URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 254
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"AI4 Audition 7 - San Fran"

Posted by Angelfood on 02-03-05 at 11:22 AM
Episode 6, Feb 2
Audition 7, San Francisco - aka I left my pride in San Francisco

Winners: 32
Most sung: "I have nothing" by whitney houston
Showcased: 6 winners, 8+losers
Quick Pics: 7 winners
Episode: A security guard estimated 10-12,000 auditioners. Brandi was the guest judge, and in the intro, it shows her making quite a few surprised faces at all of the horrendous sounds coming from the auditioners. But of course, we never get to see her do it in a featured audition. She did giggle behind paper though. Highlights were the Crooners, Striperella, a punk dude, a woman dressed as a cow, and a nerd doing a funny "American Idol rap" (which was really an Actor in disguise). There, I've ruined it for you now.

Sent thru:
1. Jamie Koehler, 28 from WY, sang "I left my heart in S.F." for his dead granpa or pa. Original, but they'll give him another chance.
*AI4 Big-Guy Crooner*

2. Ross Williams, 26 from OR, sang Stevie Wonder. I liked him as did 3 judges, not Simon of course. Looks like a mature John Stevens.
*AI4 older-John-Stevens Crooner*

3. Elizabeth Pha, 24 from CA, sang "I have nothing", but she meant that she had nothing on. I can't believe that Simon & Paula sent her through. She sounded ok til she tried to screech the high stuff. One judge said she looked like a stripper.
*AI4 Striperella*

4. Justin Clark, 17 from GA, sang Stevie Wonder "my cherie amour". His mom fainted after their victory hugs.
*AI4 Ricky William nice guy*
(no pic yet)
5. Nadia Turner, 27 from Miami FL, sang "until you come back to me" but not the Aretha version. She was good, judges loved everything and Randy said that he used to have the same hairstyle. yeah.
*AI4 Female Justin Guarini*

6. Ivan Ganchev, 27 from CA, sang "We are the champions". He was SOOO NOT freddy mercury, but Paula & Brandi thought so. duh. Simon thinks he is a professional karaoke singer that can imitate and said no.
*AI4 Hung-Wanna-Be*
(no pic yet)

and then there is the return of JP Molfetta, whose pride was wounded that his twin Rich got thru on the 2nd try. So JP returns and sings a Babyface song, with even cornier hand movements, a nasal tone, and screams the high notes. Randy notices he's out of tune and has pitch problems. Brandi is impressed. Paula says yes. Simon - "I think there is alot of desperation about you." Randy and Simon do the world a favor and keep telling him no. Post-interview, JP: "I said earlier that I would jump out one of these windows if I didn't get thru. That's not gonna happen."
DAMN! That would've been great reality tv, huh?

quotes:
Randy (to a loser): "Singing - drop it man. We're just looking out for you."
JP: "I think that statement is crazy". (we weren't shown the context)
Simon (to striperella): Your image is horrible.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: AI4 Audition 7 - San Fran"
Posted by seahorse on 02-07-05 at 11:21 PM
A couple of crooners from San Franciso. Their type is needed for some variety.

Handcrafted by RollDdice