URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 249
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Call to Action -- All WOMEN viewers"

Posted by madkata on 05-23-05 at 05:09 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-05 AT 05:10 AM (EST)

I have it on good account that NBC doesn't believe that WOMEN watch The Contender.

The point person who needs to hear this is Kevin Reilly, the soon-to-be new president of the network's entertainment division, i.e., NBC's chief programmer.

Please sent an e-mail direct to kevin.reilly@nbcuni.com and tell them you AS A WOMAN you would LOVE to the show back! (And spread the word too.)

Thanks all,
Madley
LA, CA

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Call to Action -- All WOMEN viewers"
Posted by 3twinkles on 05-23-05 at 03:07 PM
really? I am female and love the show. In fact I watch it more then my husband does.

Posted by ARnutz on 05-23-05 at 07:05 PM
Hi, welcome to the boards!

I'm a woman too & I also watch more than my husband. You're in good company as there are several women on these boards.

Posted by ladro on 05-24-05 at 00:42 AM
I'd have sworn you where a guy. Does your husband post under the 'ARNUTZ' screen name also?

Posted by madkata on 05-24-05 at 02:27 AM
ARnutz, I thought you were male as well! But no matter now -- don't forget to send Kevin Reilly an email!

Posted by ARnutz on 05-24-05 at 06:53 AM
LOL! Nope, my husband doesn't post here. Lots of people think I'm a guy. It's hard to tell sometimes when all you can do is read what a person types.

Maybe it's my unusually fanatical love of sports?

Posted by 3twinkles on 05-24-05 at 03:00 PM
well you know what is funny...I have never been interested in boxing but I watched the Contender because I am a stallone fan. However I really like watching it now and I am finding myself cruising the sports channels now looking for boxing matches lol my husband laughs at me. Before this I did watch some of the ultimate fighting competitions but that is because I went to highschool with one of the fighters so I had an excuse lol.

Posted by peterfan2 on 05-24-05 at 06:17 PM
I never watched boxing before either, but I LOVE THIS SHOW! My husband hates it, but then again he never really watched the show. I am so excited about the fight tonight I keep checking the site for new news! I will email this person now.

Go Peter!!!!

Posted by madkata on 05-24-05 at 06:38 PM
Me too -- never watched it except for Rocky and Million Dollar Baby! It was fun to even watch the fan favorites this morning -- no funny angles, no dramatic editing... yes, I think I'm becoming a boxing groupie!

Can't WAIT for tonight!

Posted by PhoenixMons on 05-24-05 at 06:45 PM
Well I consider myself to be a pretty big boxing fan already, so naturally I gravitated toward The Contender. I loved the show in the beginning because I thought maybe it'd help bring new fans to boxing. But the shady way it's been edited (the actual fights in particular) and the horrible job they've done with setting up the undercard fights (ballot-stuffed "fan favorites") has soured me on the show. I'm glad they're cancelling it. From now on I'll stick to 'real' boxing and I can only hope that Ishe (and a select few others...Miguel coming in last in the fan voting is just absurd) will get the recognition he deserves now that America has seen his talent.

Got blog?

Posted by Bubless on 05-25-05 at 12:08 PM
I watch the Show and Love it every episode is great !!! I am so upset they are not bringing it back I will email NBC

Posted by madkata on 05-25-05 at 04:14 PM
Yes, let's keep on emailing! Obviously SOMEBODY'S gettin' the message since the scheduled a July 5th fight! RIGHT ON!

("RIGHT ON?" Did I just say that?! What am I, back in the 70s?! LMAO)

Posted by 3twinkles on 05-25-05 at 04:16 PM
Lol Madkata...at least you did not say: "righteous dude" or "far out" lol . I still use right on haha.

I am excited to hear they scheduled a july 5th fight. I was sort of hoping they would pick this show up on another channel who can appreciate it instead of nbc who stuck it in the sunday night graveyard lol.