URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 2449
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"AI7 2/26 Top 10 Boys East Coast Spoiler Thread "

Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 12:59 PM
Please keep all discussion of tonight's top 10 boy's performance on this thread until after the West Coaster proclaim that if you remember the 1970's you weren't there.

*sprays lysol*

Well the good news/bad news is that you will be having me as your hostess tonight. I can still type, but I can't talk between being hoarse and any amount of talking setting off major coughing fits. The cold has won so the girl scouts will have to wait for another Tuesday to get me as their very special guest.

Please no sig pics. Sig pics give Paula synesthesia and who knows what she will be using to judge the contestants on this week.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: AI7 2/26 Top 10 Boys East Coast Spoiler Thread "
Posted by agman on 02-26-08 at 03:24 PM
Just came in to look around......catch y'all later.

Posted by buckeyegirl on 02-26-08 at 07:54 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-08 AT 07:55 PM (EST)

It's almost time...*gets the popcorn ready to hand out to everyone and give Snidget some cough syrup..

Posted by cahaya on 02-26-08 at 07:59 PM
Lucky scouts, lucky us. Get well! Either way, a cold/flu is no fun without some company to make light of your misery.

Paula will soon progress from synesthesia to psychedelia.

(Btw, I dig that Abraxas album.)

"Drink of the Night"
Posted by whimsey on 02-26-08 at 08:06 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-08 AT 08:37 PM (EST)

In honor of the 70's theme, we are in the basement among the wood paneling and orange velvet sofa:

Boone"s Farm Wild Mountain Wine, Harvey Wallbangers, and for the sophisticates ......Cold Duck Champagne!

Snacks include - smoked sausage cubed on toothpicks, party mix.

eta - special brownies for Snidget - hope you feel better, hon.

"RE: Drink of the Night"
Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 08:17 PM
Mmmmm Cold Duck. Some fond memories there.

It will go so well with the cough syrup.

"Intro"
Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 08:09 PM
Wow! A superstar will emerge from the stage.
Danny in a sweater, looks like David A will get the pimp spot. Michael Johns going first.

Randy, tee it up: Hopefully the nerves are gone, bring it hard tonight, be in it to win it.

Paula. think the nerves will be better.

Simon. The guys that weren't worthy last week need to be better this week.

"Michael Johns"
Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 08:10 PM
Tennis stuff in his intro clip.

Singing: Go Your Own Way

"RE: Michael Johns"
Posted by whimsey on 02-26-08 at 08:12 PM
Lrve this song! Lrve him!

But not a great performance. Seemed at half a tank. Not full on.

Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 08:13 PM
When did he get that goat vibrato in his voice.
What key is he singing in?

Randy: Nice way to start it off, not sure if it was your best, nice tone and I'm waiting for you to let go

Paula: You are consistent and you got the crowd working. You are charismatic and a seasoned performer

Simon: It was OK, it was your weakest performance. Coasting along, there was no moment and it was a very weak choice of song.

Paula says not from a woman's point of view.

Posted by cahaya on 02-26-08 at 08:16 PM
Yeah, coasting along (Simon), I liked this song (Randy), too. He didn't really light my fire last week or tonight, but maybe he'll liven it up even a bit more later.

Posted by buckeyegirl on 02-26-08 at 08:21 PM
I thought it was ok, but all I needed to hear was the accent to make me happy.

Posted by cahaya on 02-26-08 at 08:36 PM
We've got a few Buckeye and Hoosier accents in this year's comp, and I'm happy to hear them too.

"Jason Castro"
Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 08:18 PM
Pimping Itunes.

He hates doing interviews. He really likes to sing and likes music. There is a lot more not music stuff than he thought.

Singing: I Just Want To Be Your Everything.
Playing guitar

"RE: Jason Castro"
Posted by whimsey on 02-26-08 at 08:20 PM
I wish he had waited a year. He needs some seasoning. He will be great in a couple of years. Nice job - but his inexperience shows.

Posted by cahaya on 02-26-08 at 08:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-08 AT 08:24 PM (EST)

He sang fairly well with a good arrangement geared towards his style. Maybe not the best song choice, though. He was may fav last week, and I liked him well enough this week. He needs to really turn it on more, though, if he wants to be the Idol.

Posted by memzoo48 on 02-26-08 at 09:37 PM
I love his voice and his smile! He seems like a sweet kid.

Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 08:21 PM
Would like to see him do something other than stand there and strum already. But I do like the tone of his voice.

Randy: It is interesting with the guitar it is all cool as an act, but as a vocalist they weren't that great, just ok, sounded karoke

Paula: Not as bad as you heard it. It is cute. You made a clever choice, and liked how you interpreted it. It drew the song back to you. She wants to see you without the guitar next week.

Simon: I thought the song was smaltzy and didn't suit your voice which was week. I didn't go together this week and you looked uncomfortable. You chose a very average song that wasn't you. You didn't do yourself any favors.

Posted by zazzy on 02-26-08 at 08:42 PM
I really like him! He was so natural...so pure!

Posted by cahaya on 02-26-08 at 08:45 PM
Yeah, you said it. I like his natural, free-flowing style.

"Luke Menard"
Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 08:22 PM
With Chapter 6 an A Capella group. He likes the challenge. Been on the road 6 years.

Singing: Killer Queen

"RE: Luke Menard"
Posted by whimsey on 02-26-08 at 08:24 PM
much better this time! But i don't think folks will get it.

Posted by 2thDr on 02-26-08 at 08:24 PM
Do not like the song at all. He gives me the willies for whatever reason. He looks good but I am not feeling it at all...

Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 08:26 PM
Sounds a bit strained and thin to me.
He sure is cute.

Ooooh I liked the Paris when he was in his lower register, unfortunately it was one note down there.

Randy: In degree of difficulty you chose a tough song, and this seems to be more your vibe. It was pretty good, couple of pitch problems.

Paula: So glad this week was a great week for you. Vocalists like you make me fight to get people like you in the top 24

Simon. I think it was a mistake because you are always going to be judged with the original, and you didn't have charisma. It was a bit theatrical and verging on whiny.

Posted by cahaya on 02-26-08 at 08:26 PM
Sad to say, nothing "killer" about that song. Rather average, actually. Maybe he can sing, but he doesn't entertain.

Posted by 2thDr on 02-26-08 at 08:28 PM
Ryan just called him Dawson's Creek....Nail on head!

Posted by cjhope117 on 02-26-08 at 08:29 PM
For him I would pull a tween and vote for him just because he is so cute and I want to see him again next week. I really should know better, but he is so cute. I wasn't crazy about the song but I am not crazy about much 70s music.

Posted by cahaya on 02-26-08 at 08:43 PM
I am not crazy about much 70s music.

As someone who lived in the music of that era, I might recommend you try some of it, especially the early '70's. Groovy.

Posted by cjhope117 on 02-26-08 at 08:49 PM
If you have any specific recommendations, I am always looking for something interesting to add to my ipod.

Posted by cahaya on 02-26-08 at 09:13 PM
Check out the Billboard site for the top hits of '70, '71, '72 and '73. A good third of my fav all-time songs come from this collection.

Back then, Casey Kasem introduced it all live.

Posted by dragonflies on 02-26-08 at 11:54 PM
DH & I were listening to the top 20 this weekend and remembering when Casey did it live!

I agree with you Cahaya, about the early 70s.

Posted by Snidget on 02-27-08 at 06:51 AM
On I-tunes go to I-Essentials and check out the Genre and History section.

The 70's Singer/Songwriters compilation would be good place to start, they also have a collection for each year of the 1970's as well.

Posted by nailbone on 02-27-08 at 11:55 AM
I prefer rock from the mid to late 70's, but yeah, it was a great time for music.

Posted by cahaya on 02-27-08 at 02:44 PM
Hey, I dig mid to late '70's rock, too. I was on the DJ crew of an off-campus pirate radio station (Jolly Roger Radio) playing hits from those days. This time period is where about another third of my fav all-time songs come from.

Posted by cjhope117 on 02-27-08 at 03:05 PM
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions regarding the 70s music. Somehow that is the one decade of music that I am really unfamiliar with. My parents listen to music from the 50s and 60s which I in turn love, and I was born in 1981 and grew up with the music from that decade forward. The 70s just got lost in the shuffle, but thanks to some of the suggestions, I found some really cool music on Itunes today from the 70s, so THANKS!!

Posted by nailbone on 02-27-08 at 03:14 PM
So what tunes did you grab?

Posted by buckeyegirl on 02-26-08 at 08:30 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself!!

"Robbie Carrico"
Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 08:32 PM
In the red room. He has hair on the top of his head. What do you need to do to prove this really is you. I just be me, there are so many levels and styles of rock and maybe I'm not the style in his mind.

Something new about Robbie. He drag races cars. Likes the rush and the smell of burnt tires. Don't do this on the street, kids.

Singing: Hot Blooded

"RE: Robbie Carrico"
Posted by whimsey on 02-26-08 at 08:35 PM
So, he races in drag ....what ... oh ... my bad.

Now we know why he wears the do-rag. Looks like a wig. He lost points with me this week, seemed to be off the band. I hope he sticks around.

Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 08:39 PM
From some recent pictures of him there have been thoughts he may have extensions, it does look like he could.

Posted by Snidget on 02-27-08 at 01:34 PM
Looks like a wig.

Well TMZ is saying they have proof it is a wig

http://www.tmz.com/2008/02/27/idol-contestant-wigs-out/

Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 08:36 PM
So far no one is impressing me, or are my ears just clogged. I only get lukewarm blooded off him this performance

Randy: It was interesting to say there are different forms of rock. I don't know if the rock thing is really your thing. It doesn't have enough uuuugggghhh You did a pretty good job, but I wasn't wowed, it was just OK.

Paula. I bet it drives you crazy, who knows who you are but you. I think you played it safe. Sometimes you lose your character and personality and you get so wound up about what everyone else thinks of you. Quiet yourself.

Randy adds rock is like an attitude, you shouldn't have to prove.

Paula Need to up the ante.

Simon. You don't have to get so defensive, it is just an opinion. I thought the vocal was OK tonight.

Posted by cahaya on 02-26-08 at 08:38 PM
I like this guy. Good electric gig. Sure, he has a limited vocal range, but as Simon alluded to, he is smart enough to stay within it. He said himself he knows he needs to step it up. A little more attitude, which Randy alluded to, will do it.

Look for him in the top half dozen.

Posted by mindy23 on 02-27-08 at 01:57 PM
Not my style, and he really looked as though his hair hadn't been combed in a while. Just didn't do it for me, as the Dawg says.

"Danny Noriega"
Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 08:42 PM
Please be entertaining, Danny, Please!!!!!

What we don't know about Danny is...he used to be in a punk rock band in 9th grade. Mostly noise. Played one show.

Singing: LONG AGO AND OH SO FAR AWAY

"RE: Danny Noriega"
Posted by whimsey on 02-26-08 at 08:44 PM
I expected him to do David Bowie, Rod Stewart or Elton John - would have been great - not a good song choice.

I agree with Snidget - please be entertaining, and not just annoying.

Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 08:45 PM
Seems like he's singing to show off his vocals this week. That sweater is distracting.

Randy: I'm a fan of yours, there was some problems with the vocal. Speed up the vibrato. You seemed to be thinking rather than letting go when you were singing. Don't think about what you want to do.

Paula. You have amazing vocal skill, and you can't over think it, and forget about us, just perform.

Simon. This was better, Randy does have a point, you were trying so hard and over concentrating. You stand out in a crowd and you look terrific on camera.

Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 08:46 PM
Agreed with Simon "ISH" about last week.

Ok there was some attitude from you.

Posted by buckeyegirl on 02-26-08 at 08:52 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-08 AT 08:52 PM (EST)

His hair bothers me. I keep wanting to brush it back. Does this make me old? Sorry I haven't been around a lot tonight-I've been posting pics of the Barack Obama rally i went to yesterday...

Posted by finallytyping on 02-27-08 at 02:10 AM
He has an "emo" haircut.

Posted by cahaya on 02-26-08 at 08:48 PM
Nah... I just can't. Long ago and oh, so far away. Seriously, I'm lost watching and listening to this guy.

Posted by Glow on 02-27-08 at 08:17 AM
The song is called "Superstar"... by the Carpenters. Loved the song choice. Love him.

"David Hernandez"
Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 08:52 PM
What we don't know is that he was into gymnastics when he was a little kid. Won 10 medals at the Grand Canyon Olympics

Singing: Papa was a Rolling Stone

"RE: David Hernandez"
Posted by cjhope117 on 02-26-08 at 08:53 PM
That was pretty fantastic!!! WOW!

Posted by whimsey on 02-26-08 at 08:54 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-08 AT 08:57 PM (EST)

Oh no, starting out on the stairs.

I wouldn't even attempt this song in competition. I still like him, he makes me happy.

I wish he had sang Teddy Pendergrass or Luther Ingram.

et: $100 to anyone with a pic of him in a full "Jean Claude Van Damm" split. just sayin'.

Posted by 2thDr on 02-26-08 at 08:55 PM
Definitely the best so far.....I was pretty shocked....Not a fan last week but must give props this week.

Posted by cahaya on 02-26-08 at 09:00 PM
I had him pegged at #2 guy last week and he lived up to expectations this week. As good as he is, there's still several gals or so who'll give him a run for his money.

Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 08:55 PM
So far the strongest vocal of the night for me. Worked it at the end baby, work it for Momma.

Randy. This is was the David H. we fell in love with. I hope this kid is good tonight, that is how to put it down and show personality. That was nice.

Paula. Your voice was so pure, unbelievable notes that were amazing. You didn't overdo the song, perfect.

Simon. This may surprise you that was the best vocal of the night so far. I like that when you are given some criticism you treat it as a challenge, you aren't childish about it and you've risen to the challenge and I'm now a fan.

Posted by cahaya on 02-26-08 at 08:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-08 AT 08:57 PM (EST)

Great song, really into it. I thought maybe he shouted parts of it out of pure effort, but he completely stayed with it. Thumbs up.

Posted by dragonflies on 02-26-08 at 11:57 PM
Best vocal and performance of the night, for me.

Posted by mindy23 on 02-27-08 at 01:52 PM
>Best vocal and performance of the
>night, for me.

Agree, hands down!

Posted by CTgirl on 02-27-08 at 08:48 AM
What am I missing? I thought his performance was bor-ing. He totally lost me.

Posted by zazzy on 02-27-08 at 09:05 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-08 AT 09:07 AM (EST)

It's not just you. I can see what people like about him but he does nothing much for me. I think he did a good job but he is not one of my top 5 guys for the season. I think he is singing his way into the top 10 or 12 if he does a good job again next week. He seems to be on the judges' list.

I wonder if he will get into the top 12 or 10 to then have the judges turn on him and be offered up for early top 10 or 12 boot fodder?

"Jason Yeager"
Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 09:01 PM
He plays multiple instruments, self taught on piano, drums and guitar. Wants to find a killer song to play guitar with

Singing: Long Train Runnin’

"RE: Jason Yeager"
Posted by whimsey on 02-26-08 at 09:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-08 AT 09:07 PM (EST)

No. just. No

Wrong song, moves don't match...ugh. I think his problem is; he is very talented, but has no where to put it.

Posted by agman on 02-26-08 at 09:09 PM
, but
>has no where to put
>it.

I know exactly where he can put it

Posted by cahaya on 02-26-08 at 09:04 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-08 AT 09:05 PM (EST)

Long train to nowhere... way too big a song for him to pull it off well.

(eta) I thought he did well last week, and I liked him, but it seems he got on the wrong track this week.

Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 09:04 PM
Boy has some moves, but not really lovin' the vocals except a bit just before the end

Randy. That song, the 70's was a great time of music. That isn't a singer kind of song, very pitchy and karaoke.

Paula. It was fun to see this side of you, but hard time...just say it like this...it has not many notes so not show your vocal range. Pick singer songs.

Simon. Look, the simple truth is last week was boring and this week was awkward and ordinary and horrific ending. It was corny, you are a quite good singer that can't perform very well.

Posted by 2thDr on 02-26-08 at 09:06 PM
I actually liked him better this week than last BUT that is still not saying much. It was ok at best. So far I am disappointed with tonight.

Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 09:08 PM
For me it it better than last week as some of the nerves seem to be calmed down, but other than David H. they seem to be playing it really safe and boring.

"Chickezie"
Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 09:12 PM
Looks like all the girls are here tonight.

What we don't know about Chickezie. Where his crazy name came from. It is Nigerian.

Singing: I Believe

"RE: Chickezie"
Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 09:15 PM
Did his less talented twin sing for him last week. I kinda dig him this week. But then I'm not sure I know the original so I'm not comparing him to anyone.

Randy. He is back, America. Look this is the guy we fell in love with. I'm so happy you are back, that was hot baby.

Paula. Very clever you picked a song and a story. You better remember my name, brilliant and fun.

Simon. I've got to tell you. Going to call you Chi. You look better, very clever choice of song, a million times better than last week. You must have seen yourself back, the horror show that was you,

He said I let you get to me, I liked my suit, can't wear it twice, only you do that Simon. I'm sorry, Simon: Just when I'm beginning to like you again, you become obnoxious and you can't help it. Look at your Mother, she is horrified.

Posted by whimsey on 02-26-08 at 09:15 PM
Good voice, excellent song choice.

I still think he needs a stylist - he's too ordinary. Loved the comeback to Simon, though.

Posted by zazzy on 02-27-08 at 09:22 AM
I vote him most improved from last week.

Posted by agman on 02-26-08 at 09:12 PM

>Simon. Look, the simple truth
>is last week was boring
>and this week was awkward
>and ordinary and horrific ending.
> It was corny, you
>are a quite good singer
>that can't perform very well.

I think Simon is exactly right on this. He does have a nice voice but really is not much a performer.

Posted by zazzy on 02-27-08 at 09:16 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-08 AT 09:18 AM (EST)

Simon doesn't want him in the top 12 whatsoever and did a total whack-a-mole on him (yes, it wasn't very good but did Simon have to be so ugly to him with his "drunk at the party" reference after he called him a "dependable old dog last week? He seemed like he was trying to destroy his confidence).

It won't be any surprise to us or Simon when Jason gets booted this week. Guess Jason's placing in the middle of the pack last week worried the judges so Simon had to dispatch with him.

I don't think he should be in the top 12 either. I just hate seeing the judges work their agenda and dislike how hateful Simon was. Later he tells David Cook? it is just constructive criticism...balderdash! How is telling someone they sang like they are drunk at a party constructive?

"Chickezie"
Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 09:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-08 AT 09:18 PM (EST)

Relocating to the right location.

Looks like all the girls are here tonight.

What we don't know about Chickezie. Where his crazy name came from. It is Nigerian.

Singing: I Believe

Did his less talented twin sing for him last week. I kinda dig him this week. But then I'm not sure I know the original so I'm not comparing him to anyone.

Randy. He is back, America. Look this is the guy we fell in love with. I'm so happy you are back, that was hot baby.

Paula. Very clever you picked a song and a story. You better remember my name, brilliant and fun.

Simon. I've got to tell you. Going to call you Chi. You look better, very clever choice of song, a million times better than last week. You must have seen yourself back, the horror show that was you,

He said I let you get to me, I liked my suit, can't wear it twice, only you do that Simon. I'm sorry, Simon: Just when I'm beginning to like you again, you become obnoxious and you can't help it. Look at your Mother, she is horrified.

Posted by whimsey on 02-26-08 at 09:19 PM

Was it the cough syrup, the Cold Duck or the brownies?

Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 09:23 PM
I probably shouldn't answer that question.

Posted by cahaya on 02-26-08 at 09:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-08 AT 09:20 PM (EST)

Ah, so you're a closet Republican.

Pretty good performance by Chik, overcoming the whole negative scene of last week. Upbeat and cheerful, although not all that memorable as a song, I think he did well this week.

(etf italics)

Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 09:23 PM
Are you accusing me of having a "wide stance"?

Posted by whimsey on 02-26-08 at 09:24 PM
Lordy, let's hope so!!!

"David Cook"
Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 09:17 PM
He's a word nerd.

Singing: All Right Now
Playing Guitar

"RE: David Cook"
Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 09:21 PM
Randy, throw loving the picks out into the crowd. You got the Les Paul, you are the real rocker of the boys. Smart choice of song, kind of believed you.

Paula. The band is on fire tonight. You are the real deal. You got it. That song every kid learned to play guitar on. Every girl fell in love with the guitar player. Smart and relevant to who you are.

Simon. It was solid and believable. That film didn't help you. It was boring, that is partly your problem. You don't have a lot of charisma, which is fine. David says I don't have to win you over, just these people. David, I think I know the rules of this competition. This is called an opinion. Paula says women like smart men.

Posted by whimsey on 02-26-08 at 09:23 PM
Oh dear, David. You are sooo screwed.

If you're going to sass Simon, do it with flair. Simon respect flair and conviction.

Posted by cahaya on 02-26-08 at 09:24 PM
The closing 'opinion' comments/argument didn't help.

Yup, he's a rocker, but is he an Idol? That's what Simon is asking. Good enough performance, but is this a guitar-band lead contest or an Idol singing contest? Even as a band's lead singer, I wasn't impressed by this performance.

Posted by Glow on 02-27-08 at 08:24 AM
I was telling my husband that I realize that everybody will think I just love this guy but I just don't. Not at all. Something about him just sends me running the other direction. Then Simon mentioned his apparent lack of charisma and I was all, "I think that's it. Or at least part of it." I'm sure he's fine in a bar in front of 30 people. I'm not saying he can't make me change my mind about him because it is still quite early in the competition to give up on him completely.

Posted by CTgirl on 02-27-08 at 08:50 AM
I know what you mean about the irk factor. But I think he is one of the guys who has room to grow throughout the season and will improve - Michael Johns and David A. are already pretty polished as performers.

Posted by 2thDr on 02-26-08 at 09:23 PM
I usually agree with Simon, but he was a jerk to David C. I think the "word nerd" clip made him interesting. WHo would imagine a rocker as a closet cross worder....I like the effect of those two personalities in him. thought his performance was top two so far. Simon needs to get a grip at times.....

Posted by whimsey on 02-26-08 at 11:12 PM
Welcome to the boards, 2thDr!

Rent the documentary "Wordplay". Very entertaining. You'd be suprised who is truly a " word nerd ".

Posted by mindy23 on 02-27-08 at 01:58 PM
I was horribly embarrassed for him, and then all the hoopala over David A.'s intro, while HE was still on the stage....NOT GOOD!!! Not a good night for David C. at all!!!

"David Archuleta"
Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 09:27 PM
What we don't know about David A. Talks about the film clip about meeting the first Idol contestants that has been all over the internet for a long time. That? A lot of us knew about. I'd rather have some fresh info, thanks.

Singing: Imagine.

"RE: David Archuleta"
Posted by whimsey on 02-26-08 at 09:29 PM
There. will. be. tears.

Damned younguns.

Posted by 2thDr on 02-26-08 at 09:31 PM
WOW....Darn good young man. I might have to join the tween train and make him my fav.

Posted by MasterTech on 02-26-08 at 09:32 PM
I enjoyed that more than Lennon's. That's record worthy stuff, IMO.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 02-27-08 at 07:13 AM
I did not want to like this guy tonight. I didn't want anything to spoil my Chikizie vibe. But, the kid got me. I fought the goosebumps and the tears, but the kid got me.

Posted by nailbone on 02-27-08 at 12:01 PM
Yep, me too. He's moved Jason C. to #2 for me right now.

Posted by cahaya on 02-26-08 at 09:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-08 AT 09:33 PM (EST)

Well, check it out, as Randy said. Really good song, full of heart, among the best of the night. Pure song, no gimmicks, nicely performed. Thumbs up.

(eta) And I'm surprised. I had him pegged as a Sanjaya last week. He might surprise some more.

Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 09:31 PM
Ok, trying not to compare to the original, as I'm not sure I like the "making it his own" changes. But his voice does sound really good tonight. I guess I like the simplicity of the melody and the runs, etc. just bothered me.

Randy. I've been saying it is about the young ones. One of the best vocals ever on this show. Maturity way beyond your years you were born to do this, brilliant. Why didn't you sing the first verse. He likes the third one for its message

Paula. I want to squish you and dangle you from my rear view mirror. One of the most beautiful songs written and a beautiful performance. You are destined for super stardom

Simon. Very risky, but it worked. You are the one to beat. And there are 19 very miserable contestants sitting here tonight.

Posted by dragonflies on 02-27-08 at 00:01 AM
I'm glad he changed it up. The original is very powerful because if it's simplicity, but David needed to separate himself from Lennon, and he did a great job. I think he would have been crucified if he hadn't changed it up somewhat significantly. Second best on my list tonight.

Posted by Snidget on 02-27-08 at 07:25 AM
I know he needed to change it up some, but there was something about adding the runs I didn't like. I think I'd have preferred a rhythm change up but that may be harder to do than adding in runs.

At least he did a really good job of it, because if you take on a classic and are just a'ight it looks much worse than any other song you are just a'ight on.

Posted by Glow on 02-27-08 at 09:01 AM
right there with ya, snidg

Posted by CTgirl on 02-27-08 at 08:46 AM
I agree. I'm a so-so fan of David and I was prepared to hate this and I was mightily impressed.

Posted by buckeyegirl on 02-26-08 at 09:31 PM
I must be missing something, because I didn't think it was as good as the judges thought it was.

Posted by memzoo48 on 02-26-08 at 09:34 PM
Paula wants to squish him, squeeze his head off and dangle him from her rearview mirror. ROTFL.

Posted by nailbone on 02-27-08 at 12:03 PM
Most uncomfortable moment of the night. You can be arrested in some states for saying that.

She really is just completely goofy.

Posted by Fishercat on 02-26-08 at 09:36 PM
I don't buy it.

I thought the vocal was fantastic, I thought it was controlled, professional, and strong.

I just can't buy him singing Imagine. Sorry, how am I supposed to believe it?

You know how there are supposedly artists you don't ##### with on this show? Aretha, Stevie, and Celine for their voices? I think it's the same with Lennon for his message. How am I supposed to believe Imagine coming out of a 16-year old who has been fed through the Hollywood machine?

Posted by cahaya on 02-26-08 at 11:07 PM
I don't buy it.

Me, either. I wouldn't shell out money for a CD by him (or any of the other guys) based on what I've heard so far.

"Phone Numbers"
Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 09:32 PM
866 -436-5701 Michael Johns
866 -436-5702 Jason Castro
866 -436-5703 Luke Menard
866 -436-5704 Robbie Carrico
866 -436-5705 Danny Noriega
866 -436-5706 David Hernandez
866 -436-5707 Jason Yeager
866 -436-5708 Chikezie
866 -436-5709 David Cook
866 -436-5710 David Archuleta

"Yikes!!"
Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 09:33 PM
Hearing some of the early vocals after David A makes them sound really much worse than I remember the first time around.

"RE: Yikes!!"
Posted by buckeyegirl on 02-26-08 at 09:36 PM
I was just thinking the same thing....the Davids were my favorite of the night.

"RE: Yikes!!"
Posted by memzoo48 on 02-26-08 at 09:49 PM
Mine, too. David A., David C., in that order.

"Thanks!"
Posted by cahaya on 02-26-08 at 09:37 PM
Yup, David A did sound pretty good after hearing the earlier performances.

(Not a good sign for the guys, relative to the gals.)

Thanks for hosting, Snidg! Get well soon.

"RE: Thanks!"
Posted by SeniorCitizen on 02-26-08 at 09:51 PM
It's always fun to come here and sneak a peek before I see the performances. DialIdol has David A fixed firmly at number one. This is looking a lot like 2006 when the choice was made early in the game. The girls aren't showing up much on DI. Maybe when the crowd thins out it will be different.

"RE: Thanks!"
Posted by whimsey on 02-26-08 at 11:04 PM
Great job, Snidget. Rest!

"Early Dial Idol Results"
Posted by Snidget on 02-26-08 at 09:54 PM
69.7 David A
21.7 David H
18.2 Michael
12.1 Jason C
11.8 Chikezie
11.1 David C
7.1 Luke