URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID55
Thread Number: 254
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I *heart* Joe Shmoe2 (a fanatics thread)"

Posted by true on 08-11-04 at 12:11 PM
I loved this series. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at any tv show, EVER. The finale was excellent in every way, the only thing I could complain about is that I would love to have seen more reactions after the Shmoes were let in on the joke.

There were so many great moments in the final episode. The fat suit, the lonely limo ride, the prop falcon, the host, and his cheesy lines, the "but" speeches by Austin and Piper...all priceless bits of great comedy.

This show is the ultimate bash at reality TV, and they held nothing back. The Shmoes chosen were wonderfully cast, and the whole Ingrid figuring it out, made it even more fun! As a viewer, it's something that I think we all wanted to see.

Never once, did I feel that the show was making fun of the Shmoes. That was difficult to pull of, and they did it brilliantly.

I teared up with Piper at the end. I'm really sad that it's over.

I never saw the first season, but I'm looking forward to getting a copy.

Damn, this was a great show. One that I'm not embarassed to admit that I love.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: I *heart* Joe Shmoe2 (a fanatics thread)"
Posted by mmm_link on 08-11-04 at 12:28 PM
I don't know what they can do for a Joe Schmo 3 but I also hope they do a third one and include Ralph "the host" Garman for it as well.

Posted by EnglProf on 08-11-04 at 12:32 PM
I'm with ya here, True. Hubby and I about died laughing at every episode. I would have LOVED to have seen this show on network tv (if they could have kept all the raunchiness in somehow). I think it was brilliant comedy and parody & more people deserved to see it.

The finale was spendid, but then the premise is so good that I can't imagine a Joe Schmo finale disappointing. I'm sad to see it go too, and I'll also admit to being teary with "Piper". Long live Joe Schmo!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Loree on 08-11-04 at 03:23 PM
I loved the finale. I laughed so hard for the full 2 hours. I was teary eyed at the end too. I don't know if it was from laughing so hard, or the fact I will miss this show.

There has to be some way for them to do a Joe Schmo 3. I want to see this again. It is so entertaining how they make fun of the other reality shows.

Posted by Drive My Car on 08-11-04 at 03:28 PM
DITTO!
I agree completely with everything you said.
I love this show, and am going to miss it.
How am I gonna live without Tim every week?

This is a elaborate practical joke, but the it wasn't mean spirited to it's stars ( Schmoes) the funniest stabs came at "Reality TV".

Kudos to anyone involved in this show! Jackpot!

Posted by RacerX68 on 08-11-04 at 03:44 PM
I could not agree more with you guys! The first couple of episodes were perhaps a *tad* slow, but it didn't take long for this season to really hit its stride. I seldom laugh out loud at a TV show, but this show makes me do so every single time I watch it, even if I'm watching a tape of an episode that I've already seen multiple times because I'm always noticing some small thing that I missed the first time I watched.

After the first season, I wasn't sure how I would feel about new Schmo's, but they found three truly awesome people. I think the Schmo's are what make this show when it comes down to it. They are the kind of people that I would love to just hang out with on a Friday night. I think it's great that Ingrid, Amanda, and Tim are friends and all live in the same city.

Oh, yeah. I now have a new favorite word. "Jackpot!"

Posted by memacmur on 08-11-04 at 06:33 PM
Best reality show parody out there. Watched a bit of Superstar USA, but it pales in comparison to the sheer over-the-top nature of the entire show. And the best part is their contestants (Tim, Ingrid, Amanda, MKG) seem way more real than your average reality show contestant. Which I think helps make the show.

I still think I'm at risk of going into seizures during some of their climaxing montages of shots (complete with overly dramatic music), but it's such a perfect parody of Survivor that I'm willing to risk swallowing my tongue.

Posted by Megacanuck on 08-11-04 at 06:57 PM
>There were so many great moments in the final episode.
>The fat suit, the lonely limo ride, the prop falcon

My dh & I were laughing so hard at the prop falcon that we were spitting soda out our noses. That was one of the funniest scenes I've ever watched on tv!