URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 243
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Controversial audition"

Posted by nailbone on 01-26-05 at 10:35 AM
An audition so controversial the judges walk...

I missed the show last night and haven't watched the tape yet. So which audition was so controversial and why did the judges walk out?

Handcrafted by Rolly - ain't it cool!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Controversial audition"
Posted by volsfan on 01-26-05 at 10:49 AM
The audition was twins and Paula and Randy both agreed that they should advance to Hollywood. Gene and Simon both said no. Paula and Randy got up and left. Paula was very upset with Simon.

Posted by samboohoo on 01-26-05 at 10:53 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-05 AT 10:54 AM (EST)

There were two twins at the end. I can't remember their names. Anyway, they purposely did not dress alike, wanted to be individuals. They were put together to audition. They sang a Boys2Men song.

Randy: Yes
Gene: No, sing something more grown up.
Paula: Yes, you can sing to me all night long.
Simon: No.

Then there was some discussion about them singing together or individual. I can't remember the specifics. I think Simon at that point agreed to judge them as individuals. They did a re-vote and Gene and Simon still said no. I think Paula said no to one of the individuals. So Randy and Paula got mad about that and left.

Apparently one of the twins shows up alone in Vegas.

I saw it while I was cleaning the classroom, so I'm not sure of everything that happened. Perhaps someone else can fill in.

ETA: I wasn't wild about either of them, but I do tend to think along the lines of Simon.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by seahorse on 01-26-05 at 11:20 AM
I thought they were pretty good. There was another pair of twins that both were allowed to go to Hollywood. I did not think they should be going.

Gene was very tough on the auditioners which is probably why only 16 people moved on from this audition. Also they needed 3 out of four to move on rather than the two out of three from the last audition in St. Louis.

The guest judge from Sugar Ray in Washington DC was also, very non-critical and 40 moved on from there.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by emydi on 01-27-05 at 10:34 AM
Righy sammy, they sang alone and Paula said no to one and yes to the other but Simon and Gene both still said no.

Last nite the one she said yes too returned alone in Las Vegas and Kenny Loggins agreed that he should go to Hollywood. Simon, of course, said no still. So the one is going and maybe the other one shows up alone in San Fran or Cleveland next week. I do not think there is a guest judge in SF so if the one goes, he will have to convince Paula to vote for him either way. Whether LL Cool J will like him, I couldn't even guess that.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

I do like their choices of guest judges this year. Gene was a bit hard (sort of like Quentin) but I do not think he was sooooo wrong in any of his assessments

Posted by seahorse on 01-27-05 at 02:30 PM
I think he were smart to reaudition alone. That is what they wanted to do in the first place, but they were pushed together by the producers. I thought they were good enough to go to Hollywood, but not to make it to the finals.

I hope the other tries out again too.

Handcrafted by RollDdice