URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 248
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Remember when the cast truly needed help?"

Posted by smokin on 11-01-05 at 02:18 PM
Where's the passion? Where's the drama of saving lives? Remember when Josie showed up weeks before giving birth and she was living in her car? That was an example of the Starting Over house saving/changing a housemates life. Now, we have Lisa with her boring issue of being handed everything in life. It really bothers me that there are a lot of women out there who could really benefit from the Starting Over house and its resources, but the cast spots are wasted on unimportant and uninteresting individuals. Agree? Disagree?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Remember when the cast truly needed help?"
Posted by Pixeltalk on 11-02-05 at 02:35 PM
I think Christina was in a pretty bad situation. I mean, she was hooking pretty recently. That is a really dangerous lifestyle. And Lisa is really in a soul-destroying situation, with her parents treating her like a combination pet/hired help. She doesn't seem to realize how serious it is, though.

Posted by azsk8fan on 11-12-05 at 01:10 PM
I think the main difference between Season 1 and Seasons 2/3 is that with Season 1 it was brand new and the housemates TRULY were in need of something in their life to help them 'start over'. Then comes Seasons 2/3 and many have learned how beneficial to their private life being on a reality show (of any kind) can be. Gone are the truly PURE intentions - now all are suspect as to why they are REALLY choosing to be in the House - do they really have issues and need to start over or are they simply looking for all the perks being on the show will bring them once they've 'graduated'. Once everyone sees how the graduates come up with websites, become available (probably for a fee) for a 'speaking engagement/appearance' , participate in many things under the 'graduate of starting over' heading - well one can only wonder what the REAL motives are now. I guess it's like anything else - the first is always the best because there are no pre-conceived notions, no visions of grandeur etc. For these reasons I think no other Season can ever be as 'real' or authentic as Season 1.

Posted by summerwatcher on 11-12-05 at 03:54 PM
>I think the main difference between
>Season 1 and Seasons 2/3
>is that with Season 1
>it was brand new and
>the housemates TRULY were in
>need of something in their
>life to help them 'start
>over'. Once everyone sees how
>the graduates come up with
>websites, become available (probably for