URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID19
Thread Number: 255
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Post all questions here!"

Posted by shakes the clown on 10-17-01 at 03:57 PM
Hey guys,

If you have any questions about the show, the cast or anything else just go ahead and post them on this thresd and I will be sure to reply to anything that I can. Also, I will be posting my thoughts on the show, the cast and the production company that screwed the whole thing up with their horseshit rules...I'll do that on a separate thread in the next day or so.

I've had a year to get over this whole experience, but to see it all again really did bring back a lot of the same emotions I was feeling at the time, so I definitely need to vent a little bit..should be fun!

Guess who?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Post all questions here!"
Posted by Robobabe888 on 10-17-01 at 04:16 PM
Michael,

My question is for you: Knowing only two people were going to win "Love Cruise", why did you want to involve yourself with three others? Wouldn't you have had a better chance of winning if you teamed-up with only one female?

Posted by blondejuligirl on 10-17-01 at 04:21 PM
Ok, I'm gonna go out on a limb and attempt to answer this one. So what good would it do if he teamed up with only one female? He needed to have more than one in order to attempt to make any impact on the game. Two girls in the gender jury are MUCH more persuasive than just one, same with the guys. Although, I DO think an alliance or whatever in this game wouldn't really work however you did it. In Survivor it did, but only because the people in the alliance voted as well. In this case, there weren't enough voting members to make much of a difference. Feel free to correct whatever is just complete BS in there Shakes. By the way....do you work in the Loop? I SWEAR I saw you a few weeks ago...but maybe not.

Ta ta

Posted by darin_lover on 10-17-01 at 04:19 PM
hey
i so loved the show!! it was awesome, for whoever didnt like it screw them. i enjoyed it so much. i just wanted to know if melissa brought her bf in the cruise?? whatever happened to her and darin?? u should definitely put a link on what happend to u guys a year after it all happened!!!
ciao

Posted by LadyT on 10-17-01 at 04:19 PM
You proved yourself to be a classy guy by your end game. Do you regret your experiences and looking back, would you change the way you played the game?

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Posted by Fast Eddie on 10-17-01 at 04:21 PM
I had this on a separate thread, but if you want it all here, then I'll repeat it:

Last night and once before, whatever was displayed on your shirt got fuzzed out. Was it something too obscene even for Fox? Or was it a plug for a rival of a sponsor? Or what?

Posted by Brooke on 10-17-01 at 04:23 PM
Where is everybody now? Do any "couples" still talk? Were there any actual "love connections"? Did Big Bully Toni seek therapy? (sorry about the last one, I couldn't resist.)

Posted by Alicia on 10-17-01 at 04:37 PM
Personally, i loved the show... a co-worker and i can't stop the "gossip"! hahaha
Anyways... how did things work out for toni and greg.. did he "wise up" after seeing the TRUE faces of evil toni portrayed?
and of course what is up with darin.... is he really as great as he seemed on the show?
p.s..... you too, also seem like a pretty stand up guy....

"Hey Mike!"
Posted by floridagirl on 10-17-01 at 04:26 PM
Great job on the show!
Do you still keep in touch with the other players?
Did anyone else get sea sick on the boat? How much sailing time did you do?
Hmmm ok one more - out of the whole group who annoyed you the most?
Thanks!

Posted by AresMars on 10-17-01 at 04:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-01 AT 04:28 PM (EST)

1) Is Toni as insane as she appears?

2) Have you spoken with Ralph and if so has explained why he back stabbed you?

3) Once your 15 minutes are up are you going to come back here? There are some newbies in serious need of your flame thrower.

4) Was there any prizes for 2nd and 3rd place?

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

Posted by supershirll on 10-17-01 at 07:16 PM
1) Why did Anthony start the fight between Toni and Jeanette?

2) Are you actually friends with Ralph now?

3) Are you actually friends with Toni now?

Posted by mobylynne on 10-17-01 at 04:34 PM
I consider myself a considerably intelligent person and usually don't watch these shows but unfortunately I got sucked into watching the show from the first night. Probably due to the fact that nothing else was on at the time and also watching made myself feel that my life is definately not as pathetic as some others on the show. Anyway, my question to you Michael is, did the producers of the show ask you all to be more dramatic than you normally would be to spice things up. I can't imagine that the women, and some of the men, could be so caught up in such petty issues. It's only $100,000 a person and after taxes, probably on $50K. I can't believe that people would act like such idiots for that amount of money.

Also, let me ask (now I'm being petty), Toni is supposed to be a personal trainer but in a few scenes it looked like she was a little heavy around the middle. Or is it the camera just adding 10 pounds

Posted by AuroraStar on 10-17-01 at 04:53 PM
Greetings to Michael from a MBTV lurker (we talked in the chat the other night). I seem to remember you saying one night that you had hung out with jeanette, melissa, ralph and toni. I understand the jeanette and melissa thing but what about ralph and toni? Did you guys make up (i know it's been a year and you gotta put the bitterness behind you sometime) or did you just decide to rise above? Speaking of which, what happened to you and ralph? When and why did the bad blood between you two happen?

~AuroraStar~

Posted by grpunk on 10-17-01 at 05:12 PM
I posted this in a different thread, but here goes...

1. Did Anthony find himself homeless after the show? (Not to be a #####, but if anyone deserves it...)
2. Who did Tomiko piss off that she had to suffer the horrible fate of constantly getting stuck with Ralph?

3. Did Adrian ever consider slapping Gina to get her to stop saying "We have a good chance of winning this."

4. What happened with Laura and Tony? (And what does he see in her? She acts like a snoby jr high student)

5. What was the deal with Andrea's voice? Sounds like she's been screaming all night in the mosh pit of a punk show!

6. Was Lisa kissing 2 guys such a huge deal because she'd never kissed one before? I mean come on... Oh, and because some guy says you're attractive, does that always mean he wants you? Get a clue!

7. Has Toni been offered any commercials for sun-glasses. I mean, if putting shades over your eyes can improve anyone's look, it's Toni!

8. Was the whole loser island Toni/Andrea/Laura clique modeled after the movie 'Heathers'. If so, can Toni please be like Heather #1 (*gag* '...corn nuts')

9. Did Greg score with Toni after voting for Mellisa and Darin?
(I'd bet that one's a big NO!)

10. Did Adrian walk up to Toni when all was said and done and say "And NO I don't forgive you for not using the switch card I helped you get to save me! I only said I did so you're gullible ass would vote for me!!!" ????

Posted by MakeItStop on 10-17-01 at 05:38 PM
Shakes, I don't have a specific question, what I (and probably everyone else) would like to know is the behind the scenes stuff that they didn't show. All the little insights, etc. Thanks!

Posted by shanana banana on 10-17-01 at 05:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-01 AT 05:51 PM (EST)

Michael, I thought you played a good game. You got a totally raw deal at the end there. I'm really sorry you didn't win it all -- the ending to this show totally sucked.

I was just curious as to how you felt at the end when no one voted for you and Jeanette? I can imagine it would feel humiliating, embarrassing -- or did you at that point honestly not give a sh!t? Were you pissed that people were voting for Adrian and Gina even though they were booted off so long before? Do you feel like you were the real reason people wouldn't vote for you two as a couple or do you think they were just praising Jeanette to her face but were never intending to vote for her no matter what?

BTW -- Toni is a total byatch and I really hope you haven't bothered to forgive her after all the sh!t she pulled. The world needs less of people like her just marching their way through life, stepping on people, only to be forgiven later on.

Well, LC is done. Looking forward to your comments on Survivor III -- we've got quite a group to work with here. Or have you had enough of reality tv for a while?? LOL

shanana banana

Posted by dusk14 on 10-17-01 at 06:51 PM
Michael- just curious as to how your personal life has changed. Now that the show has aired, have you seen an increase in recognition? I can't imagine that you haven't, but do you enjoy the recognition (I'm guessing...yes) and what do your friends and family think of the whole situation?

Posted by LadyT on 10-17-01 at 07:00 PM
I have to ask this. Its just so a me question. Are you somehow related to Will from BB2? I do hope he will share his prize winnings with you.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

"How much will you get in the settlement?"
Posted by sleeeve on 10-17-01 at 07:21 PM
Just wondering how much you'll get after you sue BMP for making up the rules of a game show as they go along... it's against federal law!! If they planned to bring a third couple into the finals, that had to be disclosed at the start.

The fact is that the third couple drastically affected the voting. A lot of people chose to vote for Gina and Adrian rather than having to make a difficult decision to choose between the people that had stayed on board.

Would Mike and Jeanette have won if Adrian and Gina hadn't been in the finals??? No. Probably not. I think Toni would have voted for Mel and Darin and one more vote would have been all they needed... but it would have been a closer competition, and who knows what how the voting might have changed w/o Gina and Adrian.

Frankly, clown, I think you finished in a place much better than either Darin or Melissa. You came across as the only decent guy on the worst reality show in history. You have a good shot at being asked to host LC2 (I'm calling BMP tomorrow on your behalf )... and if they refuse to let you host, the million dollar law suit against them will more than cover what you might have won.

On behalf of the viewers, this was the worst show in reality TV history. I know that a number of BMP employees read here. I would strongly recommend revising the rules before the next series. The switch cards were fine. Having a current contestant bring someone back from the island was acceptable both in the middle and at the end of the game. But allowing the jury members to vote to add a couple to the finals so that they could avoid voting for the couples that got them booted... well that was pure bull shit!!!

oh... and another thing. There should have been a vote every round. Eliminating Anthony and Tomiko because they couldn't squeeze orange juice was as pathetic as it was wrong!!! If that hadn't happened, Mike would have won easily:

Darin and Anthony vote out Jeanette.
All girls vote out Anthony.

Final couples Darin and Melissa; Mike and Tomiko. Only "hated" player is Mike... and his enemies are Anthony, Toni, and Andrea... and nothing those three said could have swayed the rest of the jury.

Tomiko was easily well-liked enough to bring the win to Mike and her. And that would have changed everything.

You really do have grounds for a lawsuit, Michael. It's no wonder BMP edited you to be the most likable of the group... they're afraid that if you get upset at them, you'll realize that you have every right to sue.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Posted by LondonFSP on 10-17-01 at 07:26 PM
Hi Michael. Im new to this website, and was very happy to see that you were a contributor, being as I was already addicted to the show.

My question to you is, and I understand if it is too personal to answer, but did you have feelings for Melissa in the beginning?

Also, how could anyone even keep a straight face to Toni at the reunion!?!?!

Are Lisa and Anthony really together?

Thanks.

"Ugh! The baseball game ran into your time slot."
Posted by Circe on 10-17-01 at 10:36 PM
...and by the time it was over, I was singing with the sandman.

My question is: Will there be re-runs of the last episode or any for that matter. I would have loved to see the finale since I saw the other 6 episodes.

~~Beware of Greeks bearing gifts~~

Posted by lindalu1962 on 10-17-01 at 11:34 PM
Hi Michael,
I am what you would call a newbie here, but like everyone else I got sucked into the show. The ending sucked! You and Jeanette should have won. You were both the most straightforward people on the boat. Even when your game fell apart you owned up and didn't drag everyone else involved down. That's admirable.
My question(s) is this:
Are you single?
and
Was Darrin as sensitive and sickeningly sweet as he appeared to be?
and
Are you friends still with anyone from the show?
Thanks for keeping everyone informed and your episode summaries are very entertaining.
Lindalu

Posted by SwtTXGddss on 10-17-01 at 11:56 PM
Hi Michael.....

Thanks for taking our Questions....of course my Question is About KING RALPH....as we all know I am quiet OBSESSED with him...LOL.....is he as much of a jag off in person as he seemed on the show and do you still see him?

Thanks again!

SwtTxGDDSS

Posted by Mitrelleum on 10-18-01 at 02:12 AM
Michael/Shakes
First of all, you were the only reason I watched that show and I am very proud of the way you played it.

My simple question is:Are you and Jeanette still close friends? Does she know about your alter-ego?

"Mitrellum..."
Posted by shakes the clown on 10-18-01 at 02:41 AM
>My simple question is:Are you and
>Jeanette still close friends? Does
>she know about your alter-ego?

....Jeanette, as well as Melissa, are two of my closest friends. The three of us speak just about every day and we get together quite often as well.

In fact, the first thing Melissa has to do when she gets her $100,000 is replace the tube of toothpaste she stole out of my apartment yesterday. I should've known something was amiss the way her and Jeanette were giggling and laughing just a little too hard as we were leaving. Revenge will be mine though, so if you ever see Melissa walking down the street with just one shoe on you will know that ALL of her left shoes are sitting safely in a garbage bag located somewhere hidden in my apartment.

Guess who?

"Is Ralph still a friend?"
Posted by Thrill Seeker on 10-18-01 at 04:49 PM
Do you and Ralph keep in touch?

You seem to have gone from best buddies to something else pretty quick.

If that question isn't good enough to warrant an answer (like the other 26 unanswered questions on this thread), how about this one: Was it?

Posted by taginite on 10-18-01 at 06:51 AM
michael-

---have you had any offers for tv interviews?

---have you, or any other cast members, had any offers for product endorsements?

---have you thought about, or are you even allowed to write a book about the show, or are there copywrite laws? what about magazine articles? memoirs? uh...n/m..

---also, i forget... but weren't you the only person to actually use the switch card? why??
(even as a strategic move... it kept shouting ~~don't do that~~political hari kari... imho).

i still wish you'd of won. you helped make the show terrible... ignore that... i meant bearable. like some folks have already mentioned, you, as an emcee or commentator for LC2, could probably take on a reality show... even as terrible as this one... and actually make it somewhat bearable.

anyway.. congratulations on your successful escape with some friends, some honor, as well as... yer ballsman..

-major cajones

Posted by Wyld_Lynx on 10-18-01 at 12:48 PM
Actually Adrain used the switch card in the second episode. He was voted out and switched himself out with Tony.

WL

Posted by Dawn on 10-18-01 at 01:31 PM
>Do you keep in contact with any of the other cast members? Or did you let the "drama" be swept under the rug?

Posted by Mysty on 10-18-01 at 05:23 PM
Alright. Let me give this a go..quite honestly guys, I enjoyed the show <dodging from rotten fruit> No, really, I did. I was becoming depressed and the show totally took my mind off of everything and anything. But I do have a question, When did Toni offer a bribe? Fox kept showing the clip where Toni is saying something like "If I win, would you take half?" I thought she was being a friend, a dumb friend, but friend nonetheless. And I am one of the few people who didn't like Melissa, she got on my last nerve...but that is another story! Anyway, answers would be GREAT!! Thanks!

Posted by blondejuligirl on 10-18-01 at 10:33 PM
Hey...the "bribe" happened on a day where they weren't shooting. I guess it was raining very hard, and they took a day off in a hotel. I got this from Tomiko's website, so I'm gonna have to say it's probably correct

Posted by sweetscorp88 on 10-19-01 at 04:48 PM
>But I do have a question, When did Toni offer a bribe? Fox kept >showing the clip where Toni is saying something like "If I win, >would you take half?"

I can attempt to answer that. I heard there was a storm and they had to put the cast up in a hotel and they gave the camera crew a day off. Toni offered the bribe on the only day they weren't filing so it wasnt caught on camera. I saw this on Tomiko's website. The address is www.tomikojones.com/lovecruise.

"answers coming soon!"
Posted by shakes the clown on 10-18-01 at 08:17 PM
hey guys,

thanx for all the well thought out questions. I will have a chance to give some answers later tonight, so I hope to have everything posted by some point later this evening. If not, then I will have it up by Saturday the latest.

Guess who?

Posted by Hootervillemama on 10-18-01 at 10:18 PM
First things first. Michael you are the sexiest thing that that has come across my television set in a long time. If you ever decide to visit Cleveland, look me up I would love to do dinner with you.

O.K. now here is my second question. DO you know if any of the couples from the show actually hooked up after the show. Melissa and Darin were very cute but I think she might have been playing him for the prize. And I know that Toni was hot for Greg but I am sure once he got to know the real her, he relized what a she-devil the phoney, back stabbing, faked boobed witch LOL. Let me know.

Lisa Marie

p.s. BIG KISSES MICHAEL BABY!!!

Posted by CaesarGirl on 10-19-01 at 02:01 PM
Hi Mike,

Just curious, exactly how long ago was this thing filmed?

Also, I am another person who didn't really like Melissa. The simple fact of the matter is she wasn't single if she had a boyfriend so she shouldn't have been on the boat in the first place!

I was really enjoying the show but that ending put a sour taste in my mouth. I can't believe they had another couple join the finals that is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Melinda

Posted by NYRNMel on 10-19-01 at 05:27 PM
Hi Michael,
Thanks for letting us know the inside story! My question is...What is the edited out "carrot story"?
Melissa

Posted by sunnyd on 10-20-01 at 00:42 AM
Would you ever consider going on a regular Windjammer cruise?

Posted by daveallston on 10-20-01 at 02:11 PM
Hey Michael! Not trying to suck up to you.. just wanted to say you were definitley my favorite person on the show. All the others kinda breezed through the show, not doing to much. Man, I can't stand Anthony! Hate that guy... since the beginning. Anyways, my question is: will you give us any chance to get in touch with Melissa? I would love to be able to send her an email or something. Do you have an email or even mailing address for us Melissa-fans?

Thanks Mike! Take care!
Dave

"This has been killing me..."
Posted by Bina on 10-20-01 at 09:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-01 AT 09:33 PM (EST)

Hey Counselor! You may have already answered this, but I gotta know - did anybody ask Melissa what the hell she was doing on a show called "Love Cruise" when she has a long-term boyfriend at home? Ever heard of "Temptation Island?" Nothing against her, and nobody really was there to meet the love of their lives, but...

Just Curious,

Bina

Posted by Ursul737 on 10-22-01 at 03:46 PM
so when are the answers coming or did i just miss them all together. :0

Posted by PagongRatEater on 10-22-01 at 04:30 PM
The answers were posted under another heading last Friday. Just look for the Shakes byline and you will find it.

Posted by jenn_kehoe on 10-26-01 at 05:14 PM
A few of us were just curious...have you ever been told that you look EXACTLY like Michael Dell, the CEO and Chairman of Dell? I just kept linking into different sites and saw a picture of you, or what i thought was of you on a dell website, and then i realized it might not be you, but that it might and a few of us are missing some stuff....please aswer!

Jk

Posted by AshleaA on 10-27-01 at 00:52 AM
Michael,
Hopefully I am doing this posting thing right...bored tonight so I logged on to see if I could find an update...and now I am here, getting sucked in.
Mainly, my questions are Chicago related, since it is my favorite city to visit. How is it that so many cast members are from Chicago? Did you grow up there, or are you a transplant (a couple of friends from high school--in Arkansas, no less,--ended up in Chicago...so I am just curious.)

Thanks,
Ashlea

"Michael - can we have sex?"
Posted by Boston_Girl on 10-30-01 at 08:54 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-01 AT 09:07 PM (EST)

Michael,

I actually did respect your behavior and conduct on the show. I'm from Chicago originally but live in Boston now. I'd be interested in meeting up when I come home to visit. I'm sure you get alot of these types of requests, but I promise, you won't be disappointed. I'm happy to divulge more info. about me if you're interested. What do you think?

Sincerely,
Boston_Girl

"The initial match-up"
Posted by Dreldon on 11-01-01 at 11:24 AM
Hi Mike,

In the inital match-up, no one picked you. You're not a bad-looking guy. And like most of us, you're no model. Shows like this tend to get impossibly attractive people. Do you think the fact that you were left match-less was a function of physical attractiveness at that point- i.e. going to a school dance and watching all the "good looking" people hook up, with you standing in a corner. And if this is the case, do you think the Machavelian way that you played this game against the "pretty people" was a subconscious, or maybe not-so subconscious way of getting even against them? And how has this affected your ability to date now? Do you have to tell potential dates that this is "not the way you are?"

Don't get this message wrong. I'm not slamming you. As a person who frequently got left "in the corner" (but not anymore thankfully, I was applauding- though fearing the repercussions on your actual social life.

Thanks for a response.