URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 245
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Weight Issue"

Posted by virtuallinda on 01-12-04 at 11:02 PM
Is it just me, or did Donato's exit really piss you off? Why did he have to go there and blame his exit on the weight issue? He probably goes around blaming everything on his weight. Larissa really looked upset when she had to cut him (that is the POINT of this show), I'm sure she wasn't crying over his extra pounds.

I was equally repulsed by the hunk showing off his waxed tanned chest, thinking that alone would win him the girl.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Weight Issue"
Posted by Wacko Jacko on 01-13-04 at 09:13 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-04 AT 09:14 AM (EST)

I agree with you about Donato.

The guy was too much a wuss to even go swimming in the waterfall. Geez, he wasn't asked to go bunge jumping. He was being asked to go swim in some 4 foot water. That was why him and the two other wuss's were eliminated.

He should face it. Weight is an issue. The girl is thin she is looking for men that are similar to her. Even IF his weight is heredity she will be looking for a guy that participates in similar activities.

Donato says 'women' can't get past his weight problem. Then I ask Donato what makes this girl so attractive to him? The way this world works is women look for men that have a similar way of life and vise versa. It is obvisious that Donato and this girl (can't remember her name) are too different people. Again I use the swimming as an example.

I add that Sean - another overweight guy made it because he tried to have fun and participated in the activity.

Posted by plimtuna on 01-13-04 at 10:03 AM
I guess I have to disagree. I think she was booting him for his weight. The pain she seemed to be showing was because she liked him, but realized she could never picture herself being physically attracted to him

I beleive that he revealed a possibly great personality to her, but she could nto get past the weight. I would almost go as far as to say that her sadness was in her disapoointment of herself. As if she could say , "I am sad that here is this nice guy that I am going to let go because he is too large for me to ever get physically attracted to."

Being larger than normal myself, I hope that is what happened.

PlimTuna
"Now that reality has been redefined, can I start living my dreams?"

Posted by Silvergirl1 on 01-13-04 at 02:54 PM

Hi, Linda, welcome to the boards!

I was mad because I think if Larissa was a heavy woman, Donato would not want to be with her. I just wish the producers would introduce these guys to the girl wearing a fat suit, first. Then see if they still want to compete for her affections.

I had a friend once who told me she wished a certain guy we both knew would lose like 15 pounds, and then she would find him attractive. Here she was, a plus sized girl and she was expecting weight loss from a guy who wasn't even looking in her direction in the first place. I told her that she was not skinny herself. I could say that, because we were about the same size.

~Silvergirl~

Posted by Carybobski on 01-13-04 at 06:51 PM
His comments reminded me of the typical high school boy who claims that a girl must be lesbian if he asks her out and she says "no".

Defense mechanism. She's shallow so that's why she's not interested in his lard ass. If she wasn't so superficial, she would be on that like stank on poo!

All jokes aside, Donato had the nicest face. That sounds so banal, but honestly, he had a handsome face under all that fat. He also seemed to have a good personality until he whined when he got eliminated.

Posted by MizLiz on 01-14-04 at 11:13 AM
Where do they find these fat guys?? The most pathetic thing I saw was the really gross guys drooling and slobbering over her and actually thinking they had a snowball's chance in hell. If I looked like that (and I did at one time) you would never EVER get me in a swimsuit and trotted out to get rejected on national tv. What possible reason could they have for doing this in the first place?

Donato may have had a nice face, but he had an ugly personality. He was surly and defensive...when he said she was making a big mistake because he could make her happy (or something like that) I couldn't believe it. Obviously, this isn't the first time he's gotten rejected, but he's still blaming it on someone else instead of himself.

I suspect if he went on a diet, got some exercise and looked reasonably healthy, his outlook and personality would improve 1000%. Then maybe he'd get the girl. It isn't necessary to look like a movie star, but you shouldn't look like you're ready to keel over with a stroke or heart attack or diabetes, etc. etc.

Posted by Carybobski on 01-14-04 at 02:17 PM
Plus, she'd always have to be on top!

Posted by MizLiz on 01-14-04 at 03:41 PM
Oh Lordy, amen to THAT. Can you imagine having a super-heavyweight like that roll on top of you? Can you say broken ribs? I thought you could.

Besides all that, even if she was on top, he'd have to be...um...rather large just to get past that mountain of fat belly. He can just join the 24-year-old virgin in the pity party.