URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 259
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Did Larissa say "Welcome Back" to the first Supermodel?"

Posted by jphoya91 on 01-20-04 at 06:07 PM
I believe that Larissa said "Welcome Back" "Nice to See You Again" to the first Supermodel who invaded the Average Joe House at the end of the 1/19/04 show. Did anyone else catch this and if so, what did that mean? (Is it possible that she has met the supermodels before?)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Did Larissa say "Welcome Back" to the first Supermodel?"
Posted by tig_ger on 01-20-04 at 06:18 PM
He was the "himbo" in the limo in the first episode. You know, the one who came to the door and said he WASN'T one of the guys she'd be meeting that night. Then the bus came with the average(?) Joes.

A Kyngsladye Original

Posted by Howard Dean on 01-21-04 at 00:10 AM

Yeah ... I thought it was clever that they did that.

>He was the "himbo" in the
>limo in the first episode.
> You know, the one
>who came to the door
>and said he WASN'T one
>of the guys she'd be
>meeting that night. Then
>the bus came with the
>average(?) Joes.

Posted by ladro on 01-20-04 at 07:40 PM
supermodels? I didn't see any supermodels. All I saw were a bunch of self absorbed wantabe actors.

Posted by Howard Dean on 01-21-04 at 00:09 AM

Ditto to that!

>supermodels? I didn't see any supermodels.
>All I saw were a
>bunch of self absorbed wantabe
>actors.

Posted by foxxxykattt on 01-21-04 at 07:15 AM
Yes - you might recall that he was the handsome limo driver who peaked her interest on that first night when he delivered her to her front door and quipped 'too bad i won't be one of your dates'. I found it quite interesting that not ONE of these "hunks" spoke about larissa on their way to love island....it was ALL testosterone and pathetic desire to beat the crap out of the guy who's already down....while i'm not attracted to any of the average joe's, from the little i saw of the 'gods' brought in....not very impressed with the grey matter there, either. : )

Posted by geg6 on 01-21-04 at 10:44 AM
Foxxxykatt, you hit it right smack on the head. I got so blinded by my hate for what they were saying about the AJs, that I completely missed how Larissa wasn't even a factor for them. She's just the instrument for them to prove their "manliness" and "superiority." They remind me of the high school jocks who used to knock around the geeks in the hallways, thinking that would impress me and my girlfriends into going out with them. When I run into them today, they are still puzzled as to why I insisted on dating guys then who had already graduated and who were not athletes. These types obviously never grow up.

Posted by Traces on 01-21-04 at 12:38 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else think these 'hunks' seem a little 'queer'? And perhaps they are just acting 'butch'? I don't know about you guys, but my gay-dar was going off bigtime!

...But I'm from Pittsburgh!

Posted by MizLiz on 01-21-04 at 04:20 PM
Heh. Wouldn't that be a fine joke on our Larissa, though? I kinda figured a great many of them were.

Posted by micci73 on 01-21-04 at 08:45 PM
She did say "Welcome Back", but I'm pretty sure she said, "Nice to meet you" first. Jim had to remind her that they'd met before. What does that mean?