URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 257
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Fight Details"

Posted by renoguy on 05-24-05 at 11:16 AM
Got some good info about today's fights from the Reno Gazette:

http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html/2005/05/23/100164.php?sps=rgj.com&sch=Umbrella&sp1=rgj&sp2=umbrella&sp3=umbrella&sp5=RGJ.com&sp6=news&sp7=umbrella&jsmultitag=umbrella.rgj.com

My first surprise is all the undercard fights are back to just five rounds. I thought Sly said everything from now on would be seven rounds? I think five rounds will help Anthony survive Ishe (but still probably lose by decision) and make Alfonso a favorite over Jessie in what would of been a tougher fight at seven rounds.

I also think the payouts are a joke. The rigged voting Tarick/Jimmy fight gets the same money as the bronze Alfonso/Jessie match? How is that possible? Tarick and Jimmy fought just once, and lost. Alfonso and Jessie fought three times, several were wars, and won twice.

I'm not sure when the bronze match will take place. In the article it says it will be after the fan favorites. So I'm guessing it will be at 1PM PDT. Also, I sure hope we can watch. It's supposed to be webcast at Yahoo, but I can't find any mention of it yet. And I've never seen a live webcast viewed by hundreds of thousands that works. I'm not optimistic.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Fight Details"
Posted by stephs47 on 05-24-05 at 11:29 AM
Thanks for the info....I've been searching Yahoo all morning for mention of the fights, and I can't find ANYTHING either. I don't even know how to watch something on webcast. If it is available, is it as simple as clicking the mouse? Hope so!!! Let me know if you find anything out. Thanks Steph

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 05-24-05 at 11:40 AM
I found it by clicking on the videos area. There is a box that you click to take you to the live undercards.

As for the payout being a joke. It's a popularity contest. Remember when Ruppert won a Million on Survivor without winning anything. That is Lange/Tarricks prize for rigging the contest...ur I mean winning the popularity.

Posted by stephs47 on 05-24-05 at 11:54 AM
Video area....where at? On Yahoo?

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 05-24-05 at 12:02 PM
I am not trying to be rude, but have you gone to the contender.yahoo.com website where the undercards are being shown? There is a tab clear as day that says "Exclusive Video" click on that. You will see once you click on that there will be a link where I assume the undercards will be shown.

Posted by stephs47 on 05-24-05 at 12:54 PM
I didn't think that you were trying to be rude, but I just didn't know where to go. No need to get the attitude with me. I just have never seen anything like that on the web-site before.

Posted by CubsFan05 on 05-24-05 at 11:39 AM
It is interesting to note that as of press time (probably 10:40PM PT) they still thought Fraza was fighting Bonsante. I wonder if the payouts listed on the article are after the fight change? It sure seems that they are.

Posted by RDIheath on 05-24-05 at 12:22 PM
Have we been able to confirm yet wether we'll get highlights of the undercard fights tonight on the finale? Nowhere have I been able to find ANY confirmation or contrary
Speculation abounds but Id like to get confirmation of some sort as I am unable to do any streaming at work and Im here until 1800 edt

HELLLPPPPP

Posted by stephs47 on 05-24-05 at 12:51 PM
I haven't heard, but I am going to try to watch them on Yahoo. If you would like I could post the winners under a spoiler thread for anyone that wants to know ahead of time. I am still trying to find out when the co-main event is going to take place and what time.

Posted by RDIheath on 05-24-05 at 12:54 PM
That would be great and a good idea
I believe that the co-main event will be live tonight also
Least thats what I just read somewhere. Think its on the NBC home page