URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 2561
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Recap on April 24th"

Posted by sweetpea on 04-08-02 at 08:27 PM
From Scott at SurvivorSucks-the person who always gets the titles in advance of the tv guide

CBS will air a "review of the first 24 days on the island"
on Wednesday, April 24.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Recap on April 24th"
Posted by Loree on 04-08-02 at 09:44 PM
So we will have a recap this season. But isn't that a week later than we usually get it?

Posted by Kokoro on 04-08-02 at 09:50 PM
There isn't really a "usually":

S1 didn't have one
S2 was after Ep 8
S3 was after Ep 7
S4 is now after Ep 8 but not as a standalone weekly episode

Which is good because the recap tends to have horrible ratings (Plus they're moving away from S3 style anything so yay ;)

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Gabriel: "Alright, John go straight! Straight!" - Um, Gabe?

Stop Discrimination Now

Posted by Loree on 04-09-02 at 10:52 AM
I should have looked at the calendar. I didn't realize the 24th is a Wednesday. That's good. I hate when we have to wait 2 weeks for someone to get booted.

I wonder if the recap episode will be used to make the bootee for the next night look better in a different light. They tried to make Jerri look better in the recap before her boot. Either that or it will give some face time to a boring player who is getting the boot next and is UTR.

"Spike in face time?"
Posted by JohnMc on 04-09-02 at 11:20 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-02 AT 11:21 AM (EST)

Good point that this may cause a spike in face time before a boot. Could this point to a Vee boot in Ep 9?

This is also backed by either a Rob/Sean boot in Ep7, and the fact that R/S/V as Old Mu's are clearly outnumbered, and the True Lie that John is going to vote off New Mu when everyone knows that Rotu will reform at the merge just like Boran did in S3.

edit for spelling

"Summary Schedule"
Posted by AyaK on 04-09-02 at 09:44 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-02 AT 08:15 PM (EST)

According to today's TV listings, this appears to be correct. Thus, as Pepe pointed out to me, it will throw off our schedule of dates for the final episodes. If it's OK with you all, I'd prefer to keep each of you writing the same episode number ... which will now fall on different dates.

Let me know if this presents any problems for anyone.

Here is the updated list of writers still to come:

E7: April 11 -- HawkEye
E8: April 18 -- PepeLePew13
E8.5: April 24 (WEDNESDAY) -- IceCat
E9: April 25 -- anotherkim
E10: May 2 -- janisella
E11: May 9 -- ConningOfficer
E12: May 16 -- diamond
E13: May 19 (SUNDAY) -- Superman

Posted by J Slice on 04-09-02 at 11:09 AM
*sigh*... I feel bad for whoever has to cover the Re-Crap episode. SNOOOORE. What a waste of perfectly good show!

-=J=-
President of the Unofficial Dave and Gary fanclub

"Look at the natives!"
"They're not called natives, they're called people. This isn't 1800." - Dave n' Gary

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-09-02 at 12:00 PM
Oh you know IceCat... he'll find a way to make the recrap episode come across as hilarious with his animations. Looking forward to it.

And, AyaK, thanks for checking into this. Moving up a week to April 18th is not a problem at all for me.

"Shhhhh!"
Posted by IceCat on 04-10-02 at 06:11 PM

"RE: Shhhhh!"
Posted by wildchickenhunter on 04-11-02 at 04:46 PM
Why does everyone hate the recrap shows so much? I have been looking forward to seeing Kathy pee on John again. There are rumors that someone named Vee is on the show. May be MB will show her and all the contributions she has made thus far.
You know we will get to see da robfaddah saying some insightful robfaddah stuff. Here is your chance to see the funbags playing on the beach again. I just can't get enough of the shots of Sean sleeping on the beach.
Come on you guys, it has to be good!
Why do you think they call it RECRAP?

"title strange?"
Posted by Ogachu on 04-10-02 at 04:08 PM
The actual title for the recap episode is "Look Closer"

Why wouldn't it be "Look Back" or something to that affect. Maybe it just means they're giving us a closer look at the day to day activities, Should we be looking closely because something might be revealed. I don't know. It just struck me as odd they would word it like that.

"Recap episode description"
Posted by true on 04-10-02 at 04:59 PM
This is the episode description from Zap2it for the recap episode. I don't see much here, but some of you are quite good at reading between the lines. Here is the link-

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/networkupdate.html?25145

Catch "SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS" Highlights on "THE FIRST 24 DAYS" Special (4/24/02)
Tue, Apr 9, 2002 06:36 PM PDT

"Look Closer" -- SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS - THE FIRST 24 DAYS serves up one hour of highlights and never-before-seen footage recapping the castaways' first 24 days on the island of Nuku Hiva, a distant neighbor of Tahiti, on a special broadcast Wednesday, April 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).

An original episode of SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS will air the following night in its usual time period, Thursday, April 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

With the tribe currently consisting of eight remaining survivors (down from the original 16), new footage and highlights will provide futher insight into the first 24 days on the island. This new episode will show the trials and tribulations that ultimately led them to where they now stand as a tribe and, more importantly, as individuals.

The hour will also showcase some of the survivors' most memorable highs and lows as they continue to battle the elements and each other.

The show will also include never-before-seen footage including a bizarre Rotu activity involving the General's luxury item, a humorous outing with Boston Rob as he attempts to serve his Maraamu tribe, the first post-swap waterfall run of Rotu with the original Maraamu members (Rob, Sean and Vecepia) and Sean's attempt to keep the radio show alive at Rotu.

SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS is produced by SEG, Inc. Mark Burnett is the executive producer.

For more detailed information on SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS, log on to www.cbs.com/survivor . To learn more about Nuku Hiva and the Marquesas Islands, log on to .

true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

"Too much focus on Robfather for him to be gone?"
Posted by GuessItRains on 04-10-02 at 05:40 PM
Man I was all primed to cast my vote for Rob and then I see this.

My impression of the recrap episodes has been that they tend to give us NEW things only on characters still in the game (just thinking of Jerri's singing, Frank and the antlers). I do remember a piece on Clarence's war paint, but that actually gave us more insight into people like Kelly than Clarence.

Maybe everybody in the final 8 is really dull compared to Rob, but it sure seems if they are going to be showing new footage of him at the waterfall and serving Rotu it might well be a setup for the fact that he is in fact in the final 8. Same goes for Sean, Vee, and Robert.

"RE: Too much focus on Robfather for him to be gone?"
Posted by ulalame on 04-10-02 at 05:55 PM
I agree. This is potentially a BIG spoiler, imho -- because why would they be focusing so much on castaways that are already gone? I think it would be a bummer to watch the recap episode (I mean, isn't the point of the recap episode to get people who have missed the beginning of the show up to speed so they keep watching?) only to find out that the entertaining people shown therein are already gone. Moreover, what's the point of "redeeming" Rob and/or Sean (i.e. showing them being likeable, funny and entertaining) only after they'd been booted?

"RE: Too much focus on Robfather for him to be gone?"
Posted by Solitaire on 04-11-02 at 00:53 AM
Eek...this has me wondering about my vote for Rob as well. OTOH, the scene I remember best from the S3 Recrap is the one with Lindsey and Linda, so it's certainly possible that the recrap can show a fair bit of booted Survivors (although I'd rather this show stayed as far as possible from anything done during S3). And even though the preview does focuses on the Robfather, that doesn't mean the episode itself will.

Hoping I'm not just in denial....;)

"RE: Recap episode description"
Posted by Silvergirl1 on 04-10-02 at 06:07 PM
**The show will also include never-before-seen footage including a bizarre Rotu activity involving the General's luxury item

So now we finally get to see what the tribe does with Robert's voodoo doll.

Billions and Billions Cloned

R.I.P. (Recreating In Paradise):
Peter Harkey: Alien from Uranus getting into the best shape of his life.
Patricia Jackson: Nacho Mama chillin' at the Loser Buffet.
Hunter Ellis: The Knuckleheads have spoken sending the Eagle to go scuba diving.
Sarah Jones: Miss No-nos begins her tropical vacation at last.
Gabriel Cade: The teddy bear hugger looks for a new commune where they don't play games.
Gina Crews: Happy trails to our nature guide as she and Hunter meet at the Lover's Lodge. Favorite buffet item: Watermelon

Posted by Kokoro on 04-10-02 at 05:19 PM
There's some interesting speculation about the recap on the EZboard (sorry I can't find it at the moment). Basically, it's saying that the episode after the recap will feature a surprising boot. Ie. Jerri/Kelly G. (Of course we only have 2 previous shows to go on....)

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Gabriel: "Alright, John go straight! Straight!" - Um, Gabe?

Stop Discrimination Now