URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 256
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Pretty Vegas Video Premiere Tonight!!!"

Posted by weltek on 10-17-05 at 03:06 PM
From INXS.com
Pretty Vegas video premiere tonight!
The world premiere of the 'Pretty Vegas' video hits US TV screens this evening on Extra!. To find out its airtime in your region, click here.
Shot and directed by Scott Duncan, fan club members will soon be able to see exclusive personal shots from Jon Farriss from the video shoot in the desert.

There's a picture on the website announcement:
http://www.inxs.com/index.php?section=news&page=home&id=543

I was going to put this on the Pretty Vegas thread, but since it's tonight, didn't want ya to miss it!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Pretty Vegas Video Premiere Tonight!!!"
Posted by Loree on 10-17-05 at 03:08 PM
Great! Isn't it? Can't wait.

Posted by weltek on 10-17-05 at 03:16 PM
I just realized Dish Network doesn't carry UPN *wahhhhahhah*, so I'll have to get our VCR working and tape the CBS showing later tonight.

Posted by Loree on 10-17-05 at 03:43 PM
I was so happy to get my INXS email about this. They actually announced it. But I was disappointed that photo of JD in the video is so tiny on the website. They really need to enlarge it.

Posted by geg6 on 10-17-05 at 04:11 PM
OMH, if that was bigger I'd probably have to change my underwear. Right now.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Posted by Loree on 10-17-05 at 04:53 PM
EXTRA has already aired in some markets. I hear we do not get to see the whole video. We only see about 20 seconds of it. JD and the rest of the guys are looking unshaven and dirty/sweaty. They flip back and forth from in a hangar/garage to riding in a convertible to JD in the desert. I haven't seen it yet. This was just news from others.

Posted by CattyChat on 10-18-05 at 10:56 AM
Did anybody see the video? I was out all day & got home at 7:30, got the email notification about the video & was sad, because Extra airs in my city from 7-7:30. Any word on VH-1 airings???

I'm so sad I didn't get to see it

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Posted by weltek on 10-18-05 at 11:08 AM
I didn't get to see it & am hoping for news on some VH-1 airings. I imagine it will enter the video charts on there at some point.

I surfed VH-1 to see if they had any info & there was none.

-I see their Virgin megastore performance was cancelled yesterday due to weather, but they still hung out for a fan meet & greet.

Posted by Loree on 10-18-05 at 11:22 AM
Seems like Michael is still raining and making himself known. Doesn't it? I guess they even had hail yesterday in LA.

I saw the video. But it was so quick. Early in the show there is a brief clip (blink and you miss it) about the video coming up. Then at the end of the show on a half screen with the closing credits on the other half they show a quick bit of the video. But it is jumping around quickly and the hosts are talking over it at the very first. In fact in some markets the ending got cut off for other news. So it wasn't quite as great a premiere for the video as advertised. But JD did look hot!

"RE: Photos"
Posted by Loree on 10-18-05 at 01:10 PM

>-I see their Virgin megastore performance
>was cancelled yesterday due to
>weather, but they still hung
>out for a fan meet
>& greet.

Photos:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState%7c0%7c-1%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c3%7cINXS%7c-8193%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=3&tag=1

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=CLB&str=12366&styp=clbi&sfld=&nm=INXS&nbc1=1&sortval=4d&PageNum=1

Posted by weltek on 10-18-05 at 11:27 AM
Found this while surfing for more premiere info:

As soon as the video is available on VH1.com, here's how to start requesting it to get it on VH1's Top 20 Video Countdown each week.

1) Post your vote online in the Top 20 Video Countdown Message Board

2) You can also request INXS's video at VH1 by sending an e-mail to videorequest@vh1mail.com

I've heard that spamming the message board is the most effective way to get a video played. Totally stupid method of voting, but that's the way it works.

I'm going to send an email now.

"Download for the video"
Posted by Loree on 10-18-05 at 11:29 AM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=46XFM2ZP

"RE: Download for the video"
Posted by weltek on 10-18-05 at 11:42 AM
Are you sure this is the actual new PV video? I checked this site out yesterday & it was just JD's Rock Star INXS performance of PV. Not that seeing JD is ever a bad thing, I just want me some real video..

Posted by Loree on 10-18-05 at 11:52 AM
This is just the clip from EXTRA. So it is parts of the new video.

Posted by weltek on 10-18-05 at 12:05 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-05 AT 12:12 PM (EST)

Good enough for me to wait for the slow download! Thanks, Loree!

-I've watched it three times in the last five minutes. How pathetic am I?

"RE: Pretty Vegas Video Premiere "
Posted by Loree on 10-19-05 at 02:56 PM
The video will premiere online at vh1.com on Monday, Oct.24th

"RE: Pretty Vegas Video Premiere "
Posted by weltek on 10-20-05 at 09:05 AM
*jumps up & down clapping*
Thanks, Loree!

"Switch"
Posted by Loree on 10-19-05 at 05:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-05 AT 05:07 PM (EST)

They have released the names of the songs that will be on the new album SWITCH

http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalo...308&skuId=91325

1. Pretty Vegas
2. Hot Girls
3. Hungry
4. Afterglow
5. Us
6. Perfect Stranger
7. Devil's Party
8. God's Top 10
9. Remember Who's Your Man
10. Love Is The God
11. Never Let You Go
12. Brighter Future

And on the official DVD of the Rock Star show they are releasing they will include the mini concert after JD's win when he performed some INXS songs.

"RE: Switch"
Posted by weltek on 10-20-05 at 09:06 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-05 AT 09:44 AM (EST)

Two songs with God in the title seems surprising...I never thought of INXS as putting out any religious themed music.

"RE: Switch"
Posted by easilydistracted on 10-20-05 at 06:44 PM
It's interesting that Easy Easy, which was supposed to be the first single, isn't listed here. I remember that during post-finale interviews JD said they were going to pick up the pace on that one as well as virtually rewriting a couple of others from the ground up or something to that effect.

I know Easy Easy live from the finale will be on the DVD portion since that mini set is included but I expected it to be amongst the regular recorded in studio track listings too.

"Watch the entire video NOW"
Posted by Loree on 10-21-05 at 02:28 PM
They have the full Pretty Vegas video up now. All I can say is *THUD*

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/inxs/videos.jhtml

"RE: Watch the entire video NOW"
Posted by weltek on 10-21-05 at 02:36 PM
we must have both been trolling VH-1 at the same time! *THUD* indeed.

Posted by Loree on 10-21-05 at 03:51 PM
I couldn't believe how Hot Kirk looked in the video. I had never thought of Kirk that way before. I always loved his personality. But I never thought of him as Hot. But he looks great in the video. They all look great. JD always looks great on camera. Could the guy take a bad photo?

Posted by weltek on 10-21-05 at 04:08 PM
I was kind of thinking the same thing about Kirk, but didn't want to admit it.

"RE: Pretty Vegas Video "
Posted by Loree on 11-01-05 at 10:22 AM
The Pretty Vegas video has now been played on TV on VH1.

They played PV on VH1. It was the second video they showed on Nocturnal State.

It has been playing in Canada for about a week already on the video channels. It was even #1 on the Top Ten on MuchMoreMusic yesterday for the first time. And it is playing on video channels in Australia. But it hadn't played on VH1 before.

Tonight there is a big push for everyone to vote to get Pretty Vegas on TRL. It's like the old days with Tuesday night voting. All the fans plan to vote all at once instead of spreading it out. They hope it will have stronger results that way.

"RE: Pretty Vegas Video "
Posted by trigirl on 11-03-05 at 07:54 AM
Am I pathetic or what. Read Loree's post and subscribed to MuchMoreMusic on my satellite right away. I was not disappointed. Pretty Vegas was #3 and it is awesome. Even my DH (macho man) said that JD looked hot. I even have to agree that Kirk looked good.

Keep voting too! http://www.muchmoremusic.com/top10/

Posted by lisaevonne on 12-06-05 at 08:02 PM
Who cares! I am so tired of hearing that lame song with that poser J.D..

Posted by weltek on 12-07-05 at 09:47 AM
To each their own. Do you like any of their new stuff? Were you previously an INXS fan before JD?

Posted by geg6 on 12-07-05 at 04:32 PM
Then my suggestion would be that this is a forum and thread that you may want to avoid.

Because we like the song and JD.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Posted by weltek on 12-07-05 at 04:55 PM
That's what I wrote originally, Geg, but decided to give the poster the benefit of the doubt and thought he/she maybe wanted to debate why the song stunk and why JD was a poor choice for the band. 'Cause you KNOW I'm up for that argument!

-I had a very sexy JD dream last night. *drool*

Posted by CattyChat on 12-07-05 at 06:31 PM
I was hoping for more of an explanation/debate from our new poster, too. Maybe we scared her away? We do love our J.D./INXS & Hutchence/INXS here.

BTW, Weltek, I am again jealous, 'cause I haven't had a J.D. dream in WEEKS . My RS DVD arrived today too busy to watch tonight, but tomorrow night is going to be an inspirational eve for me -- some vino & some J.D. Maybe I'll have a great dream & experience some Afterglow of my own

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Posted by weltek on 12-08-05 at 09:26 AM
So you don't want to hear that he was in another dream last night? Only there was no romance in this one. I think this is a sign that I lead a pathetically boring life.