URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 256
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Is anyone still watching The Sopranos?"

Posted by moonbaby on 05-17-04 at 07:58 PM
And if you are, are you wondering why? Last night's episode was the biggest randomest waste of time EVER. Choppy dream sequences don't cut it. Did the writers run out of ideas? Total crap. I even turned it off before it was over!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Is anyone still watching The Sopranos?"
Posted by wildchickenhunter on 05-18-04 at 07:51 AM
Yeah, you would think with only Two Episodes Leftthey would be winding things up.
The dream sequence was terrible.

Flying my car to the nudie bar!

Posted by ginger on 05-18-04 at 01:30 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-04 AT 01:31 PM (EST)

I didn't mind it; it was just too long.

Prior to whacking Big Pussy, Tony had a David Lynch dream, too. If nothing else, it gives past "stars" a chance to come back for a weird bow. Presumably, he wacks Tony B now.

Anyway, it's all about Deadwood.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

Posted by wildchickenhunter on 05-19-04 at 10:55 AM
So are you saying the will be Whacking Big Pussy on Deadwood?
Or are you saying they will be Whacking Big Pussy with Deadwood?

Flying my car to the nudie bar!

Posted by Ra_8secs on 05-18-04 at 04:23 PM
I agree. A stupendous waste of 50 minutes.

-- Ra, Spinning in geo/helio eccentric orbit

Posted by samboohoo on 05-19-04 at 10:31 AM
Still watching, but I was very frustrated with that episode.

There are just 2 episodes left for this season with next season being the final, correct? There's just too much to resolve for this to be it.

We still have to find out about the Russian and if Tony ever finds out about Paulie going to Johnny.

Samboohoo

Posted by StarryLuna on 05-20-04 at 06:44 PM
I gave up on the Sopranos a few episodes ago. The last one I watched was the one with Meadow getting engaged. I just haven't been into this season.

"No woman ever falls in love with a man unless she has a better opinion of him than he deserves."

Posted by MollyTV on 05-21-04 at 05:01 PM
STUPID episode.

but loved seeing the mercedes selling girlfriend again...

gut feeling? its coming back next year.
mollytv aka lex

Posted by Molaholic on 05-22-04 at 10:44 PM
Still watching, but I too thought the dream sequence went way too long. Loved the bit about God calling on the phone though.

Fairly obvious that Tony B will get whacked, but will it be Tony S or one of the New York boys? Also to be resolved, will Carm get her $$? Will Chris get nabbed by the Feds? Will Janice lose it once again and whack her new hubbie, leaving Tony to clean up the mess?

Maybe the series finale next year will be a'la Newhart and in the end, Tony wakes up from his dream of being a Joisy mob boss to go back to his dreary job of History Channel programmer.

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

Posted by Ra_8secs on 05-23-04 at 01:41 PM
On the bright side, there's only 2 episodes left.

-- Ra, Spinning in geo/helio eccentric orbit

"May 23 Episode"
Posted by samboohoo on 05-24-04 at 08:08 AM
Okay, last night made up for the Dream Episode. For some reason, I didn't see that coming. Stupid, stupid Adriana. She should have run when she had the chance. And then when Carm and Tony went up to that piece of property, I thought he was getting ready to whack her too.

Samboohoo

"RE: May 23 Episode"
Posted by zombiebaby on 05-24-04 at 09:17 AM
I thought that would happen to Adriana but not so quick and maybe not to her but to Christopher and maybe next season. I thought that the property that Tony and Carm were looking at was the same place as where Silvio took Adriana also.

Grreat episode finally!

One more of J Slice's Awesome Creations!

"You don't need pants for the victory dance"

"I'm so naive!"
Posted by moonbaby on 05-24-04 at 02:28 PM
I actually thought at first that Kwissafuh DID try to kill himself! Poor Ade. Best episode in a long time. Giant mob war to come!

"RE: I'm so naive!"
Posted by ginger on 05-24-04 at 03:10 PM
I figured her number was up when Tony said "Sil will come to get you." It's never good when Sil picks you up.

Funny how it was still sort of traumatic, even though it's been coming all season and the poor thing really needed to be put out of her misery.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

Posted by TommyBoy on 05-25-04 at 05:25 PM
I had to laugh when my wife (who didn't see the episode) asked if they felt bad about killing her. I said "look at this way, Christopher served her up and Sil called her the C-word."

Anyhow, with rumors that Season 6(the final season) not starting until late '05 or early '06, this season's final better not end in a cliffhanger. All in all, I think it has been a great season.

Posted by samboohoo on 05-25-04 at 10:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-04 AT 10:13 PM (EST)

Yep, I thought Kwissie tried to kill himself. Then I thought that he had been whacked first. Still not sure if/when Adriana figured it out. I think she expected to see a dead Kwissie in the woods there for a minute.

Samboohoo

"RE: May 23 Episode"
Posted by MollyTV on 05-25-04 at 09:24 PM
what a great episode...
i was tearing up when adrianna was crawling away...i felt sooo sorry for her.

i loved tony moving back in with carm....it felt sooo right with such relief.

i also loved the confrontation under the bridge...when tony says "f u" i got chills realizing that the war started.
molly

"Season Finale tonight!"
Posted by moonbaby on 06-06-04 at 12:58 PM
Let's hope it's a good one! Any predictions?

"observation by my friend that makes sense"
Posted by MollyTV on 06-07-04 at 06:07 AM
because adrianna's murder was not "shown" and we see all the killings on sopranos...also because they showed that scene where SHE is driving the car before they show her sitting next to syl...
my friend thinks syl let her go, firing only warning shots and she was driving away thinking of what happened to her.

sounds kind of logical to me.

my exception: what car was she driving...because of course christopher takes her car to airport...maybe syl doesn't tell on adrianna?

molly

Posted by wildchickenhunter on 06-07-04 at 11:23 AM
Watched it last night. Not a bad season finally.
Probaly a good set up for the final season.

Breezy's cabana boy since May 2004!

"Tony's the main guy now"
Posted by Pensha26 on 06-07-04 at 12:43 PM
From what I gathered at the end of the show is that Tony is the big man on top of the mountain now. It is a shame that we have to wait another year and a half to see a new show.

"RE: Tony's the main guy now"
Posted by ginger on 06-07-04 at 01:23 PM
Almost too many ends too neatly tied off - he's back with Carmela, Sack's busted by the Feds, the Tony B problem is "solved", etc. Will Sack flip for the feds next year?

Posted by Pensha26 on 06-08-04 at 02:44 PM
Tont is back with Carmela, but she has her "project" that she is working on. That's one story line. You have little Anthony with his "business venture". You have the wedding. Of course, is Sack going to flip. I think next season it is going to be more about family then anything else. There are still plenty of stories that need to be told and wrapped neatly in a bow. I see Soprano either in jail or dead and the end of it.

Posted by Loree on 06-09-04 at 11:08 AM
I've always thought Tony would be brought down in the end. So death or jail seems about right.

Posted by Molaholic on 06-23-04 at 10:45 AM
So the feds aren't going to come after Tony? His flippin' car was in the driveway! And don't tell me the feds aren't smart enough to follow the footprints in the snow ... find his gat.

I go back to my earlier post ... in the final scene, Tony is just about to be whacked by Pauly Walnuts, then wakes up in bed with Carm, tells her about his weird dream about being a mob boss in Joisey and toddles off to his lonely job as a programmer for the History channel.

fade out.. Newhart theme builds up ...

Posted by JRome on 06-29-04 at 12:06 PM
I thought it was pretty convienet how all those problems with the New York families were just neatly cleaned up when the Feds showed up.

BTW, does anyone remember the commercial for that new show that ran before Sopranos? It looked good but I can't for the life of me remember the name.

Posted by zombiebaby on 06-29-04 at 02:56 PM
Do you mean Carnival? The show that was on in the fall?

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs

Posted by JRome on 07-01-04 at 10:07 AM
No, it's not carnival. It was a show about an actor and his friends living in hollywood. Ring a bell?

Posted by zombiebaby on 07-01-04 at 04:39 PM
Oh yeah the guy from Seinfeld.

"Curb Your Enthusism"

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs

Posted by JRome on 07-07-04 at 06:36 PM
No it's not that either. It's called entourage and it's a new show. It starts on the 18 if youre interested.