URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 2532
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Gina sighting"

Posted by Maraarotu on 04-04-02 at 05:30 PM
Gina spotted in New York.

My girlfriend who has a cousin that works as a security officer at JFK said she definitely spotted Gina at the airport. I just got home and there was a message on my machine! I haven't even sat down yet - I'm typing this with my coat on. Has anyone heard this?
She only spotted her - no ID or anything substantial - but I thought I would pass it on.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Gina sighting"
Posted by SurvivinDawg on 04-04-02 at 05:37 PM
Before certain flamethrowers get here, I'd like to say that there is a possibility that this is indeed true. After that other airline sighting crap thread, I don't see why mararotu would try to pull this stunt NOW, especially this late in the day.

Gina IS a striking woman who would be recognized fairly quickly by Survivor fans. So maybe it's my Lex Memorial UberGut, but I think this one may be okay....

Just my $0.02

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Posted by Spidey on 04-04-02 at 05:58 PM
I'm inclined to believe it was probably her and think that even if your girlfriend didn't see Gina, someone had to have. She has to go tonight.

Why the survivors aren't required to travel in disguise is beyond me.

Maybe EPM is confident that no one believes the airport sightings on the boards because they are rather anonymous and almost impossible to prove. So what if a few fans recognize her the day of the show. How are they going to give credible info. to the spoiling world in time? Even if you had a digital camera with date and time and took a picture of her in what is clearly JFK, most people would claim it is just a doppelganger who happened to be there at the right time.

Since I am soooo sure Gina is going tonight, I can concentrate on trying to figure out who it will be next week! (Then I can rewatch it again after being proved soooo wrong...)

Posted by cowboyroo on 04-04-02 at 06:32 PM
I am having horrible TOO much evidence syndrome.....Every week, Kathy has been the favorite to go by most common watcher polls...She's finally settled into the background! MB, I hope you're not trying to get us on this one...

Seems like there would be no reason for someone to make this up....but I remember the Rodger, etal. sightings of the past....

Posted by smiles on 04-04-02 at 06:40 PM
I do hope this is valid. I voted for her for other reasons, but this would confirm it.

smiles

Posted by erikman on 04-04-02 at 06:51 PM
well we'll know in 2 hours. she is odds on fav, i wish sean would go but

Posted by katem on 04-04-02 at 07:34 PM
Like Dawg, I had to put my $0.02 in here, since there has been a lot of talk today of airports and contestants in airports.

I remember that Deb (late of S2) said on the Early Show, the morning after she was booted, that the producers had flown her into NYC in total secrecy and in the middle of the night so no one would know she was the first bootee.

For some reason it just sounds strange to me that MB would relax his security standards since then, I mean I know that the ratings and buzz are not the same, but we all get pretty wound about it still.

Now I'm not saying Marrarotu's post is not a real spoiler, but it is still strange to me.

Anyway, we will all know soon. Can't wait

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 04-04-02 at 07:42 PM
I agree Katem, but OTOH, a fan on Hunter's plane called the sighting in from the phone on the plane to the Jeff and Jerr show, which they confirmed. And Hunter was booted. So we have precedent this season.

"about Deb"
Posted by shakes the clown on 04-04-02 at 07:58 PM
>I remember that Deb (late of
>S2) said on the Early
>Show, the morning after she
>was booted, that the producers
>had flown her into NYC
>in total secrecy and in
>the middle of the night
>so no one would know
>she was the first bootee.

...just to clarify, Deb was flown into Tampa, not New York, since the Early Show was being filmed live from Tampa the morning after the Super Bowl. And if I remember correctly, she had the worst makeup job in the history of teevee (not including Tammy Fay Baker of course).

But, I do remember her saying they made a big deal about keeping her presence in Tampa a secret until the Early Show...she had to stay in her hotel room during the game. Don't remember what type of measures were taken regarding her flight in though.

"RE: about Deb"
Posted by Kokoro on 04-05-02 at 00:03 AM

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Gabriel: "Alright, John go straight! Straight!" - Um, Gabe?

Stop Discrimination Now

Posted by shakes the clown on 04-05-02 at 00:16 AM
Koko, that's disgusting. Don't ever do that again.

Posted by Drive My Car on 04-05-02 at 03:49 AM
I Agree