puns and plays on words, (all in good fun while discussing victims of hideous murders, dontchaknow) - but they BAG the DBs hands and print them back at the lab, rather than printing them on the scene! It's this kind of fascinating detail that will make the New York edition unique.

dangerkitty

Though I admit, I have a hard time watching the CSIs much because of the gore factor...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: CSI Miami in New York"
Posted by Bebo on 05-18-04 at 01:43 PM
I just wanted Gary Sinise to turn to him and say, "Didn't you used to work with Sipowitz?"

*hearts* Gary Sinise

Have whip, will travel.

Posted by miamicatt on 05-18-04 at 01:59 PM
I *heart* Gary too.

But how funny was the ending? Of course we had to have the standard "H putting on his sunglasses" ending but what was with the "he was there and now he's gone" ghost behavior? Silly...

Kick-a$$ new sig by JSlice!

Posted by dangerkitty on 05-18-04 at 04:11 PM
what was with the "he was there and now he's gone" ghost behavior?

I think it's part of the "god-like" thing. Like he just dropped in from the heavens to help them solve their case in record time (of course, it was nice of the killer to leave his plane ticket jacket with the address written on it in his top drawer, and a multitude of bloody fingerprints) - then POOF! He's gone! Was he really here, or was it just a dream? Who was that masked, er, sunglassed, man?

And of course, Sinise was about to give him credit for his invaluable help. And "H" doesn't want credit. He....just wants to know.......that the crime.....has been solved. And his promises..............Kept.

<cue the sunglasses>

POOF!

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 05-19-04 at 00:59 AM
>what was with the "he was
>there and now he's gone"
>ghost behavior?

What do you mean -- all the superheroes do that...

I'm just glad I wasn't the only one who found the NYC crime scene walk-in absurd

-SB

Posted by littlemisssmartypants on 05-18-04 at 02:10 PM
I could only do the dialogue justice if you could hear me right now.....it was so funny to hear them speak to each other in their low, gravelly, very serious voices. You'd think they might shake the format up a bit. The head is always a man, the second in command is a woman, the lab geek, and the balck ME.
Try something new!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by dabo on 05-18-04 at 02:14 PM
Rats, I missed it! Much as I like Sinise, I think NYC is saturated with crime dramas right now, we really need one set in Honolulu.

Posted by Bebo on 05-18-04 at 02:20 PM
I should work for CBS. How's this for an idea for the next CSI?

CSI: Honolulu starring Taye Diggs.

See? I joined ideas from the two previous posts to come up with a terrific idea. I know I'm not the only woman who would be enjoying that show...especially if Taye stripped down a few times each episode as part of his investigation.

Have whip, will travel.

Posted by dabo on 05-18-04 at 02:28 PM
Woo-Hoo!

okay, who is taye diggs?

Posted by Bebo on 05-18-04 at 02:46 PM
He's the reason Stella got her groove back.

Have whip, will travel.

Posted by KScott on 05-18-04 at 03:00 PM

- of course it's a Slicey!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

Posted by miamicatt on 05-20-04 at 07:10 PM
And the only reason I watched that ridiculous "Malibu's Most Wanted" movie. Dumb movie but Taye is quite funny in it. It's worth a rental just to see him.

Posted by dangerkitty on 05-18-04 at 04:05 PM
Now there's an idea!

Instead of the "sunglasses on and off" move, Taye would demonstrate the "shirt on and off" move. Instead of the dramatic pauses between words, it would all be one long dramatic pause, while he stares smokily at the camera. Mmmmmmm.....

And instead of the camera shots all starting at the shoes, it would zero in on the butt.

dangerkitty

Posted by Bebo on 05-18-04 at 04:09 PM
I would also like to suggest that this be a musical version, since his voice is as awesome as his bod.

Torn between the smoky stare into the camera and the disarming smile.

Have whip, will travel.

Posted by miamicatt on 05-20-04 at 07:14 PM
CSI: Los Angeles starring Mark Furhman
CSI: San Francisco starring Brandon from Survivor: Africa
CSI: Seattle starring Kelsey Grammar
CSI: Nantucket starring the cast of Wings
CSI: Dallas starring Colby

Pretty soon the entire TV schedule will be nothing but CSI.

"New York"
Posted by trigirl on 05-26-04 at 07:53 AM
I think NYC is saturated with crime dramas right now.

As much as I love that city, I'd have to agree. Do you think that all these NY shows could cut down on costs by sharing their arial shots of NY. I felt like I was watching "Without a Trace".

If it wasn't for Gary Sinise, wouldn't have watched. Kudos to the casting crew.

Posted by woeisme1 on 08-03-04 at 05:52 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-04 AT 05:55 PM (EST)

We may not have a CSI here but we do have a police drama about to emerge called (what else?) Hawaii. Look for me in the background (hey, ya never know-LOL). Hopefully it will be better than that hideous new show, the name of which I can't recall as it is so unmemorable, set on North shore (that could be the name of it I guess) at the Turtle Bay Hotel.

Being a resident, I will, no doubt, critique it for you.

ETA: I missed it too and can't stomache Caruso but LOVES me some Senise. I was probably watching Schmo at the time. (not even sure when CSI: Miami is on but I am okay with that)

Fish and Game Officer of G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

Handcrafted by RollDdice, who rocks my world as much as IceCat.

remember to say only things that, if it were the last words another person were to hear, would not have caused harm

Posted by nailbone on 09-24-04 at 03:46 PM
Hawaii stars Michael Beihn (sp?) and it's actually pretty good.

And that other show is called North Shore, and I've never watched it.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Omnia in bonum o-

Posted by buckeyegirl on 05-18-04 at 07:38 PM
Not to deviate from the Taye Diggs conversation...but did anyone notice how bright and sunny it was in Miami and how dark and gray it was in New York? I hope the sun comes out every now and then in New York next season....

-Will be suckered into watching CSI: New York because I also *heart* Gary Sinese, and like Melana with the really, really long name...

Posted by dabo on 05-18-04 at 09:16 PM
That would certainly explain the lack of grass-skirted hula dancers in the show.

SMILES ARE FREE

Posted by PagongRatEater on 05-26-04 at 00:05 AM
It WAS dark....with a faint tint of blue.

Posted by Loree on 05-25-04 at 01:11 PM
OK I love the original CSI in Vegas. But I have never been able to watch the Miami series. I can't stand David Caruso. And no matter how often I try to watch an ep I always end up disgusted and I change the channel. I kept hoping at first they would kill off "H". But now I have given up on that dream. What is with him standing with his hands on hips like Superman? Ewww! And when he wears his sunglasses indoors but stands outside and squints without them. What an idiot. But I forced myself to watch the ep where they introduced the NY team. I want to watch that series and Gary Sinese. But it meant I had to put up with Caruso. I kept hoping when he walked in the dark apartment wearing his shades that he would trip and fall downstairs. How that show stays up in the ratings with Caruso is beyond me.

Posted by Swami on 05-26-04 at 11:17 AM
I too love the original but hate Caruso. I tried to watch Miami twice and vomited both times. I decided to NOT watch the Miami introduction of CSI-NY because I was afraid that Caruso would somehow spoil the show for me, plus I am tired of shampooing my carpet.

I have high hopes for CSI-NY! Gary Sinese can carry the show unless the scripts really suck. But I agree with dabo that we need a good show set in Hawaii. I still miss Magnum, P.I.

"Yeah Swami"
Posted by trigirl on 06-09-04 at 02:06 PM
I still miss Magnum, P.I

<sigh> Loved me some Magnum.

"RE: CSI New York"
Posted by PagongRatEater on 08-03-04 at 11:04 AM
I keep seeing commercials for the NY version - which I cannot wait for - BUT they have to stop showing everything in NYC in blue. I grew up in New York and I can assure you that there is not a faint blue tinge to everything in the city. I swear no matter how good Gary Sinese and CSI are, I will not watch a show that looks like it emerged from one of Van Gogh's bad moods!

Posted by cqvenus on 08-05-04 at 10:32 AM

I will not watch a show that looks like it emerged from one of Van Gogh's bad moods

this is my favorite line of the day. i know you didn't say it today. but i *found* it today. so there.

~ cq

first nude cheesy man now this - BostonT

Posted by trigirl on 08-16-04 at 01:19 PM
BUT they have to stop showing everything in NYC in blue.

I was wondering what was up with that. Thought maybe Bono lent his sunglasses to the camera man.

"Miami Hype"
Posted by dabo on 08-20-04 at 10:46 PM
One of the regular characters is going to get offed in the season premiere. Read that somewhere.

Who's betting Khandi walked away from another good gig? She has a habit of doing that.

(Of course, all the the characters on that show are forgettable anyway.)

"RE: Miami Hype"
Posted by Loree on 08-25-04 at 09:01 PM
I was just disappointed to find out it wasn't David Caruso's character.

Posted by dabo on 09-22-04 at 03:04 AM
Well, at least it was one of the two characters I couldn't ever keep straight. Did they ever say why the gun jammed?

Posted by Singsing on 09-22-04 at 11:45 AM
I'm glad that Speed died. The actor played too arrogant, show-off.

If only David Caruso could improve too.

Posted by miamicatt on 09-23-04 at 06:22 PM
I was disappointed. I was a little warm for Speed's form. That was probably what did it -- usually the characters I like are the ones who get offed.

MC Kitt-Katt in the hizzouse

Posted by HeywasupBoop on 12-08-05 at 08:20 PM
I liked Speed, I was sorry to see him go...he was a bit unusual but I liked that in his character.
I like the blonde lady I can't think of her name at the moment but they could improve on her speech..she doesn't speak clear at all.
When I first started watching the show I could hardly understand what she was saying..my husband and I would always say ..."what did she say" I guess we are getting use to her voice because we don't say that as often.

I think of the three CSI shows I like New York first, Miami second and Las Vegas last.
Las Vegas use to be number one until they split them up..and took the one guy out of the lab..he was so funny in the lab and now he's too serious.

Posted by samboohoo on 09-22-04 at 09:11 PM
It was ruled "gun malfunction" but it was implied that he slacked off in keeping it clean.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by nailbone on 09-24-04 at 03:52 PM

I thought CSI:NY was just a bit creepy. And the subject matter of how, and why, the bad guy was doing what he was doing was creepy.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Omnia in bonum o-

"Another show from New York"
Posted by Surveysez on 09-26-04 at 10:23 AM
Cause
"There are eight million stories in the Naked City... this has been one of them."

Surveysez

Posted by willinCal on 11-22-05 at 04:13 PM
Tuned in to watch last week's episode where Ryan got shot in the eye with a nail gun. Ugh! My head was hurtin' just watching that episode.

In last night's episode about the gamers living out one of those video games literally, there was an extended ending on CBS' website. Obviously, it's toting the Hummer H3. Ryan was being told by that news lady that there is a mole within the CSI. Who could it be?

Posted by okaychatt on 12-05-05 at 11:01 PM
<Ryan got shot in the eye with a nail gun. Ugh! My head was hurtin' just watching that episode.

And now the poor guy may be going blind. I like that character.

Cannot stand the cold, precise blonde.

She makes a nice wooden acting pair with Caruso. His sunglasses do more acting than he does.

One would think that a show set in Miami might have characters with WARM blood running through their veins. Those two act like Dracula's minions.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by HeywasupBoop on 12-08-05 at 08:24 PM
Yep that was hard to watch Ryan getting shot in the eye with a nail gun and then the ride to the hospital was just too much ..
I like Ryan too. I hope they don't have him going blind in the show.
I really liked Speed but Ryan was a good choice for his replacement.
Eric needs to chill our and smile more..he's too serious.

Posted by HeywasupBoop on 12-08-05 at 08:14 PM
Yep, I was telling my husband the same thing..those sunglasses scenes crack me up...he spends so much time putting them on and taking them off. it's so much a part of the show if he quit I would think something was wrong with the show..hee hee